an update on updates

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

an update on updates

Post by Ryme »

February's been a slow month on the surface, and since I don't have a radio show or many other ways to give much of an ongoing status report, I figured I'd just mention a bit about some upcoming updates. I've been working on a couple (maybe 3-4, depending on how you want to count it) different things lately. Unfortunately, they're all kind of big, and they all keep interfering with each other. Two of the main ones are the level 10 quest, and a level 9 quest expansion, because the Cube theater is pretty simple as it stands. But both of those have some innovations that change the larger game as a whole, so it's been a long string of changes and additions.

I think the level 9 quest revision is going to come out first, and will have bigger implications for gameplay as a whole. I've got at least another week testing and continuing to expand how that's going to work. That one is also touchy because it's no simple matter rearranging a quest without breaking the old one. Also, anyone who has already completed that quest will be able to run through it again to see the changed process, and to get some of the new rewards; you won't be eligible for the final financial reward a second time, though.

After that I'll be spending more time on the level 10 quest. That's easily a couple of weeks more work after level 9, but it'll set up some good narrative points for later quests.

We've also got some higher-level content in the works (higher than space robots, probably will go quite a ways up), but I'm not going to guess when that's likely to show up.

Anyway, that's the news for now. I'd been feeling unhappy that I haven't had many visible indicators of the work I've been doing lately, and wanted to give the curious something to look forward to.
MagiNinjA

Re: an update on updates

Post by MagiNinjA »

Yay.
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

suggestion: make this sticky and update it?
=D
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Yay for new things!
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

It's good to know something is afoot.

Personally I prefer to also see something new, even if it is little (a new item), every now and then, but I understand the difficulty, and I appreciate the hard work.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Brilliant news - love new quests! Cheers Ryme.
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!