Drowning In The Buff Pool

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Satan

Re: Drowning In The Buff Pool

Post by Satan »

I maintain the 4 auras (but not the new dual aura for + or - combat) and biofeedback. Currently, I have 461k minutes in all 5 (each gives 30 minutes per cast at the moment). The auras are 4 PP for vim, 8 PP for mystery, 12 PP for vigor, 16 PP for keen observation, and biofeedback is 10 PP. I don't plan to stop. And I'm not sure what your second question is asking.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Eh. I personally think that IotM's contribute alot more. All of my PP regen comes from IotM's unless someone used a lost item on me. Afterall, the Trident can only be used at really late levels, so in general, it will never be unbalancing to the game. The IotM's, on the other hand, can be used whenever (short of a hardcore mode, if there is one, but again, I doubt you'd go to those late levels in hardcore). Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the trident doesn't necessarily increase your PP gain rate. It allows you to do more damage than the other PP regen weapons, so you can kill enemies easier, but as far as I know, the overall amount gained from each is the same. At late levels and with decent equipment, it usually doesn't matter if you're using a weaker weapon, unless you're in one of the later clock zones.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Considering any long-term plan includes being able to reset yourself in the game, and any such reset will necessarily strip buffs from the player, I don't see how long durations are a concern. If level 2 players were able to buff themselves with thousands of minutes of buffs, I would worry, but high level players being able to do lots of buffs isn't very troubling.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"