I think the site's email is broken

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

I think the site's email is broken

Post by Ryme »

Sometime this morning I stopped receiving bug reports and messages from the forums when people sign up. Both of these are automated email senders, so I'm not quite sure what's going on, but right now it acts like email is being sent but it isn't. I'm looking into this.

I think something like this happened to KoL once, and I wish I could remember what the problem was.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Could it be a side effect of the server getting hammered? The daemon (do they still use these?) might be lagging out and not trying again.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I dunno. Could be, though that sounds fishy because it's not just some email, it's EVERY email since about 9 a.m. that was generated by a form. (Donation confirmations from PayPal and regular email work just fine.) I sent in a support request. And as mentioned elsewhere I'm looking at more/better servers to see if that helps.

Also:

Cristiona - #24

Do we have enough players that I can be elitist about a two digit number?
Yes. Absolutely. As of today you're elite all right.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Good news and bad news. The good news is a whole ton of yesterday's email came through sometime last night, meaning it wasn't lost, just slowed down. So I will get bug reports and forum subscriptions eventually.

The bad news is those things are all likely to be pretty slow to arrive for the next few days, assuming things stay busy. It's unfortunate, but probably acceptable--I'm just going to be slow to respond to things for a while.