Retcon: WOOT!

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Hannahmaus

Retcon: WOOT!

Post by Hannahmaus »

Wow, it's here! It's totally amazing to be back at the beginning again, an 847-day level 91 run in my retcon history and all my stuff in deep storage. It really feels like Twilight Heroes has come of age today.

Thank you Ryme and everyone else who helped make it possible. I haven't got any smart observations or suggestions, I just wanted to say WOW! GREAT STUFF! And thank you! :)
Kurg

Re: Retcon: WOOT!

Post by Kurg »

Definitely agree. Had been looking forward to this for a lot! Thanks Ryme! :D
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

After 1062 days (5,315 hours, 5 minutes, 47 seconds in game), I finally retcon'd. I hope this run is faster.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

Cristiona wrote:After 1062 days (5,315 hours, 5 minutes, 47 seconds in game), I finally retcon'd. I hope this run is faster.
Elemental 1046 days or 3824h 6m 55s
==
insert clever .sig file here
==
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

I love it! Thank you to the devs and testers! :mrgreen:
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

I've got Malk and Cris beat.

1057 days, 7285h 9m 19s
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Total (In-game) Time Played: 6w 6d 2h 31m 45s

(I'm working on it!)
8)
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

What a quest, what a system, what a game.

I am in love all over again :)
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

"It can be a tough and op3n-ended question if someone asks you "how's life?" But when you're wearing these sturdy, comfortable, custom-d3signed and supr3mely protective l3ggings, the answer is always the same: Life is good."
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

I was very amused to discover that my sidekick, Sparky the Boy Hostage, has a much more appropriate name now. :lol: Thanks for retcon (and the rest of the game, for that matter) Ryme!
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

That was fun, Ryme and crew! Thanks, guys!
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Retcon is awesome. I echo CS, thanks Ryme and others!
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

So far it is indeed awesome! I can't wait till things get REALLY interesting!
8)
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

"Twilight has gone beyond beta, and into uh, gamma, or something."

I'd say we've entered into unlimited. So enjoy your good gear while you can, because a lot of it's gonna be nerfed or removed with the next version: revised.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

I asked in-game about adding skill points permanently. Crist said that it can't be done, which is fair enough. But will there be some special type of permanent skill point at anytime in the future?
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Strlikecrazy wrote:I asked in-game about adding skill points permanently. Crist said that it can't be done, which is fair enough. But will there be some special type of permanent skill point at anytime in the future?
You do get extra skill points, though. If you have completed one run before, you get 1 extra point at level 2, if you've done two you get 1 extra point at levels 2 and 3..and so on.

At least that's how it was explained to me, and we DID get an extra point on level 2 of our retcon runs :)
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Genus wrote:I'm only lvl 24 and am thinking of just going retcon now since i'll seem to get my items and chips back later it seems.

I have like 80 crimebuster IOU's though and was aiming for the Precompletion thing so will my IOU's reset if I retcon now?
I just checked my deep storage, and i've got 57. So i presume they don't get deleted :o

And yes, you get your stuff back. Except the computer(s) in your hideout and some quest items, you should be fine. Check the manual in this link http://www.twilightheroes.com/game-manual/retcon.php

Plus, Retcon is fun :D
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

It might be worthwhile to visibly mark items which are deleted on retcon as such (I mean in the popup)
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Can't have everything in the Manual. After all, that's where people go (or should go) when they first start playing to find out as much as they can. If you spoil everything there, it kind of takes away the fun of discovery.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Prestige wrote: Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting it should be in the manual, I'm just posting it here for people who like to know things. And actually to check whether everything I think I know is correct.
Pretty sure everything you said was correct. A few of those things I meant to mention somewhere and just didn't; a few of those things I thought were already public knowledge but apparently might not be.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Congrats on being the first one to hit a leaderboard, Prestige.
You're looking awfully lonely up there...
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Prestige wrote:
Jesus wrote:Congrats on being the first one to hit a leaderboard, Prestige.
You're looking awfully lonely up there...
Thanks. I'm sure a few others are finishing up their runs today. I hope to see some competition up on the boards. And I'm curious as to the other stuff Nocturne's Shop sells.
How many items are avaliable in your shop Prestige?
TeKRunneR

