Minor bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Muhandes

Re: Minor bugs

Post by Muhandes »

An extremely minor bug... If catalyzing ends on the same fight where black box produces an IOU there is a missing line break between the texts:

Figuring your catalysis project is over, you spin by your hideout and pick up the results.
You got an item: paladinum

Start catalyzing another piece.Your little black box beeps quietly, letting you know that it's full of data. You swing by the lab and let Dirk download everything. He puts a little tick in your IOU tally sheet, saying you've earned one favor from the group.
You got an item: crimebusters IOU
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Fighting Club/New text interaction is still a little wonky:
You attack ... Your club strikes true on your opponent's chest, and you can almost see Jack's broken heart. Your opponent looks considerably weaker.brutally bashing, you bludgeon beautifully, bequeathing bruises and broken bones; blasting and beating for 688 +5 +10 bamage. Er, damage.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Harry Dresden wrote:Holiday wreath (regifted) is saying it's not yet implemented when I try to use it.

Probably still working on it, but wanted to report it just in case.
fruitcake (regifted) also has:

You're trying to use an item that probably hasn't been implemented yet. Really sorry about that.

Edit: corrected, feel free to remove post
Last edited by Muhandes on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Another minor "bug". Usually damage is in bold. But when you use a fruitcake you get "...At least you found a use for it. 56 damage worth of use." without any bolding.

Edit: This was ninja corrected. Feel free to remove this post.
Last edited by Muhandes on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

OJ mentioned this, and I've verified: the Sell Things interface in IE is borked.

Instead of listing items, it only shows the quantity, in alphabetical order in the menu thing.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Working fine on IE6. (Yes, my company's software people are so lazy they haven't upgraded us for years.)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Sell page should be fixed now.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

ever since the new rest page was implemented, resting in the Dank and Rusty Maze does not kick you out.

Edit: addressed, please remove
Last edited by Muhandes on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

In the "Barge Lox" adventure, if you leave the password field empty and click "Enter the Password" you get: "You seem to be someplace you shouldn't be." Instead of the regular "You Have Posen Chorely".

(did I mention it was minor?)
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

There is an old bug regarding soul gazing, which I just verified. When an opponent is resistant to physical damage the message is "You sense that your opponent will not be susceptible to" without specifying what type of damage.

Edit: removed another issue which was fixed
Last edited by Muhandes on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Lol, so lazy, Ryme >.>
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Might not be a bug (I'm still kicking myself for it) but if an *ouch item is put into Storage empty and then pulled out after rollover, it is still empty.

If not, let everyone learn from my mistake.
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Not sure how serious this is, but every now and then the frame that holds the char info (name, HP, PP, etc) shows nothing but the script and not the information. Sometimes more than 2ce a night. It DOES reset once another link is clicked though, such as continued combat or returning to the area last patrolled or even to inventory or whatever.
Just thought I'd make this known, in case it's not.
8)
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It is intentional, so that people can display the stage that they want. If you want to use it, use it. If you want it kept as-is permanently on display, put it in the display.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

AldenteVonTino wrote:Not sure how serious this is, but every now and then the frame that holds the char info (name, HP, PP, etc) shows nothing but the script and not the information.
Never seen this myself. Are you running any scripts or greasemonkey business?
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

It's never done that for me.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Nope, have yet to dl GM or any scripts.
It's not EVERY time I log in, either. Seems intermittent.
:?:
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Doc Igor wrote: On the bug notes: it's minor, as it isn't actually using up time, but turn length (for me at least) is displaying as 4.25min even though it should (and does) only take 4min/turn
Obviously, if it were the other way around, I'd be far less inclined to consider it minor, but it was disturbing.
I think this is part of my "fix" today ... broke how the game estimates the turnlength ahead of time. Did not break how the fight script actually does the accounting.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Time display and accounting should be fixed.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Since we're talking about time display. I have 4 min, 20 sec turns about 90% of the time. But the zones always show 4.33 minutes. Is that because it's displaying a fraction rather than the seconds after the minutes?
zillow

Post by zillow »

There was system message in chat a few hours ago when Ryme made the fix of sidekicks and it said you might need to change your sidekick to make them work correctly.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Why are turn lengths displayed in decimal form, though. Maybe it's easier to code, but it seems like it would be more confusing to anyone looking to see how long an adventure is going to take.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I just left turn lengths in their native format, and this is the first time in three years anyone has asked about it.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Doc Igor wrote: edit: unequipping my xent gear raised turn length to 4.5 min... changing sidekick from race car driver to something else didn't affect anything... but when I changed back to the race car driver and re-equipped the xent gear, turn length dropped to where it was supposed to be. Odd.
Unless you say otherwise, I'm going to assume that this is related to the other bug, and that changing away and back once was all that's required to make this right.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Ryme wrote:I just left turn lengths in their native format, and this is the first time in three years anyone has asked about it.
That's because I'm picky. But not demanding! I did wait 2 years to mention it.
Satan

Post by Satan »

It is slightly inconvenient to have to remember what odd decimals times 60 are. Sure, .33 is simple, but I always forget the others and have to multiply. I don't think anyone could complain if it was changed to seconds since the decimal part isn't useful except after multiplied by 60 to get the seconds, and it's one less step for anyone who's looking for the number of seconds. That said, it's not really /necessary/ to change it to seconds, either. Just a minor inconvenience without it.
zillow

Post by zillow »

I had my furnace of yeb equipped and in order to test something I unequipped the furnace and was fighting and the attack button still said 'Attack with your Furnace of Yeb'
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Yes, for some reason, fighting without a weapon treats things as if you had whatever was last equipped. Not sure if you get the bonuses or not.

Might be fixable by making "unarmed" a class of weapon.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

On the Recyclonizer tab of the Hideout, there's no access to the storage area.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Fly Die0 wrote:If adventuring in "The Skies Above Downtown", catalysis and decryption results do not appear.
I assume that black box IOUs don't either.

Sorry, must be mistaken.

OK, I think I have isolated the problem. If both catalysis and decryption end on the same turn, the usual
images and footnotes do not appear. Currently only tested in "The Skies Above Downtown".
I reported a bug about catalysis and IOU ending on the same time resulting in awkward text, this might be related.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Having a negative total of elemental resistance puts your resistance at -X%, instead of 0. May not be a bug if you already calculate it so that negative resistance increases the damage done.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I'll have to check that one, but I *think* that -20% fire resistance would indeed cause you to take 20% more damage.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I think this was raised before, bone flute, spiral horn and summoning cube cannot be recyclonized.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Yeah, it's been discussed. I can't remember the rationale now, but I'm 100% sure there was a reason we decided that initially. I don't remember the reason now, but I know there was one.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I'd think it's because you can summon them. But considering you can only summon 3 a day, I hardly think it's game-breaking. And summoning isn't the /only/ source.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I'm pretty sure this is not intended.

Summoning cone is level 15, I suppose since the XP boost from Yith is overpowered at low levels. However, sidekicks are not removed on transmog, so you could theoretically get one before transmog, then keep it for level 1. I suppose it will get you to level 5 or so almost instantly.

Haven't tested it myself since I was level 12 when I re-transmoged, but I checked and other sidekicks are not removed.