What would you like in a contest?

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

What type of contest would you prefer?

Artistic: Some form of drawing, photoshop, fiction, etc.
5%
Recton: Fastest retcon under certain requirements.
30%
Raffle: A reverse raffle.
35%
Trivia: Some form of questions and answers.
30%

Total votes: 20

Strlikecrazy

Re: What would you like in a contest?

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Some form of retcon would be nice. Could be no pulls, no caffiene, no sugar and all skills! :D
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

If you do a retcon contest, just make sure it's something you can verify in the profile pages. I'm not saying the people who enter are going to lie.....but all people are dirty, filthy liars.

Also, realize that not many people are going to enter unless these forums get more traffic. My own retcon contest (ending soon!) has had a total of 3 people submit Maso times. Maybe that is because Valera's run was so fast no one could beat her until Tek did, but no one was posting before her either.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Harry Dresden wrote:If you do a retcon contest, just make sure it's something you can verify in the profile pages. I'm not saying the people who enter are going to lie.....but all people are dirty, filthy liars.

Also, realize that not many people are going to enter unless these forums get more traffic. My own retcon contest (ending soon!) has had a total of 3 people submit Maso times. Maybe that is because Valera's run was so fast no one could beat her until Tek did, but no one was posting before her either.
That's cause Maso is evil.
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
TeKRunneR

Post by TeKRunneR »

Maso is pretty brutal, and I can understand people not wanting to do such runs (I'm not sure I'll ever do another one myself, really).

Anyway, I voted for speed contests, but it seems like if it's meant to be a recurring thing, you might as well alternate between different types of contests, to keep people interested.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

TeKRunneR wrote:Anyway, I voted for speed contests, but it seems like if it's meant to be a recurring thing, you might as well alternate between different types of contests, to keep people interested.
That's what i was thinking. That would be nice, cause that'll give players incentive to mix up their run styles - and i'd include myself in that.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

In order of preference:
  1. Raffle
  2. Trivia
  3. Retcon
  4. Artistic
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

1.artistic
2.raffle
3.trivia

Retcon already had a contest held by Harry Dresden and frankly, its something optional in the game, having it would exclude some people right from the start.

I only placed artistic first because I'd have an excuse to pull myself into writing some fiction again, and get the spirit back to finish another ~75% complete project

oh, and give a plush doll to all the contestants XD
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Retcon
Raffle
Trivia
Art
:D