Post by TeKRunneR »

Just completed my first retcon (Grimdark). I had fun. One thing though: none of the (few) consumables that dropped for me were ever better than black market caffeine or eyeball gumballs. I don't know if that means the black market stuff is too good or if the drops are too crappy, but it seemed a bit counter-intuitive.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

TeKRunneR wrote:Just completed my first retcon (Grimdark). I had fun. One thing though: none of the (few) consumables that dropped for me were ever better than black market caffeine or eyeball gumballs. I don't know if that means the black market stuff is too good or if the drops are too crappy, but it seemed a bit counter-intuitive.
Regarding sugar, there isn't much around, and is the reason i chose caffeine only.
Regarding caffeine, if there weren't any Mister Teas, spend a few adventures in the VR centre. 2 brays/scalpels + 2 ginger's is better than two MT's. The only problem is it costs time.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Prestige wrote: -Your run time (and presumably day count) are recorded based on when you finished the quest, not when you re-retcon.
Wanted to be more precise with this one. Your run officially ends when you talk to Susan and she gives you the R.E.T.C.O.N. device. If you do the rest of the quest but keep adventuring without talking to her, you run won't be recorded yet.

I have added this to the game manual.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

TeKRunneR wrote:I don't know if that means the black market stuff is too good or if the drops are too crappy, but it seemed a bit counter-intuitive.
Well, drops are free while BM stuff costs money. If you don't have pulls, 500 for a tea is brutally expensive. I spent 20 minutes one day trying to figure out if I wanted to spend 500 on a smoke bomb (I didn't).

This'll be unpopular, but I think the best way to address this is push up the price of gingers a little. At 10 chips per, it's still only 120 chips for a full day's caffeine.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I'd like to offer my congratulations to Prestige, Satan, and Strlikecrazy as the first three (respectively) to complete a retcon. Their profile pages will be marked in perpetuity with this reminder of their all-around greatness. Or inability to relax and take their time. However you want to look at it.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

It seems that doing a retcon flushes units from the Recyclonizer. Assuming this is intentional, a note in the manual might be a good idea. Maybe in the FAQ.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It is intentional. I know it's been a while since I've said it, but during the month when recyclonizer was in the Wok, and for a month or two after, there were repeated discussions where I argued for a smaller capacity specifically because people would lose a lot at retcon, and players argued back that they'd rather have a big capacity and take the risk. I realize not everyone was part of this discussion, and I did mean to put it into the manual, but forgot. It's also a little weird to single out one donation item for a comment in the manual, particularly one that most new players won't ever see, but I can see the need for some warning.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Zillow had the idea of a note on the retcon page. It could be above the final button and could just put the note if you have a recyclonizer.

[]Verify you want to do this (Note: Your recyclonizer will be emptied)

[Start Retcon]

Or whatever the buttons say.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Thanks Ryme. I prefer greatness :D
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Cristiona wrote:Zillow had the idea of a note on the retcon page. It could be above the final button and could just put the note if you have a recyclonizer.

[]Verify you want to do this (Note: Your recyclonizer will be emptied)

[Start Retcon]

Or whatever the buttons say.
I think a note about current computers will also be great.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Got to the Mick with 2 turns left. I had two plans for beating him: the one I thought of originally, and another that formed as I went through NCI. Had I gone with the new plan, I'd be done. But nooooooo... that last room requires an adventure! GRAGH!

Still... pretty cool run. And honestly, the dudes in the Alamo were the biggest pain in the ass for the whole building. Including the Mick.

Edit: Also, I'd like to give a shout-out to Vociferous, who made it all possible.