Mask of Odysseus

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Jesus

Mask of Odysseus

Post by Jesus »

A mask of a dude? Kind of Mike Myers. But hey, his series is called Halloween.

Why is it an accessory though? For one thing, we've got the Pallid Mask, which is a helmet... and then there's the item's description, which clearly shows that it's meant to be worn on the face...
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Mask of Odysseus

Post by Ryme »

Masks are mostly accessories, and can be worn over helmets. The pallid mask was a bit of an oversight.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Ah. I was thinking it was just a game balance thing, since the Mask of Odysseus would outclass the Foxy Sombrero Mask (if they filled the same slot, that is).

Checking the wiki, there are quite a few mask-helmets (Catcher's, Foxy, Gas, Pallid, and Scuba). The only accessory-mask is the Racoon mask... although there are goggles/binoculars/a couple of pairs of glasses. But the trend seems to be that if it covers most of the face, it's a helmet-mask, while the accessory-masks just cover the eye area.

Not to bust your chops or split hairs or anything :D
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Well, Pallid Mask is also a helmet because I had enough Accessories, and there weren't many helmets in the source material. And I liked it that way, dammit.

Foxy Mask has an attached hat (Foxy Sombrero Mask), so it only makes sense that it's a hat slot. You could argue a Catcher's Mask likewise comes with a baseball cap, hence it being a hat (after all, the Fishnet Stockings have a skirt attached). As for the SCUBA mask, well... who wears a hat with a SCUBA mask? Also, that trio already had an accessory.

Huh. "scuba mask" really should be SCUBA, by the way... (Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus), if only because I prefer my acronyms to stay that way. Hmph.

Of course, this being an accessory did let me run around wearing two full-face masks. I should have removed the Judo gloves and put on a Raccoon Mask, just to be sillier. I think I'll go do that.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Just saying, that particular oversight seems to happen pretty often... Justifications aside...
Cristiona wrote:Of course, this being an accessory did let me run around wearing two full-face masks. I should have removed the Judo gloves and put on a Raccoon Mask, just to be sillier. I think I'll go do that.
I'm picturing the Pallid on top of your head (since it's the helmet), Odysseus on your face... but I can't decide if it's funnier to imagine the Raccoon Mask as being under (giving you the "Batman" effect of having darkness around the eyeholes) or over (WTF? She's got a disguise on her mask?) the Odysseus...
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Actually, I was thinking one mask on front, one on the back of my head. You know, to scare away predators. I also pictured the raccoon mask under the others. Maybe I could use it as a chin-strap. Maybe my character has a toothache.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

And yeah, this is a game balance thing, too. I try to have a decent item-find accessory once per year (Hero's Cape, Wolley's Index) and this is the next in that line. Wolley's was widely considered a little boring when it came out, so this one has a little less item find and a little more other stuff as flavor, but it's meant to fit that niche for players who can't afford a cape, say.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

The Money Vacuum

This month, Ryme isn't even trying. Just fork over some cash, `kay?

Transportation
Range: ∞
Item cannot be auto-sold

Grants wearer ability to fly
-30 Seconds to the duration of each turn
+50% item drops
+50% chips
:lol:
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Whoa--I'd buy it! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

I'd buy 5!
Satan

Post by Satan »

Even though you could only make use of one of them? Well, besides trading purposes :p
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

Cristiona wrote:
The Money Vacuum

This month, Ryme isn't even trying. Just fork over some cash, `kay?

Transportation
Range: ∞
Item cannot be auto-sold

Grants wearer ability to fly
-30 Seconds to the duration of each turn
+50% item drops
+50% chips
:lol:
^i'm not done laughing yet.
=D