Modern Warfare 2

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Re: Modern Warfare 2

Post by Cristiona »

No, that picture wasn't really related at all.

Do you have some sort of mental disorder that forces you attach pointless image macros to your posts? Did you get lost on the way to /b?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

It's /b/, Cris.

LOL, WUT?
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

I want to get it for my Xbox. My PC isn't rigged to handle today's graphics-heavy games.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Never heard of it.
Couldn't afford it anyways.
:?
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Satan

Post by Satan »

You haven't heard of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare? Or the sequel Modern Warfare 2 that just came out last month and was the single largest portion of video game sales for the month and has had tons of specials and commercials because of black Friday and Christmas? >.>

My roommate has it on the PS3. It's pretty cool.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

I got it for PC, but I'm not that good at it and I don't play it enough. That said, I intend to start getting good now >.>
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Satan wrote:You haven't heard of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare? Or the sequel Modern Warfare 2 that just came out last month and was the single largest portion of video game sales for the month and has had tons of specials and commercials because of black Friday and Christmas? >.>

My roommate has it on the PS3. It's pretty cool.
Let me put it this way; Survival and bills and such things as that are more important than games. When money is tied up in bills and food is necessary before the stamps come in, one does not look around to see what games are out there.
I did Google it, and yes it looks good, I guess.

8)
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

so.. what does TH solves?
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

low-grade community extortion, underwater bases, alien races, and space robots.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I would love to get this game if Activision wasn't such a giant money sucking bastard.

Oh, actually, JUST the multiplayer which I hear is like MW1 multiplayer polished (which is all kinds of awesome, I hear).

If I could get a non-screwed over version of JUST the MW2...maybe...maybe...
Satan

Post by Satan »

What are you talking about, Mana? The game is regular priced for the 3 consoles. Dunno what it is for PC, probably less. And there were all kinds of Black Friday specials on it >.> I don't see how the company being money-sucking prevents you from buying a good game anyways. And yeah, the multiplayer is exactly MW1 polished. Really good, good new maps. Never even tried the story mode. Not sure what you mean by non-screwed over version of just the MW2.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Sigh. Do even a LITTLE research before writing crap?

They raised the price to MATCH the console price. There hasn't been enough sales for me to justify buying it ($40? No. Maybe at $20 or $25). Trust me, I've looked.

Activision's CEO, Bobby Kotick, says all kinds of crap about how greedy he is. Clearly they're exploiting Infinity Ward's success.

It doesn't prevent me, but I really don't want to buy it when it supports such greedy actions.

And no mods, no dedicated servers, half-assed multiplayer solution and total loss of control on the consumer's part. In buying this game, you're supporting Activision's act of taking away what are pretty essential rights. Ever heard of "vote with your wallet"? That's what I'm doing.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I told you I didn't know what the PC price was. I don't care to know what it is either, since I don't really play PC games. The sale prices were $40 for console (pretty good when the game was less than a month old), don't know if the PC prices were matched to that too. And again, I'm talking about the console version. The multiplayer was awesome in console, so I assume the same of the PC. I wasn't suggesting you buy the PC version, though- I was talking about one of the console versions. Since that's the one I've played and had good results on.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

And thus the console PC divide is spotted.

The issues on PC are 100% on consoles, it's just that no console user seems to want to fight against commercialization. Sad.

$40 is still too much for me, personally. I don't own a console thus PC is my only (lol, only) main game system.

It's without a doubt, awesome, from what I've heard. BUT, the multiplayer on ALL systems is getting hacked to death. This has to do with IWNet. There's a fatal one on the 360 that just recently popped up (dubbed the "MW2 AIDS virus"). That just won't cut it for me. Shit like that would be much more manageable were there dedicated servers. Not to mention...9v9 on a peer to peer system? Gaaaaaaah, that's disappointing. It's like they just lost all their knowledge of how to run multiplayer right after MW1.

You should care about PC prices. We get awesome deals and awesome games. Not to mention depending on how you set a PC/laptop up, it's more cost-effective vs. consoles. Much more.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Are you saying you want more than 9v9? 9v9's fuckin' crazy :/ I don't see how you could even enjoy much more than that.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Blink wrote:I bought MW2 fo $59.99 + tax Canadian and I DONT regret it_Period.
And that's perfectly fine. For some people, it's worth that much (Canadian? Holy CRAP). For me, I don't like to spend that much on even if it was for my favoritest game of all time coming out. People value things differently. I like gaming, just not enough to hand over that much. Activision is making my decision to NOT buy much easier.
Satan wrote:Are you saying you want more than 9v9? 9v9's fuckin' crazy :/ I don't see how you could even enjoy much more than that.
No. I'm saying that companies should not be able to have that much control. Since when was anything decided from the top (especially in gaming) a good thing? Your opinion of crazy (very probably) is different than mine. Sometimes it's fun to have 32v32. Not to mention that 9v9 is only on the maps you're able to play. If an SDK of some kind was released, you could easily have 32v32 maps that weren't clusterfucks. It's a matter of control, ultimately. You believe that 9v9 is crazy because that's what they told you believe (through the level design).
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Doc Igor wrote:
MagiNinjA wrote:
Blink wrote:I bought MW2 fo $59.99 + tax Canadian and I DONT regret it_Period.
And that's perfectly fine. For some people, it's worth that much (Canadian? Holy CRAP).
Well, that's like... $20US...
Oh ha, looking back, you're right (well, mostly right. :P). I'm used to seeing comparisons to European prices or Australian prices or NZ prices. I just automatically stuck Canadian in that category. So you're paying LESS than Americans, Blink. :)

Nonetheless, paying full is still more than I would pay.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Played it today on my friend's PS3 and it is delicious.

Like in the bacon-type delicious.

With it's eye popping graphic cholesterol.

I love bacon.
Trading insanely super XL bowl! Message Avenger in game. :D