Gift for PvPers: a naked Hannahmaus

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Hannahmaus

Gift for PvPers: a naked Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

I've decided to take a break from PvP, after many months of diligent PvPing, including a 2-month stint at the top of the leaderboard. As a parting gift to fellow PvPers and the PvP-curious, I've taken off all my gear. For the next week, anyone will be able to beat me, and for the low-ranked that will give you a decent rank promotion as well as some yummy lamda tokens. Have at it! :)
Corrupt Shadow

Re: Gift for PvPers: a naked Hannahmaus

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Man, thought this was going to be something different..... LOL
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Hehe. Yeah, totally not what I was expecting. :P

So you got tired of it? Or what?
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

Not exactly tired of it, but the long climb to the top of the board, then the long lead (over 1000 points clear at one time) were a lot more fun than the gradual fall from grace since.

It was the most time-consuming part of TH for me, and I have exams coming up, so it seemed like a good time to stop for now.

I'm sorry if any of the boys feel disappointed, I had no idea anyone would read the thread title in that way. *blinks innocently* Don't worry, I'm sure if you search carefully enough, it's possible you might find a picture of a naked girl somewhere on the internet.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

It said a "Gift for PvPers". I was totally like "WUT!?". :(

Nice way of clubbing all the guys, I bet. >.>

So are you going to return to the field eventually? After exams? So that you keep climbing and stuff.
Satan

Post by Satan »

You guys are pathetic >.>
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I wouldn't be talking if I were you, Satan. I mean, really.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

MagiNinjA wrote:So are you going to return to the field eventually? After exams? So that you keep climbing and stuff.
Hmm I don't know, I'll definitely be back when it gets the eventual overhaul that's somewhere on Ryme's list, other than that, not unless I get a sudden mad urge. I do get quite a few of those, however. I'm not too worried about falling too far behind in rank, as the lower your rank, the easier it is to gain rank from those you beat.

I've used the same gear and strategy for a long time, which worked fine for quite a while, but now does not, plus there's been a big decline in the number of PvPers over the months. The problem when you're at my rank and find the old gear and tactics don't beat so many as they used to, and that there's fewer possible targets, is this: with most targets, a victory gains you 1 point (or 3 if they're weak enough to be beaten with bonus-points gear), but a defeat loses you 9 points due to the difference in rank. So if the usual gear/strategy fails, and then let's say it takes 3 attempts to find an optimal set of gear and strategy, it's about a fortnight before you break even and start getting a net gain of points from that target. This is assuming you fight them every day, never get unlucky, they don't change gear or strategy, and they don't abandon PvP.

If I was bit spadier I'd do exactly that, but spending more time keeping records than playing would suck the fun out of it for me. Plus I've always considered PvP a light-hearted sideline the game offers, rather than central to the game.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

Yeah TH PvP doesn't have the bitchy aggressive feeling that PvP has in many games. It's more like a hug administered with a bag of marbles.

I dropped 586 in rank in my week of nudity. I hope everyone enjoyed their points and tokens. :)
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Now she's coming back for all of you!
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

Nude but now in private, i.e. no longer PvP-active and attackable.