July's Item of the Month

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Strlikecrazy

July's Item of the Month

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Thoughts? I like it alot. The -seconds means i can get a useful pair of gloves on instead of xentrium gloves, amongst other things.
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Satan

Re: July's Item of the Month

Post by Satan »

I like it, though I have to not use the technicolor pants, so it's really only useful if I need constant HP or PP. Currently, since I'm in a zone where I can get hit for 100-300 damage, I use gear 2 for the HP. But I suppose if I was in any other zone, I'd just put back on the technicolor pants, since I don't particularly need either HP or PP constantly at level 98 with my equips and stats :p
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Joining the choir.
I actually liked first the idea of a multi-speed shorts, it's neat.
As for usability, the pants slot is a bit underutilized, so that's exactly where I would have liked a -15sec, and the PP regen is very nice too.
The level progression is also well done. On low levels there aren't many turn length reducers, in fact only the letter shirt and the suits (foxy, VHF). +XP would be useful exactly on those low levels.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Now with the pants-equivalent of the letter shirt, I got minimum turn duration with two equipment slots. Very cool.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

For me, the 2nd gear works best. I get so much PP anyway, the HP - like with Satan - proves useful against big hitting foes! And like i said in my first post, the -second duration means the -5 from the Xent gloves is useless. Means a better pair of gloves, which is a win!
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Satan

Post by Satan »

Well, I also maintain buffs. It's also a hassle to have to go heal, instead of just healing naturally over turns.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

We don't have a Smoot over here any more, so I'll take his place for a bit. My treat for all of you.

This item is hideously under powered. Why would I pay even 1 star for something to useless?

*Harry Dresden fully supports and enjoys the new items of the month. Is even thinking of buying a third for his primary alt.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Harry Dresden wrote:We don't have a Smoot over here any more, so I'll take his place for a bit. My treat for all of you
Oh, dear God, I don't miss that guy.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"