class balance

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

class balance

Post by Ryme »

Just wanted to revisit an old subject. With the changes from the last couple of days, I've been attempting to address some class balance issues, particularly with regard to high-level zones. It's been the general consensus that gadgeteers and naturalists have had the worst of it, and I'm hopeful that between tweaking the to-hit formula, adding the top-level naturalist attack, and revamping electric net, this should help even out some of those difficulties.

Still, I don't have the time or energy to play all classes at all levels, so I wanted to solicit a little discussion about your experiences. Let me know if the recent changes seem to help, and which classes are now the "overpowered" ones, and which are the ones getting shafted. Not that I ever really expect to have perfect balance, but I'd like to try to keep it close.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, from a farmer's perspective Psions are extremely. The primary two reasons, among others, are the skills Aura: Keen Observation and Meditation. 25% chip drops and 30 minutes a day? I'm not saying I want this to be addressed, but I guess it should :).
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Hardly, K3v. Just boost the other classes to the level of Psions. Easy.

Also, Naturalists need accuracy in the DDD. I literally only hit on crits and very rarely normally.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Psions will probably still be at the top with Keen Obs. It really won't matter if there is skill perming though.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I wager Meditation will be more breaking than Keen Observation, frankly.

Anyway... to the Delta.

Net seems a little more powerful (20-ish electric damage), and Grenade seems to have gotten a healthy bump (80-ish damage).

Which is odd, since Net now costs more. Of course, I can't see deleveling effects. And I may be a bit higher than you were looking to adjust.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Cristiona wrote: Net seems a little more powerful (20-ish electric damage), and Grenade seems to have gotten a healthy bump (80-ish damage).

Which is odd, since Net now costs more. Of course, I can't see deleveling effects...
Which are pretty significant, and the main reason (I'm hoping) for that particular skill. Also that grenade scales with level, so you're seeing better results than anyone else in the game. For most people, it's still much less effective.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Took myself to the pit, and I'm seeing the difference now. Well, at least between old and new. I hit a lot more frequently after using the Grenade or Net.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Actually, grenade shouldn't be helping you hit, as it weakens foe attacks. Only the net lowers their dodge.