Badge spading bounty - until March 31st

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Harry Dresden

Badge spading bounty - until March 31st

Post by Harry Dresden »

It has been more than 9 months since the Ravenclaw badge was "discovered", and there's not even a wiki page for it to show any kind of spading effort. Therefore, I am creating incentive.

Bounty: Find out how to attain the Ravenclaw badge
Deadline: March 31, 2013
Prize*: 6 stars if found in January, 5 stars if found in February, 4 stars if found in March

If, by some miracle, someone happens to find a different new badge during this time and how to attain it, I'll double the bounty.

*Devs need not apply.
Satan

Re: Badge spading bounty - until March 31st

Post by Satan »

A few things I'd like to put forward for others to test, since I have no need for stars and am lazy to test them myself. Having read the Harry Potter books, there is no specific instance where Ravenclaw was awarded many, many points (perhaps never any, but I can't be sure), but there are some for gryffindor, so it's likely the number 1000 has no significance to the method of attaining the badge itself. Obviously Ravenclaw was known for wit and intellect, but in this case I get the feeling the badge may be sarcastic in nature, so we'd want to look at doing incredibly dumb things. My first suggestion is to amass alot of +time/turn. I'd do it, but I don't feel like retconning right now and I have the efficient hero skill already, which would make this harder if it's a constant time per turn limit and not just amassed +time/turn.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

While the wind warrior mentions Dumbledore, there's no page for having 1000+ minutes of it (I didn't check at exactly 1000, though).
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Satan

Post by Satan »

Verified exactly 1000 minutes of wind warrior does not give badge. Also interesting, VR center (and camp camping camp stuff) do not decrement time on temporary sidekicks.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Satan wrote:Also interesting, VR center (and camp camping camp stuff) do not decrement time on temporary sidekicks.
Yep, thought that was known. I figured it was nice for the player, but also justify it as the sidekick not having to work, so not charging you for that time.
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

Googling various variants of the phrase leads to some potterible online game, and some fanfics. Nothing that would give me a clue, though.
But at least I learned what an Encantada Siren is.
Isladar

Post by Isladar »

I kind of don't want to suggest this here, because if it pans out, I might not get the bounty.

That said, I think it is a reference to "batting 1000" and the icon is the baseball scoring for a strikeout without swinging. (Ravenclaw in this case could be a jibe at someone over-thinking it.)

And if it's Ryme who made the badge...
Satan

Post by Satan »

On that note, swinging 1000 bats and breaking them all does nothing. That might mean you need to hit 1000 pinatas. Which is gonna take lots of time.

EDIT: Note that I did 1000 in 100 intervals, since the input field was limited to 3 characters. I doubt the badge would require someone to use attribute editing, and I'm assume it doesn't have to all be done on one day, much less in one multi-use.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Well, we already have a baseball-bat badge...
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Isladar

Post by Isladar »

The baseball is a weapon too. I wondered if it was a strikeout your enemies badge.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Satan wrote:EDIT: Note that I did 1000 in 100 intervals, since the input field was limited to 3 characters. I doubt the badge would require someone to use attribute editing, and I'm assume it doesn't have to all be done on one day, much less in one multi-use.
Yeah, I wouldn't require anyone use 1000 of something at once without providing somewhere it could be done legitimately.

Cheers!
Kinak
Hardware

Post by Hardware »

Well, I'm not sure if I'm working on outdated information, but I distinctly remember someone mentioning in chat a clue about a badge that hadn't been found, yet. This was a few months ago, but I don't think that any have been found in that time, so I would imagine that this is that badge. It was mentioned that the badge has something to do with downtown. Now that I've seen the badge references to +1000 points and Ravenclaw, I started looking through the possible locations that could have something to do with this. The first idea, obviously, centered on the VR center. If that were the case, though, I'm pretty sure that someone would have already had that badge long ago.

However, with the baseball imagery worked into the badge, I would have to consider Frank's Ballpark as a possible place for the badge to be found. Perhaps equipping the baseball during those combats and "striking them out." As Cris said, there's already a baseball bat badge, so I doubt if that would be the trigger. I won't say that I'd rule it out, though, since the Harry Potter reference might be a nod to Quidditch, which does include wooden bats in gameplay.

However, if Frank's Ballpark is the key to this badge, then there really isn't much chance of anyone spading it in the timeframe that HD has given, since Frank's Ballpark has only appeared once in March. It usually appears around the first week of April.

Sounds like Harry may have played it safe to get to first base. :P
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Frank's Ballpark appears twice per year: once at the beginning of baseball season, and once during the World Series.
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Satan

Post by Satan »

There's a possibility that it could relate to the VR center, and whatever it relates to just wasn't being recorded. Since retcon was implemented, I doubt many people use the VR center that much, especially now that camp training camp offers better solutions.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

There's multiple unfound badges. The "downtown" badge is different than the Ravenclaw badge. There are currently... four or five unfound badges, not counting the "impossible" badge.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Harry Dresden wrote:6 stars if found in January, 5 stars if found in February, 4 stars if found in March
Well, it's February now. Wah-wah.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Cristiona wrote:Well, it's February now. Wah-wah.
On the bright side, I added another new badge.

Which I guess makes this the Lightning Round!

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

heh, unless its something one would stumble upon I doubt it'll be found soon :P
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Last month for you slackers to earn a few stars.
seventhcross

Post by seventhcross »

I'm just going to continue slacking.... 8)
Hardware

Post by Hardware »

Same here.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

From what I know most badges were stumbled upon, unless there are new clues or hints, nothing new will get found deliberately....
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Especially since nobody's even looking.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Cristiona wrote:Especially since nobody's even looking.
We've pretty much exhausted our resources on badge hunting. There are so many badges now and so much content that it's difficult to single out what might be worth a badge or not. And the badge hints available are vague enough it could be anything. It's not time effective to seek out a badge like that. Just wait for more people to wander into it. Or no one does and it never gets found. Fine by me >.>
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Sadly, there's a badge that someone almost got, but stopped doing before they got it. It's been around for ages and probably need to be updated. "Downtown" is almost three years old and has been languishing. There's also at least two badges that have gone in relatively recently that haven't been found either. And, of course, there's still Ravenclaw and "impossible".

And any others that Kinak might have snuck in or that I might have forgotten about.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

is that someone still around?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I don't think so? All I know is that Ryme told me someone was close. I think they gave up before they made it.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

well, I know I'm not getting any of them
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions