Spaders, let's hear the wish list

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

blackmatter615

Re: Spaders, let's hear the wish list

Post by blackmatter615 »

ummm... maybe when you stop have it display how many of each adventure and how many of each drop, including chips? or is that too much?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I can't say that I do much spading. Maybe drop Jesus (229) a line and point him to this thread. And I'm sure Muh will have ideas once he's not being swamped.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

I haven't been doing any spading lately, and I don't use GM.

But...
Totals for combat and noncombat adventures.
And you have to have the item drops be specific to each combat encounter, rather than just having a list of everything that dropped in a session because some enemies drop the same stuff at different rates. But it sounds like you're on top of that.
And... uh... it should also note any +item/+chip effects that may be active.

Oh! And it'd be nice to have a record of the lowest damage used to kill an enemy and the highest damage that fails to do so. I think enemy HP is one of the least spaded things in the game.

That's all I can think of.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I'm curious about rates of occurrences. Take for instance this month's Majestic noble. How often does it restore PP? How often does it delevel? These might require two different approaches sinch the first is something to count per encounter, while the second is per round.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Doc Igor wrote:Ok, muh... I can look into that, but...
you're gonna need to send me source from the frames where the events you're talking about occur. I'll talk to Ryme about making some slight alterations to the source to make capturing the data with the script easier, but I haven't got a clue what changes to ask for atm on this one. (And I am NOT wasting stars on this month's IotM. So someone else will have to provide the data.)
Actually, it was just an example. There are many things for which we don't have an occurrence rate, or have just a wild guess. There is usually nothing special about the text, in this case, one of the end messages is:

Code: Select all

<P>Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler builds up a mighty charge of chi by rubbing his hands together quickly and capping it off with a loud clap. Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler places a hand on your shoulder, and passes the energy to you. You gain <strong>21 PP.</strong>
and one of the mid messages is

Code: Select all

Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler speaks to your opponent like a servant, calling the foe "boy" and commanding them to commit ritual suicide to atone for losing face. Your opponent tries to ignore the commands, but you can see them becoming visibly demoralized.
(that's the source, as you can see there is nothing there but the text).

Maybe the best approach would be text matching. Provide some way to supply list of strings that are counted per round, per encounter, or per combat. For example I'd put:

1. encounter: "builds up a mighty charge of chi"
2. round: "speaks to your opponent like a servant"

And I'd get after 100 turns something like

1. 40 out of 100 encounters
2. 30 out of 300 rounds
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Doc Igor wrote:Nah. Easier, I think to get Ryme to include an empty tag every time some sort of activation occurs. Text matching would be a bitch, since I'd need to know every message possible for various activations, then need to include enough in the script to uniquely identify them... nah. I'll just run a request by Ryme.

He's been pretty good about including things for scripting purposes, once I point out what would help.
Just to clarify my idea - you wouldn't need to know anything - the whole idea was that this can be user configurable. Including enough to identify would then becomes the user's problem, not yours. It also has much more flexibility, since one can match anything this way.