COWS - Coalition of Wiki'ers and Spaders

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

COWS - Coalition of Wiki'ers and Spaders

Post by MagiNinjA »

Happy Halloween, folks, hopefully you aren't on a sugar rush bad enough to make this post jittery, what with Halloween and all this candy to go around! I wish to present an idea to a community, because ideas cannot die, Mr. Creedy...(awesome movie)

Anyways, I think it would be a pretty good idea to form a unified organization solely comprised of spading and updating the wiki. This will require some community members to step it up and take up a post to maximize wiki updating efficiency.

As it is, a couple members of PFE (including me) are admins, and occasionally edit the wiki and give technical support. Val is really the only one who regularly updates the wiki. I'm looking at some of you who've been updating the wiki relatively frequently. You know who you are, so please do speak up. Or I will find you. Yes, scary.

Olaf already has given us a section of his awesome forums for Wiki discussions, so please register at http://forums.blandsauce.com. As for live chat, I think it's best to leave it at Gameplay, and perhaps hope for an anything-goes type channel where spoiling is as breathable as air. If not, there are IRC alternatives that I still need to discuss with Olaf.

Questions? Comments? Pie? I like pie.

EDIT: IRC direct link, provided that your IRC client catches them. irc://irc.synirc.net/blandsauce
Last edited by MagiNinjA on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Uhmmm. I'd like some pie to... can you give me some? but try not to include more than 15 decimals... it will be a pain in the ass if you do that...
Wait... we are speaking of diferent "pi-es"
Top 10 on the Total Post list
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

JazzTap wrote:Er... well, I would be happy to try editing the wiki a bit, but I don't know how to register there. Yeah.
http://th.blandsauce.com/wiki/index.php ... =Main_Page
==
insert clever .sig file here
==
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

I've been meaning/wanting to clean up the choice adventure pages, which are all sorts of inconsistent with one another (in format) and somewhat frustratingly done (whose idea was it to make each sub-choice its own page?). This new forum looks like a good place to coordinate this effort, and make sure I'm not stepping on anyone else's toes.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Ill try to help out.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Good. Head on over to http://forums.blandsauce.com and discuss the Wiki and spading to your heart's content!

I may set up some bounties or whatnot for unspaded things. More on that in those forums.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

I update when I can, but most of the time, people beat me to it.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I've attempted to start using Olaf's forums more. I suppose if there are unspaded and incomplete projects on the wiki, I can redirect you. But otherwise...you can talk to the wiki proficient folks.

Also, Olaf has an open IRC channel for his domain. We can all inva-inhabit his caves.

You can pretty much find all of us active PFE members and invisible people at #blandsauce on the server irc.synirc.net.

If you need help getting on, Wikipedia and Google have fantastic pages about getting onto IRC. It's quite easy, so don't hesitate!
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

As long as you have any kind of IRC client correctly installed, this link will take you there: irc://irc.synirc.net/blandsauce
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I've been adding/updating things I saw were missing.
I'd love to join a coordinated effort into better spading.
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

just making an attempted bump on this topic, since spading seems to be back
=D
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

The channel is still open to anyone (we're starting to pile up, very very slowly) so come and visit. Some of THC is starting to invade Olaf's domain.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

MagiNinjA wrote:Some of THC is starting to invade Olaf's domain.
Sorry, I'm a legitimate establisment. I'll be having none of that, even if you are from Massachusetts.

EDIT: "Massachusets"? Where?
Last edited by Olaf on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Massachusets? I don't know 'er!

Er. Yeah, "Massachusets" doesn't exist. So who are you exactly discriminating against? ;)