High-level content coming soon-ish?

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

High-level content coming soon-ish?

Post by Ryme »

I've been hesitant to bring this up too early, but I do want to give intermittent players and transmoggers a bit of warning, in case you're interested. Sometime in May we'll be coming out with content geared to high-level characters. I wouldn't call it expansive, but there will be a handful of zones at varying levels (no catchphrases! please!), starting as low as 30-ish and going up to 70-ish. This is all "optional" material as far as ascension/retcon will be concerned, but I figure right now before retcon is implemented is when we've got the greatest proportion of high-level players, and I wanted to throw some challenging fights and some powerful collectible gear your way while so many players are up there.

Sorry I can't be very definite about the release date at this point, but I wanted to give everyone a week or two or three in warning in case they'd want to level up a bit in anticipation. On the other hand, if transmogging is your thing, most of the high-level content won't be applicable to the quest-centric levels (up to 10 or 15 or wherever it ends up), so don't feel compelled to break from your routine if you're having fun. This stuff will be around for a while.
zillow

Re: High-level content coming soon-ish?

Post by zillow »

I am excited!
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

irk! must speedlevel!
=D
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Hmmm...guess I'll put of the transmogging for a while. Glad the heads up didn't come a week later. :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with Ryme. Is Cris working on the writing again for some of this?
the SUPERnaturalist

it's gonna be so uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuber....

/twitch in excitement

/prolongs suicide (<- jk)
=D
the SUPERnaturalist

Ryme wrote:I've been hesitant to bring this up too early, but I do want to give intermittent players and transmoggers a bit of warning, in case you're interested. Sometime in May we'll be coming out with content geared to high-level characters. I wouldn't call it expansive, but there will be a handful of zones at varying levels (no catchphrases! please!), starting as low as 30-ish and going up to 70-ish. This is all "optional" material as far as ascension/retcon will be concerned, but I figure right now before retcon is implemented is when we've got the greatest proportion of high-level players, and I wanted to throw some challenging fights and some powerful collectible gear your way while so many players are up there.

Sorry I can't be very definite about the release date at this point, but I wanted to give everyone a week or two or three in warning in case they'd want to level up a bit in anticipation. On the other hand, if transmogging is your thing, most of the high-level content won't be applicable to the quest-centric levels (up to 10 or 15 or wherever it ends up), so don't feel compelled to break from your routine if you're having fun. This stuff will be around for a while.
OMG! that means more than 2! maybe even 3!
>spasgasm<
=D
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

It really depends on whose hands we're talking about, and how big the things being held are, doesn't it?
A handful of basketballs is only 1.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Satan

Post by Satan »

You must have small hands. Everyone else can hold /3/ basketballs! >.>
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

I'm all jazzed because I'm level 70-ish.

More with the -ish, because now I'm motivated to get the logos rather than just sit on the levels.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Great news, really looking forward to it.
darkzumi

Post by darkzumi »

Awesome, Ryme! I can't wait for it!!!
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Awesome news! Now have a purpose and a reason not to go back to transmogging! :D
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

Yay, so looking forward to it! :)
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Ryme wrote:... I wanted to throw some ... powerful collectible gear your way ...
Oooooh, better than IotM gear? Hahaha! In my dreams.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

That's really stupid to say, considering Cris tested it.

I don't think he's saying that it's only 30-70, but rather, it's better to be in that range for these quests.

Not to mention that powerlevellers DON'T make up the majority of the playerbase, I'm quite sure.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I think the level 70-ish should be decently hard even for us that are 'up there', and remember, there are epic items to be had from the zones, so it's not a complete waste.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Kirbytheslayer wrote:Figures.
You'll give Quests to the low-level players, and the players levels 30-70, but you forget about us high-level players.
What're we supposed to do if we're level 95+?
Go ahead and do the high-but-not-quite-your-level-of-highness stuff. The things there still ought to be beneficial to you. At least one of the zones ought to remain a challenge.

Also, just so you know, there was some push for things to go even higher, but when I checked the stats there weren't all that many people even at level 70. At the time we first checked there were all of 4 people over level 100, and maybe 2% of the players had enough XP to hit level 70. I don't mind developing stuff that will appeal to niche players, but there's "niche" (a couple percent, and several percent more that can get there once they have a reason) and there's "niche" (all ten of you now).

I can't tell you how much I appreciate players dedicated enough to play to level 100 or anywhere close, but developing for that level is developing at the expense of everyone else, which is nearly every player of the game.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Kirbytheslayer wrote:You'll give Quests to the low-level players, and the players levels 30-70, but you forget about us high-level players.
Don't underestimate how things swing at high levels. Remember: the castle is level 15, but level 50 characters can still get rocked there. I wager a level 100 character could still get their ass kicked in a level 70 zone.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Kirbytheslayer wrote:What're we supposed to do if we're level 95+?
Be on a leaderboard, of course.

Or two, in your case (:
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Heh. I finally transmogrified two weeks ago. I'm still level 11. I was 73 before.

Oh well. I'll get there eventually.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

The question is, should I powerlevel to get back onto the leaderboard in time for the high end content? >.>
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

If you really want to gun for the glorious XP board that everyone admires and praises, then sure.

Otherwise, I find no point.