Minor bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Patojonas

Re: Minor bugs

Post by Patojonas »

When consuming tiramisu with the suger purifier skill (also happens to the black hole chocolate):

Not only is it stuck together, but aren't the messages usually printed after the item's consume message? (maybe that's why they're stuck together :P)

Pried the messages apart. Silly candy, always getting stuck together :)
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

The image for processor pin needs cleanup, quite visible debris in bottom left corner ;)

Fixed, thanks!
lazyfire

Post by lazyfire »

Fighting the Processor in Inner Cyberspace
Your opponent attacks ... Your talk of "users" has you branded a blasphemer, but all the minions are off on break, so they don't notice.

You hear a distinct cry for help from the Processor. Several burly programs run to its aid and give you a once-over for %1, then leave just as promptly.
Fixed, thanks!
lazyfire #303
The saddest songs were wrote in minor keys
Like Johnny Marr, I want my “Please Please Please” - Jason Martin
Satan

Post by Satan »

Currently, throwing star magnetar slips through VIL's shields completely. No other throwing star (or any other combat item I've tested) does so, so this is peculiar to me. It's not really exploitable since most people have none or only 1 of them, but worth mentioning. Also, the flavor text for VIL getting out of a stun doesn't always show up. I was perplexed to see 'opponent is stunned.' and then immediately 'opponent attacks', but noticed sometimes the shakes it off quicker than you though message appears as well.

Edit: Magnetar glitch seems to be fixed tonight.

Merged to avoid double post: 2nd bug discovered today, when it lists out the items that are given in the league logs, the last one contained in a field set has its closing </a> tag missing. So clicking text under it also brings up the item description popup. This happens for multiple fieldsets on the page. Also, *cough*, this bug would be very apparent if links were styled as links and not plaintext. Just saying :p
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Satan

Post by Satan »

When you have line breaks in a league description, a <br /> shows up in the text box (as well as the actual line break), so if you re-edit without taking out those <br />s, they go into the edited description as plaintext.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Satan wrote:When you have line breaks in a league description, a <br /> shows up in the text box (as well as the actual line break), so if you re-edit without taking out those <br />s, they go into the edited description as plaintext.
Should be good now.

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Not very relevant, but since all the other pages have it, I suppose a "back to the lobby" link is missing at the bottom of the Command Room :wink:

Fixed for great justice!
Satan

Post by Satan »

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/fo ... alfoot.jpg yields a 404, so it's not showing up in battle.

Fixed to no longer point there, thanks!
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

It may just be my computer, but in case it's not --- the image for the onyx shadow in the Mouths of Darkness is now showing up.
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

When I was cleaning up my inventory, I noticed that Ouch's lovely flower shows up in the Recyclonizer list (unlike the other Ouch items) and it can indeed be Recyclonized.

Not any more!
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Um... I don't think telekinesis is working right:

"Using the power of your mind, you pick up nearby objects and pelt your opponent for 1 damage"

9 skill points, 78 buffed Int, against a Pax Verde commando, who isn't immune to physical.

Should be good now, cheers!
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Satan

Post by Satan »

Your opponent attacks, but you deftly turn the blow aside with your Stainless Steelbreaker.You hit a button in your schwanky spy car. It turns into a submarine for a second, bewildering your foe long enough for you to act.
Two things wrong. Obviously there's no space or breaks between the two messages for the steelbreaker and the spy car. But more importantly, they shouldn't both trigger at the same time, kinda overkill :p

Should be good.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Stainless Steelbreaker description:
...It's made from highly durable paladinium...
and in the next paragraph:
but because paladinum is itself
Since the ingame metal is called paladinum, the 1st quote is the one that needs fixing ;)

Paladin'd!
Satan

Post by Satan »

I wasn't keeping very good track, I may have used limited immortality from the robe 2 or 3 times, not sure. But it was showing up in the skills list, so I figured that meant it'd be used only twice. I went to use it and it took the 1 PP, then said I'd already used it 3 times and removed it from the list. It'd be best if it's removed from the list immediately after using it 3 times.

EDIT: It's gone from the list now, so I'm assuming I had only used it twice and it got bugged to where it didn't restore on the 3rd try. That or it only disappears from the list when you try to use it past the limit?
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Satan wrote:I wasn't keeping very good track, I may have used limited immortality from the robe 2 or 3 times, not sure. But it was showing up in the skills list, so I figured that meant it'd be used only twice. I went to use it and it took the 1 PP, then said I'd already used it 3 times and removed it from the list. It'd be best if it's removed from the list immediately after using it 3 times.

EDIT: It's gone from the list now, so I'm assuming I had only used it twice and it got bugged to where it didn't restore on the 3rd try. That or it only disappears from the list when you try to use it past the limit?
Happened to me before, if you log out and then back in it'll be there again even after the 3rd use, will disappear again just as you described.

