Feb Item of the Month - bowl

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Feb Item of the Month - bowl

Post by Ryme »

Since it's not apparent from the Wok of Stars, I'll say that there are 4 different forms for this month's item. Each form has a couple of general abilities, and one that's class-specific. So you can see the bowl in the wok has spell damage that only works for elementals, but the other three forms have something special for naturalists, gadgeteers, and psions. Nobody's left out.

Oh, and to clarify, it's NOT like the holiday items, where each class only gets one result from using any of the items. Any class can use the item to change it and get any of the forms. The each form is just extra good for one class only.

I'm sure someone will post all details on the wiki shortly, and hopefully link there from here so you can be fully informed.
Cristiona

Re: Feb Item of the Month - bowl

Post by Cristiona »

Attacker takes sonic damage upon successful hit.
Not so much :?

Or rather... no effect in Hyde Park.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I've still gotta fix Hyde park.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Shield's working nicely in Hyde Park now.

But... um... incidentally... the Shieldbreaker...
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Were there supposed to be special messages for each of the four "special" effects? I played around for short while and didn't catch them all.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

They're just funny names for standard effects. Basically I just couldn't ignore the idea that wearing a bowl on your head would give you a bad haircut, and had to do one for each. The item descriptions try to imply why that funny name gives you the effect.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

With the delay in release and the shortness of the month, perhaps have the bowl available for an extra day or two?
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:They're just funny names for standard effects. Basically I just couldn't ignore the idea that wearing a bowl on your head would give you a bad haircut, and had to do one for each. The item descriptions try to imply why that funny name gives you the effect.
Sorry, I read too much into that, and got confused by the message for the shield strike-back damage.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Ah. Well, with the shield strike-back, that's a completely new effect. I had to write something for that one for you to know what was going on. Or "gong on" if you prefer.