All times are UTC - 7 hours

What type of contest would you prefer?
Artistic: Some form of drawing, photoshop, fiction, etc. 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Recton: Fastest retcon under certain requirements. 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Raffle: A reverse raffle. 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
Trivia: Some form of questions and answers. 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 20
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:21 pm 

Some form of retcon would be nice. Could be no pulls, no caffiene, no sugar and all skills! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm 

If you do a retcon contest, just make sure it's something you can verify in the profile pages. I'm not saying the people who enter are going to lie.....but all people are dirty, filthy liars.

Also, realize that not many people are going to enter unless these forums get more traffic. My own retcon contest (ending soon!) has had a total of 3 people submit Maso times. Maybe that is because Valera's run was so fast no one could beat her until Tek did, but no one was posting before her either.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:44 am 

Harry Dresden wrote:
If you do a retcon contest, just make sure it's something you can verify in the profile pages. I'm not saying the people who enter are going to lie.....but all people are dirty, filthy liars.

Also, realize that not many people are going to enter unless these forums get more traffic. My own retcon contest (ending soon!) has had a total of 3 people submit Maso times. Maybe that is because Valera's run was so fast no one could beat her until Tek did, but no one was posting before her either.

That's cause Maso is evil.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:03 pm 

Maso is pretty brutal, and I can understand people not wanting to do such runs (I'm not sure I'll ever do another one myself, really).

Anyway, I voted for speed contests, but it seems like if it's meant to be a recurring thing, you might as well alternate between different types of contests, to keep people interested.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:15 pm 

TeKRunneR wrote:
Anyway, I voted for speed contests, but it seems like if it's meant to be a recurring thing, you might as well alternate between different types of contests, to keep people interested.

That's what i was thinking. That would be nice, cause that'll give players incentive to mix up their run styles - and i'd include myself in that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:12 pm 

In order of preference:
  1. Raffle
  2. Trivia
  3. Retcon
  4. Artistic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:08 pm 

1.artistic
2.raffle
3.trivia

Retcon already had a contest held by Harry Dresden and frankly, its something optional in the game, having it would exclude some people right from the start.

I only placed artistic first because I'd have an excuse to pull myself into writing some fiction again, and get the spirit back to finish another ~75% complete project

oh, and give a plush doll to all the contestants XD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:37 am 

Retcon
Raffle
Trivia
Art
:D