Not perfect, but should be better now.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Got Wraith on Jetpack today, but there was no message on the main page when I logged in about it. I didn't know I had it until I looked at the Wear Things page.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Were you logged in during the rollover? The message notification code's a little weird if you span the rollover and don't click "log out" instead of... well... anything else.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Nah, I'm in and out of my alts early in the day. It might have just been an issue with slow connection since it was taking 10-15 seconds to load pages at that point, and I didn't sit at the main screen long.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

in the funny little villaintine popup, the
Comes from February 2013 Item of the Month
is missing its boldness :P

Emboldened!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/it ... othium.gif

Needs a bit of cleanup, there's a bit of debris pixels at the top, probably just the very first line of pixels (zooming helps if you have a small screen :P )

Catalyzed!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Eh, that was fast, awesome :P

Fixed these too.

Since you're at it, could you also clean the debris on the right of the (red) horse pill?

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/it ... e-pill.gif

edit: also, there's some debris on top

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/items/ateamvan.gif
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/it ... wrench.gif

there's minor debris on the bottom left over the wrench, on top and in the big "U" (and yes, I can see the one in the "U" without zooming on my 17.3' screen :P)

Whatever you say. I'm pretty sure you're just crazy. Also fixed!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Eh, was about to say it looked the same, but then I cleaned the cache and it is clean indeed. Tricky browser :P

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/it ... meleon.gif

there's dirt on the hood and some debris below the trunk part :P

Pato is a good kind of crazy ...or at least he hopes so :oops:

But you can't make the luxury chameleon look good, that defeats the point! Okay, fine, jeez.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Hehehe :P

While using the bleeding edge medkit, i get the following message:
You break open the medkit, ignore the blood, and let it do its thing to the tune of .
Guess the amount of healing is missing ;)

Fixed, thanks!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

2 more pics in need of some cleaning :P

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/it ... nocles.gif

top right debris

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/it ... nghood.gif

there's some lines in this pic that prolly shouldn't be there, on the left and upper edges of the image.

edit: seems I came in time to add another 2 this post:

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/it ... ruffle.gif

bottom left debris

http://www.twilightheroes.com/images/it ... eheart.gif

debris cloud all around the heart

Fixed these. I'm just glad no one was watching me tilt my screen back and forth, trying to see some of the problems here.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

when I use the autolumberjack, a sidekick image shows on the left panel as well as the duration, but no name.

Fixed that up, thanks!
Satan

Post by Satan »

Not necessarily a bug as it just lack of coding for the feature (probably), but you don't get IOUs for wearing the blackbox while doing camp camping camp training (I'd assume the same holds for VR center). But the wording clearly states: "Dirk Douglass, the holistic investigator, doesn't care where you go or what you do."

IOUS plox >.>
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Today, when I went to St. Anne Park with my game clock at 10 PM, there was no occupied footpath, just the regular unoccupied one. I double-checked and triple-checked my game clock, but it was at 10:00:00 PM,
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Satan

Post by Satan »

Sanjuro wrote:Today, when I went to St. Anne Park with my game clock at 10 PM, there was no occupied footpath, just the regular unoccupied one. I double-checked and triple-checked my game clock, but it was at 10:00:00 PM,
Obviously this is because of DST. You were an hour late. <.<
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Satan wrote:Obviously this is because of DST. You were an hour late. <.<
Ironically, this is probably what happened. The times in the left pane were offset oddly earlier.

Should be good now :)

Cheers!
Kinak
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

April's iotm image needs cleanup on top and on the left of the cap :mrgreen:

Cleaned up some splattered paint :P
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Stacked prismatics can make for goofiness:
[P]Drat! During the fight the hunllef puzzle has reverted itself to its original scrambled state. Or possibly some other equally useless state. It's not really possible to tell, honestly. [P]Well, that red line is probably less useful now that your foe is down for the count.
Missing a linebreak.

Fixed with all the colors of the wind, thanks!
Satan

Post by Satan »

When you click the name of this month's IotM sidekick in the sidepanel, the popup says a sidekick of that type cannot be found.

Fixed, thanks!
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

not really a bug but seemed the best place to ask: is there a reason for rainwater not to be recyclable/digitizable/goatable(lol) ?

Probably because it began life as a special reward. Now that it's given out by a non-combat, seems like it should probably be goatble.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

at the bottom of the ugly cashmere sweater description, in very small font one can read:
Note to self: do this for December's item
Maybe it shouldn't be there? Looks like a dev note lol
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Patojonas wrote:Maybe it shouldn't be there? Looks like a dev note lol
But if we remove it, then we'll forget :P

Cheers!
Kinak
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Patojonas wrote:Maybe it shouldn't be there? Looks like a dev note lol
:P
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Um... I think telekinesis is a little messed up:

Using the power of your mind, you pick up nearby objects and pelt your opponent for 1 damage.
Using the power of your mind, you pick up nearby objects and pelt your opponent for 91 damage.

That's back to back rounds in the same fight against a foe in the camp (bland vet, I believe). It's not physically immune or resistant. And it's happened with multiple foes. One had three rounds of 1 point damage in a row.

Level 12 psion, arcane scholar sidekick, 10 points in telekinesis, maxed Mystery running, and +80% spell damage from equipment. There's no way I should be doing a single point of damage.
Kinak
Site Admin

Post by Kinak »

Cristiona wrote:Um... I think telekinesis is a little messed up:
I wasn't able to replicate this, but I think I found what was causing it. Let me know if it keeps cropping up.

Cheers!
Kinak
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Looks like it's all fixed now. Thanks.