Voting sites and peak hours

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Harry Dresden

Re: Voting sites and peak hours

Post by Harry Dresden »

Uhhh.....don't log on right after rollover when everyone else is so impatient. I almost always play my turns the next morning, so I never have a problem with the post-rollover lag should it occur.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Currently, that's not a problem here and won't be for awhile. Also, if you're referring to KoL, the lag's only minor and in general disappears within the first few minutes. My solution to even prevent that, actually, is not kick you off at rollover all, reducing the need to relogin, but just having it replace your session and keep you from doing stuff while rollover was occurring. Simply clicking a link anywhere after rollover was finished would get you back up to date and set everything back to how it should be. Of course, it'd take alot of re-working for the code base, I'm sure. My own site, Soul Raver, already has this partially implemented in that you'll be told rollover occurs, but you aren't kicked off until you go somewhere other than chat. Which means chat can work during/after rollover, with a miniscule amount of time where stuff is done to the chat tables where it's locked. Not a big deal, though. The next step would simply be making it re-do your session values instead of kicking you off, then refreshing the frames.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Lag is only bad on T.H., when there's something new that is BIG!
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"