Minor interface tweak requests

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Whuknose wrote:Maybe a delete-all button for my inbox, as it takes 2 minutes to load.
Or a delete system like KoL's.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I'm guessing this should go here...

Krakatoa Punch is a PP restorer, but is marked as consumable and linked under edible. As opposed to being usable and under instant like, say, Sky Water.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Can we have the option to put some text at the top of our momento displays?
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Perhaps giving a reason why quest items can't be put in there would help ward off some questions.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

MagiNinjA wrote:Perhaps giving a reason why quest items can't be put in there would help ward off some questions.
Well, other than that one item, almost everything else is either part of a quest or (such as the starting talismans) fundamental to a game mechanic (transmogrification). Not much to explain, really.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

TheK3vin wrote:Can we have the option to put some text at the top of our momento displays?
Further upgrades will come about eventually; Ryme just wanted to get the basics in first. And, frankly, things like text and shelves are minor compared to setting up the base system.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Currently,

"/whois cristiona" returns "Cristiona (# 24) is a level 120 Gadgeteer Hero"

How about changing it to:

"Cristiona (# 24) is a level 120 Virtuous Gadgeteer Hero"?
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I know it would be hard to code, but I think if you let us listen to the opposite channel we would actually see some use of the newbie channel. All of the long-time players would be able to answer any questions via PM, which would leave less newbies wondering why the chat is so empty.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

TheK3vin wrote:I know it would be hard to code, but I think if you let us listen to the opposite channel we would actually see some use of the newbie channel. All of the long-time players would be able to answer any questions via PM, which would leave less newbies wondering why the chat is so empty.
I agree 100%. I've had someone working on chat revisions for a while, but they've kind of gotten bogged down. I very much intend to have /listen capabilities as soon as someone reliably figures out how.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

There aren't enough options in the character sex setting. Please also allow "Man in woman's body," "Woman in man's body," "Woman in cat's body," and "Yes please."
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Bah. That's what the quotes section is for, to correct all of my oversights, of which there are many.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Is it possible to put the things on the bottom to the top? Like the Next, previous, send message and other kinds of buttons? I'm not sure about PvP, seeing as how that takes an adventure. But nonetheless, yes, buttons on top so there's no need to scroll.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

So-and-so has buffed you with Yadda-yadda (added for blah-blah minutes)
How about making the name of the person who buffed you clickable to take you to their character sheet?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Probably not possible, but it would be neat if the roller blades had a range of 1 in addition to being boots.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

Re: PvP
Some way to see people of certain ranks? Right now I have to refresh the page until I see high enough people on the list. Maybe the list could show people of similar rank?

Also, a link to duel the person again after finishing a fight?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Both very good suggestions, and things I'd been meaning to do anyway. You'll also have a leaderboard in a few days to pick up likely targets.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

It'd be good for new players if the stats' names on the left pane were links to their respective manual entries.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I think it's getting to that point where we need a categorized inventory with collapsible sections.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Can we have 0 as a possible age option? Right now, TH just sets the field to hidden if it's 0.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It's intentionally reserved that way as a starting value for anyone who doesn't want to show their actual age, and thus should stay hidden.

I know people like to make jokes there, but I'm not gonna rearrange a perfectly good feature for a pretty lame joke.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Well...empty field is hidden, so...
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Can we have images for Assemble Things and Weld Things? Things look sort of off when the Recyclonizer is on.
MagiNinjA

Re: Minor interface tweak requests

Post by MagiNinjA »

Last Adventure working for the Mines when logging in/out and save the status of which entry of the Journal was seen in the session.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I'd really love to have my turn length displayed on the char pane. Maybe something line total time / turn length = estimated turns.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Multi-use on Palooka Joe gum please.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I insist on a "Buy all you can" button on each store...
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

This is petty, but it's really been bugging me as only a pet peeve can.

When you add a URL to your profile, the game automatically appends "http://". This is all well and good, but I wager that A) most people copy/paste the URL, so there's already an "http://" and B) most (all?) modern web browsers will assume hypertext transfer protocol if nothing is listed, making the "http://" superfluous anyway. Generally, all this does is malform URLs, giving bad addresses such as "http://http//th.blandsauce.com/wiki/League_Directory" (the link that inspired this post).

So, um... could we have that automatic "http://" removed?
Satan

Post by Satan »

Actually, I'm sure (somewhat) that it'd regard just posting the part without http:// as a relative link, I.E., trying to find it on the TH server. What Ryme could do, though, is validate the link with a function, or just check to see if it starts with 'https{0,1}://', and if it doesn't, add http:// to it. Simple and somewhat effective. And yes, I recall that what I described above (relative link) happened in ForumWarz profiles when they were first starting, most of the links tried to find stuff on ForumWarz's servers :p
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Satan is right. It does cause problems if the http:// isn't put in, so I consider it mandatory. I also print "http://" right on the account page, to indicate that I'm going to include it already, and that it's not necessary to include it a second time. I could do some error catching to strip it out if you put it in, but I *do* give a visual clue on the page.

I also suppose if you can miss that, that other players can miss the _wait_ link in the journal or the transportation link on the main map.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:I also suppose if you can miss that, that other players can miss the _wait_ link in the journal or the transportation link on the main map.
l2read cris :lol:
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

There's a link from the main page to the forums.. but.. there's no link from the forums tro the main page
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

[Edited after reading another Ryme post regarding "Combat!"]
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

The manual of Egyptian knife fighting doesn't show up in the Sidekicks subsection of misc. items in the AH. Possibly intentional since it's just a sidekick skill rather than an actual sidekick, but it seems like it would be handy to have there.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I believe that The Swift And... also doesn't show up there. One would thus assume that the script is the same.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

By popular demand, the recyclonizer has been upgraded to vend multiple.

And the assemble things page only lists things that are actually assembleable. (Let me know if anything got overlooked and isn't showing up properly. I haven't altered any recipes with this change.)