Minor bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Satan

Re: Minor bugs

Post by Satan »

I assumed I was implying it was the intended side effect of -foe toughness. It makes sense. You're fighting a weaker enemy, so you should get less xp. The only reason you don't if it's activated mid-fight is because ryme's too lazy to recalculate it/parts of the fight were fought at different levels, so he just keeps the starting value.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Setting aside the inability of people to understand the word "intended" for a moment...

Is the mask of Odysseus's initiative override set to interact properly with scaling monsters? I have never had it kick in while adventuring in S7G. I realize that RNG is a factor, but when I lose initiative 6 times in a row and it never triggers, that makes me curious, especially considering its supposed rate of fire.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Satan

Post by Satan »

You should learn to phrase your questions better. If you were indeed meaning to ask 'Is -foe toughness supposed to be on the vambraces?'. Instead of is that the intended side-effect, without specifying the subject (and then adding stuff to make me think you're talking about foe toughness with the KoL comment). That aside, I'm pretty sure that's what Ryme meant it to be.

As for the second subject, I'm pretty sure it's already been reported by Muhandes and confirmed by Ryme that it would not interact with scaling monsters. I don't recall if he said he was going to fix it.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Yes, foe toughness modifiers on equipment work as intended, just as Zillow noted in the beginning. It's on record in at least a couple of places, pretty sure in at least one forum thread. Things that are in effect at the start of the fight adjust both toughness and XP. Things used later (in most cases) just affect toughness but not XP. There may be an exception to the latter -- one of the throwing stars, maybe?

Mask and initiative: unintentional. Scaling foes don't use the same general code as non-scaling, and I keep forgetting to update the multitude of scaling foes to adapt to the mask's effect (and, probably, to the fight club?)
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Mask and initiative: unintentional. Scaling foes don't use the same general code as non-scaling, and I keep forgetting to update the multitude of scaling foes to adapt to the mask's effect (and, probably, to the fight club?)
Just to make this clear to me, this is a bug, and supposedly will be corrected one day, correct?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It's an unintentional omission that I keep forgetting to de-omit. May be semantics, but I don't call that a bug, really. Odds of it getting fixed someday are good.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Hmmm. You were able to adventure at the porcelain bay as a psion without the harbor pearl/rental equipment? Definitely a bug.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

His main is several months old. I'm assuming he has an alt that is an Elemental and went to the Bay, and he didn't realize it was part of that class to breathe underwater without the pearl.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Found out today that transmogrifying was removing the Nostronomically Hardened skill. It should not have been doing that.

If you once had the skill and have lost it due to transmogrifying, please post here, and when I get a couple of days worth of IDs I'll do a batch reinstatement.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I'm pretty sure you can find out by querying quest data (search for those who've gone that far in the quest) and joining it with the skill's obtained table (search for people who don't have the skill), then just run through those accounts and give them back the skill.
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Has my character been looked at yet regarding my talisman?
Just curious...
:?:
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

The starting talisman problem was found and fixed by Ryme a week or so ago. It happened on so many accounts, though, that I don't know if he has a quick way to give the correct talismans. Or if he plans to. Most people don't keep that talisman equipped for more than a few days, anyway.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Yeah. The problem will be fixed when you transmog, or (depending on how Ryme does it) when retconscension rolls out, so he'll probably allow you to be broken until then.
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

So it was written, so it shall be done.
8)
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Critical messages on ranged weapons don't have special text for when just hit once. This gives rise to the following sentence:

Buddy, you annihilated your opponent. And not just once, but 1 times for a jaw dropping 40 damage.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Shoot, missed that. Critical hits aren't supposed to reference the number of times, because they're not quite calculated like that.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Not so much a bug, but a "is this intentional?" Time spent in the VR center doesn't seem to count for the pre-vandalism radio.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Things that are in effect at the start of the fight adjust both toughness and XP. Things used later (in most cases) just affect toughness but not XP. There may be an exception to the latter -- one of the throwing stars, maybe?
Indeed Red Dwarf is an exception and it does adjust XP. Is it the only exception? I'm asking mainly so I know if I should report other incidents if I ever find any.
Also, Red Dwarf works on scaling foes, and it is "common knowledge" that foe toughness does not affect scaling foes. Is the "common knowlege" wrong, or is it again a single exception? And if so is it intentional?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Muhandes wrote: Indeed Red Dwarf is an exception and it does adjust XP. Is it the only exception? I'm asking mainly so I know if I should report other incidents if I ever find any.
I don't know. I think so, but I'm not sure.

