Greasemonkey

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Carygon Nijax

Re: Greasemonkey

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Doc: After having the issue with the HP/PP script and installing the one you posted right above me, the adventure script stopped functioning
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Satan

Post by Satan »

Currently, if you have the most recent version of the script, turning off the hp/pp bar script will make it work. Although, I have experienced problems with attack strategies occasionally, but if you're just using one item or attacking only, should work fine.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

First, good idea on the MD script. I like it very much.

Second, can you elaborate on the difference between the 2.1 and 3.0 versions of the a-a script? Does any of them require anything else installed now? Your script page isn't clear about it.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

So... anybody wanna write up a tabbed chat script?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Pretty much, yeah. I don't have a link handy, but there was one written for KoL that actually works pretty well, even though I'm sure it's stupidly complicated.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Satan

Post by Satan »

I suppose you could put radios to choose slot 1 or 2, and do a remote grab for the item names to display next to the boxes?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

That sounds like a very bad sort of script to run, if it takes that long, it's probably hammering on the server pretty hard most of the time. Not sure that's the most healthy approach.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:That sounds like a very bad sort of script to run, if it takes that long, it's probably hammering on the server pretty hard most of the time. Not sure that's the most healthy approach.
I know that I am not going to run this script since it would hit the server 600 times in a row. And then I'll have to take the items out, another 600.
A much healthier approach might be to implement it with a single server hit which would store everything/take everything out. That is, if anyone is interested in this functionality.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Actually, it'd still be a huge hit to the database. Less on the server itself because you're only making one request, but the database gets bashed either way.
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

ok so i recently got my lazy ass to start using GM
(wow that sounds so wierd, there's a word for what i just did there, oxymoron?)

anyway my question is
where are you PUTTING all these scripts and where do i GET them

also for some reason the AA script doesnt work for me anymore. it did two days ago, but now it just runs a single action and stops
=D
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

the SUPERnaturalist wrote:ok so i recently got my lazy ass to start using GM
(wow that sounds so wierd, there's a word for what i just did there, oxymoron?)

anyway my question is
where are you PUTTING all these scripts and where do i GET them

also for some reason the AA script doesnt work for me anymore. it did two days ago, but now it just runs a single action and stops
Each developer of scripts puts them where they choose. Some have their own site, some use http://userscripts.org/.
You get them from the place the developer points you to. There is a list maintained at the wiki which includes the locations of scripts.

As for AA not working, you will have to be more specific. What version are you using? What are the symptoms?
Satan

Post by Satan »

This isn't technically a bug, but I didn't expect it, and I figure it's unwanted. I needed to use two items before my normal routine on one of the S7G robots, so I used them, then clicked to use my normal strategy. Instead of 3 TNT, deck, clamp, letter, it went 1 TNT, deck, clamp, letter. And I didn't hit stop fast enough to keep the thing from killing me >.> The round count increments because the page reloads whether the script does something or you do it manually, and it gets the action from that number. A quick-hack solution would be to just set the round count to zero when you click to use a strategy, but I'm not sure if there's anything that could mess up.
the SUPERnaturalist

ok so current symptoms showing are:

AA chooses to skip noncombats, but stops during combat after making a single move
i have full hp/pp and nothing's wrong with that

and it's working every OTHER day somehow, which is amazingly funky.
i'm thinking it's less of a script issue than probably my computer having funky registry values or something, because facebook recently started to freeze on me and also my computer's making funny sounds.. :\
=D
bazfum

Post by bazfum »

the SUPERnaturalist wrote:ok so current symptoms showing are:

AA chooses to skip noncombats, but stops during combat after making a single move
i have full hp/pp and nothing's wrong with that

and it's working every OTHER day somehow, which is amazingly funky.
i'm thinking it's less of a script issue than probably my computer having funky registry values or something, because facebook recently started to freeze on me and also my computer's making funny sounds.. :\
That sounds like a hardware issue, I'd make sure your fan is spinning properly. Might want to run some memory tests too.
foo(bar(baz(fum())));
the SUPERnaturalist

ok yea so i have a 1.5TB harddrive that wasnt plugged in properly <_<
=D
Satan

Post by Satan »

That's odd. I can't see why it'd only do that the first time... Unless, when it tries to replace the number, it hasn't stored 40 yet... So it defaults to 0, but, maybe heather has it concatenation instead of replacing? I have no idea why, but :/ Not updating yet because I'm lazy.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

How do we change the color on the HP/PP Status script? The black numbers and border don't work very well at all with a black background.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I've added a script to the wiki that removes the run away button, to prevent you from accidentally running from a battle. You can find it here: http://www.soulraver.net/running_is_for_wimps.user.js. I've tested it with a pretty recent (not newest) version of the A-A script v3, and there was no conflict. It shouldn't interfere with A-A v2 or any future A-A v3 updates, either, as far as I can tell.
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

I think it's time to move to a new GreaseMonkey thread on the forums - relink all the active scripts into the first post and move on from there.

At this point - the active vs. non-active scripts in this thread are more than most of the members can dig through and understand.
==
insert clever .sig file here
==