chat channels

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I thought about "normal" and "abnormal" but ruled that out because I believed it invited too much misbehavior.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

The Lounge and The Other Lounge.

EDIT: And while we're on the subject.... Can we perhaps get a channel with level restrictions? Something like /elite, so experienced players could chat like in /Valhalla.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Heroes' Guild Lounge -- Heroes hanging around after/before a hard night's patrolling

The Police Band -- Heroes chatting while patrolling, listening for trouble

*shrug*
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Ugh, an elitist channel already? Man, you're a crazy one K3v. ;)

PvP. When it comes. >.>
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Late night fighting in the chat suggests that the two channels should be named "Heroes sucks" and "Heroes is great". Heroes the TV show. Not Heroes the game in Twilight.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Agree. Nobody in the elite channel except for accounts that have hit level 50 :D
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Can you guys wait another 23 levels? Okay, thanks.

>.>
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I almost made a new thread, but I think it'd be better to just use this one. Profess your undying love for chat 2.0 here.

I can't believe how much faster it is. Even on my terrible internet, it's still instantaneous. That, and being able to /L is great, we can finally see some use out of the different channels!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

First, a million thanks to Olaf for putting this together.

I very much hope this becomes less confusing for newbies who often think nobody's in chat because nobody's in newbie, which is now simply Help (remember, no spoilers there!).

I also hope this will spread out some of the trade/roleplay chatter so only those interested need to hear it.

Also, as an undocumented (until now) feature, when you log in you'll get any /pm's sent to you while you weren't logged in. I'm not officially documenting it yet, because I'm not sure of the constraints--these may get cleaned up at rollover, but I'm not sure.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

It's awesome!

Now all we need are right-click options (à la KoL), and I'll be happy.

Ryme,
1) Why don't you like "/r" to reply to last sender instead of recipient?
2) We've had enough role playing to merit a RP channel? If so, where was I when all of it was happening? :lol:
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Corrupt Shadow wrote:1) Why don't you like "/r" to reply to last sender instead of recipient?
2) We've had enough role playing to merit a RP channel? If so, where was I when all of it was happening? :lol:
Because that can make for embarassing situations. Imagine a big time spade or something trading secrets, and then some silly n00b messages him. Now he just told the secret of life to him. Stuff like that.

2) Yeah. Sort of. It'll grow. I mean, you could really make the same case for trading. Most of it is done during very late nights in the US.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Corrupt Shadow wrote: 1) Why don't you like "/r" to reply to last sender instead of recipient?
1) Because your last sender can change instantaneously at any moment. Often while you're typing, or about to hit send. It's not even remotely reliable.

2) Doesn't matter how much we've had, really. There's no reason not to have it. Now anyone who wants to play there can, and anyone who doesn't enjoy it can stay away, at no real cost to anyone. And yes, at times, chat has been entirely full of italics. Other times, not so much. Usually while you're sleeping.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Ryme wrote:, at times, chat has been entirely full of italics.
Specially when I'm around :lol:
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Satan

Post by Satan »

So. Think we could have it to where, when you're listening to channels, it only puts the tags on the one's you're listening to (not the one you're in)? Usually that's the primary channel because you're more focused on it/you get more messages there, and it's inconvenient to have to read a tag for every single message when you expect most will be from the primary channel. Or atleast can we get the ability to choose if we want the primary channel's messages to be tagged or not?
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I personally like it with the tags. I might switch around channels alot. I find it more confusing without them, as I've found out in KoL.

Just sayin'.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Cross channel /who would be nice. ie: you're in normal, but "/who help" would list players in help.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Currently, "#help /who" will do that.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!