Muhandes wrote: it is "common knowledge" that foe toughness does not affect scaling foes.
That's not right. Foe toughness measures at the start of a fight don't affect foes. Anything applied in combat would affect them just like anyone else. In other words, the scaling overrides normal initial calculations, but once the foe numbers are set, all subsequent changes apply normally.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:
Muhandes wrote: it is "common knowledge" that foe toughness does not affect scaling foes.
That's not right. Foe toughness measures at the start of a fight don't affect foes. Anything applied in combat would affect them just like anyone else. In other words, the scaling overrides normal initial calculations, but once the foe numbers are set, all subsequent changes apply normally.
Thanks for the clarification.
zillow

Post by zillow »

I had a last adventure in the insanity and I went to the cube theater and my first adventure I got one of the wandering foes and it registered as in the insanity even though I went to the cube.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

zillow wrote:I had a last adventure in the insanity and I went to the cube theater and my first adventure I got one of the wandering foes and it registered as in the insanity even though I went to the cube.
You didn't actually make it to the cube. You got accosted on the way there. That's not just narrative, I don't have a way to do wandering villains and also track your "I want to go somewhere else" at the same time, so that is one consequence of the addition.

For what it's worth, other similar interruptions (April fools, for instance) do the exact same thing, and all of them like this probably always will.

For the same reason, the voodoo doll also does this. You repeat the fight and don't actually go to a new zone, even if you click somewhere else.
Satan

Post by Satan »

(Err, you totally have a way to do that, when you click the zone it sends the zone id, right? Just check it before you do the wandering villain thing.)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Sure, I'm just lying about it because I'm lazy. :roll:
Satan

Post by Satan »

Well no. I'm just saying. Based on the fundamental workings of php and the $_GET super variable, if they click that page and send that value, it should be available to you anywhere on that page.

On an unrelated note, one of the wandering villain items shows up as 0 units on recycler, so I assume several of them do (I only have 1).
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Yeah, it's true, there are ways I can work around it. But the wandering villain "location" gets triggered and overrides the clicked location. Yes, I can pass it over to some other variable, and then I can build some sort of functionality to replace what normally occurs on all the other pages. It's not a single number, though, it's a whole bunch of stuff. Adventure again link. Link for the parent location. Thing that's saved so that it remembers where you last were when you log in. A couple of other things, I think. So I *can* put all that together eventually but it's not anywhere near as simple as you seem to be implying.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Maybe it was intended....but after the SQUID disk change of not needing to wear the players, I'm now able to use the SQUID disks at level 1.

Also, Heather...Toa of the Dow is 10xp/level, but Coping With Failure (the only other one I have) gave me a full 107xp at level 1.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I think the combat texts might have broken the Fighting Club's special attacks.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Harry Dresden wrote:Maybe it was intended....but after the SQUID disk change of not needing to wear the players, I'm now able to use the SQUID disks at level 1.

Also, Heather...Toa of the Dow is 10xp/level, but Coping With Failure (the only other one I have) gave me a full 107xp at level 1.
I don't know if it was intentional either.

However, coping with Failure was never level dependent. Tao of the Dow was.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Ryme fixed the SQUID disk thing. The disks themselves now have level requirements.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Getting a villain in the Dank and Rusty maze kicks you out of the maze with "??Where Am I??"

Edit: removed bug which was fixed
Last edited by Muhandes on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Just realized that I lost the Precompletion Pro skill when I transmogrified a few days ago.

Also, still don't have Nostronomically Hardened back from when it was lost after a transmog.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I noticed this on "Big Earl", but I'm pretty sure he isn't the only one.

The hit messages says: Earl lights a cigar, takes a few puffs, and then puts it out on your arm. (fire) He hits you for 38 damage.

I think it was marked to do fire damage, but it does regular damage.

Edit: corrected, please remove
Last edited by Muhandes on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

The image for Raskolnikov's fur hat has a thin border on 3 sides

Edit: corrected, please remove
Last edited by Muhandes on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Race car driver sidekick now responds to things that improve the usefulness of sidekicks.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Race car driver sidekick now responds to things that improve the usefulness of sidekicks.
Good move, thank you.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Holiday wreath (regifted) is saying it's not yet implemented when I try to use it.

Probably still working on it, but wanted to report it just in case.