Mystery: work gloves

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Mystery: work gloves

Post by Ryme »

I've gotten lots of reports that work gloves aren't preventing fumbling. However, every time I test them, I can play for hundreds of turns at a time, with a dozen rounds per combat, and never fumble once.

So, either y'all are all crazy, or there's something fishy going on. So I'd like some more details.

FIRST: be aware that there are things which can make you MORE likely to fumble. Those things can balance out the gloves. So if you fumble with work gloves, the first thing you should check is to see if there's anything which might be interfering. (Hint: check your effects.)

However, I've had some reports from people swearing there's no increased fumble effect, and it still happens. So I'll need to know what you're wearing, what effects you have active, etc.

Thanks for the help.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I got one report that it was ranged weapons, but I can't manage to fumble with them.

I also got one report that mentioned using the gadgeteer skill which also balances weapons and prevents fumbles. Those folks who do fumble, are you all gadgeteers? Have you been using the gadgeteer skill that prevents fumbling? Maybe when the effect wears off it's counteracting the gloves.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

dvmaprezson wrote:What's the effect called? I'll test it tomorrow.
Upgrade Weapons: Self Balancing.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but I think I've got a decent theoretical grasp on what's happening. Just gotta get some time to poke around with the numbers.