New Hyde Park Locations

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

The Leopard

New Hyde Park Locations

Post by The Leopard »

Who else loves everything about them?

Fun enemies, nice non-combats (dumbell!), neat drops, everything!

Teeter Street cracked me up, and Yang Boulevard gives a nice dose of ninja-style action. Great job, Ryme!
Mana Yachanichu

Re: New Hyde Park Locations

Post by Mana Yachanichu »

It's awesome - I really like the writing on it, and you can never have too many Sesame Street references.
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

They're both awesome, although for some reason I like Yang a bit more than Teeter :D

What I like a lot is the NCs with so many choices - although I'd like it even more if a certain NC which gives an equipment piece had an extra option for when you have all of them, maybe a bit of XP or something(so you don't end up accumulating autosell fooder after you have one of each. ).

Sorry if that sounded like a complaint - again, I'm really enjoying this. Makes Hyde park way more exciting :)
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

They look AMAZING. Sadly, I'm not going to find time to play in them until after Harry's Maso contest is over...
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

I've only been to Yang Street so far, but I like what I see!
-It's about freakin' time we got a Thundercats reference in here!
-I'm still hoping to find something to combine with a fire drill to make it more...East Asian.
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Citizen James

Post by Citizen James »

More candy too. Yea! :mrgreen:

Is this a permanent addition, or a temporary event?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Temporary things almost always have a red box at the top of the main map stating that they're temporary. This is a permanent addition (it's been in the works far too long to be an event).

Furthermore, because people have been asking, Teeter and Yang are completely and utterly independent from NCI or Vincile. The only thing they have in common with the level 11 quest is that they share the same container document. (Jekyll and) Hyde Park was always intended to have more stuff in it (including these zones), but we didn't get around to it until now.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I had a couple of recipes with some items that are free pulls, and then had it pointed out those are easily abusable. I turned them off but have to decide whether those items can't be free pulls anymore, or whether I can't use the recipes. Just in case someone noticed one or more of them and then noticed they stopped working.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

kraazor wrote:I was wondering about recipies.... certain drops should be able to combine in Yang.
If I've missed something obvious, besides the things I retracted, feel free to suggest them in the player suggestions thread.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Okay, I've reinstated two of the recipes from free pulls, and just made the resulting item require level 12 to use. It's a bit of a hack as the effects aren't even that good, but I'd rather keep them than not.

The third recipe, which involves creating a sugar, I think I'm just going to have to add another item in place of the plaudits bar. Dunno when that'll happen.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Why not use the *received* plaudits bar? It's not a free pull.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

You could say the same for the others, too. Besides, I thought the point of them was to unload unwanted items that have no other method of removal?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Lxndr wrote:Why not use the *received* plaudits bar? It's not a free pull.
Well, that's possible. Though I liked that received plaudits are collectors items for doing something someone wanted to reward. Would be sad if people could get rid of those.

Contrary to Cris' claim, the intention isn't really to get rid of items you're stuck with, because mild griefing with the elephant and razzberry was intentional. The recipes were intended so that someone *who didn't want to grief someone else* had a different outlet. Thus it makes sense to have a way to get rid of the giftables, but not the received items.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

It would be unfair to make anything from the received gifts as one person only has been collecting them by the hundreds and will benefit a lot from it.
Oh wait, that's me.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Are received plaudits really only for something awesome?

('Cause there's also people who just collect them, like Muh. And while Muh is awesome, collecting isn't necessarily worth a Plaudit, if it's really for awesomeness...)

And if so, why can't they be MD'd? You'd think you could show them off...
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

I have some in my MD so I'm pretty sure they can...
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

The plaudits candy bar (received version) can be put in the MD, but none of the rest can.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Okay, I've reinstated two of the recipes from free pulls, and just made the resulting item require level 12 to use. It's a bit of a hack as the effects aren't even that good, but I'd rather keep them than not.

The third recipe, which involves creating a sugar, I think I'm just going to have to add another item in place of the plaudits bar. Dunno when that'll happen.
I'm not sure whether this was implemented or not, but the plaudits bar is still marked as an assembly item.