So, here's a more refined idea for the skills that I initially listed.seventhcross wrote:Just wanted to put down the beginings of some of my skill ideas, after having seen Ryme's list. This is just a start and I will be elaborating more as I explore the initial concepts, but feel free to suggest changes as you like.
13) Changing Tides- Your mastery of the water element improves as you learn to imitate different aspects of the Ocean. Choose one of the following:
- Still Waters You practice remaining calm in all circumstances: +initiative, +dodge(or defense)
- Ocean's Fury You attempt to harness the raging power of a storm at sea, relentlessly hammering your foes and leaving them no place to retreat: + offensive power
- Bounty of the Sea You have watched the rains washing lands clean and carrying the debris into the sea, now you realize how to gather that bounty for yourself from your foes: +chips, +items (maybe .5X%?)
9) Hideout Upgrade- You have found a need to upgrade your current headquarters and now you've come up with some blueprints to improve upon your existing location, which one would you like to use?
- Trophy Room A place you can store those fabulous but useless trinkets you've been gathering from defeated foes and walk down memory lane now and again: +xp per turn
- Lounge You decide your couch needs a little bit of an overhaul, and some accessories. Time to upgrade your furniture and install some games: +sidekick effectiveness, extra hp/pp during rest
- Training Room You've learned some martial arts, now you need somewhere to practice them where you won't be in danger and no one will be criticizing you: cost to level decreased
- Mansion Expansion You've acquired enough wealth through your adventures to buy appropriate stocks and bonds, giving you the appearance of someone who is independently wealthy. Now you've decided to quit that dead-end day-job and move up to the next rung of society: never have to work again, bedtime can go past 7am each day
14) Psychic Imprint- By holding an item in your hands and concentrating on it, you learn to get a feel for how it was used by it's previous owner. Now, you think you'll be able to handle it a little bit better: -fumble (and/or +critical), +weapon damage, +offhand item power (or increased offhand item effectiveness similar to sidekick effectiveness?)
Now the ideas have a little polish to them, still not perfect, but I really like them. Of course there are a few things that will have to be adjusted, such as the hideout upgrade should only have three options, not four. But, I'd really like to hear other peoples opinions on these, any thoughts?