November's Item of the Month

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

November's Item of the Month

Post by Cristiona »

These are... kinda neat. Actually, the judo chops are probably what I'm enjoying the most as I prowl around the Delta. I've had combats where I've lost 600 or 700 HP while the bot was at 1 HP because I couldn't hit, and fire shield won't kill. So, if nothing else, these end that problem because even my Old Friend can now kick ass.

I like the PP regen, but it seems... really infrequent.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

"save the club"? Heh. The club is one of the more powerful Items we've had.

Anyway, yes, the sidekick boost is a little weak. However, I'd say that PP isn't exactly plentiful without a bit of legwork by the players. I just wish the refreshment would fire more frequently.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

For the doubters, would it help if there was a free or very nearly free option for a sidekick that didn't do much, but at least left the gloves working any time you wanted? Or is the issue more that the available sidekicks are easy enough to get and just aren't perceived as being very useful?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Perhaps some low-powered sidekicks from an NPC store might be nice. You have plenty of design space available in the Galleria shops you could use. Maybe have them randomized like the Black Market, and you're hiring some bored kids to help out.

You could also use the mall to put in a candy store *wink wink*
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Starker wrote:I nominated the club, because while it may well be the best option for dispensing cruelty on the unsuspecting Twilight fauna, doing damage isn't that hard in the first place. You can manage quite well with less colour.

Edit: Also, I do realize that since the changes to the PP return from weapons you aren't exactly swimming in it, but you can still wade/paddle.
I disagree from my experience. Literally, the Club could be life and death for me. But anyways.
Ryme wrote:For the doubters, would it help if there was a free or very nearly free option for a sidekick that didn't do much, but at least left the gloves working any time you wanted? Or is the issue more that the available sidekicks are easy enough to get and just aren't perceived as being very useful?
It'd be nice if they were actually gloves. But that's not what you're asking. Actually, I don't really get what you're asking with the first option. 50% just doesn't seem like a powerful boost.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

MagiNinjA wrote:It'd be nice if they were actually gloves.
While we have a lot of accessories, I far prefer them using that slot than breaking the Roderick's bonus.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

No knocking the club, it rocks.
And the new item, not so sure. I dont really use many sidekicks, so i might have to use them more before i comment.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Cristiona wrote:
MagiNinjA wrote:It'd be nice if they were actually gloves.
While we have a lot of accessories, I far prefer them using that slot than breaking the Roderick's bonus.
And I don't think so. >.>

<.<

This could go on for hours. Whatever. They're already an accessory anyways.
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

Strlikecrazy wrote:No knocking the club, it rocks.
I nominate "knocking the club" as a new euphemism for... something.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Ryme wrote:For the doubters, would it help if there was a free or very nearly free option for a sidekick that didn't do much, but at least left the gloves working any time you wanted? Or is the issue more that the available sidekicks are easy enough to get and just aren't perceived as being very useful?
S
At least for me, it's that the available sidekicks are easy enough to get and aren't perceived as very useful. At least, for me. If I knew the stats/numbers of more sidekicks (the wiki mostly has "?" for sidekicks) perhaps I'd know better, but right now they don't feel very applicable to my adventuring.

On the other hand, I'm a Psion, so I kind of have access to a free/nearly free option for a sidekick at any time with my wind warrior (and the refreshments give enough PP for me to re-cast it before it runs out).
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

I generally don't use sidekicks, so I really only got one for posterity and my collection.

Corrupt Shadow shrugs.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Corrupt Shadow wrote:I really only got one for posterity
Umm, they're supposed to go on your hands. :oops:
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

:lol:
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Olaf wrote:
Corrupt Shadow wrote:I really only got one for posterity
Umm, they're supposed to go on your hands. :oops:
Actually their are supposed to go on your sidekick's hands :lol:
Top 10 on the Total Post list
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I think I agree with mischal here. They expire after some time, aren't exactly very switchable with other sidekicks and don't warrant big enough bonuses for most of the playerbase to use them.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

I think side kicks would be used more if people actually needed them. The vocal minority here on the forums is (for the most part) all people above level 30, and aren't fighting many challenging battles.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Perhaps this is a subtle way to encourage transmogrification?

But yes, I'm not really in very challenging combats anymore (at 52) unless I go to the space station (where I die quickly). The only thing I really want to do is farm for items.

Right now I'm using it with the Monkey, hoping that (Monkey * 0.5) is at least 20%, which would make it the equivalent of Wolley's (which I gave up to try this out).
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

From what I've heard, the gloves are pretty fantastic when used with the Mafia Informant.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Just as a note, I bumped up the monkey and the other +item sidekick. They were both lower than they should have been, and are now more respectable.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Dunno if it changes anything, but I've added a cheap sidekick to Jax Pizza. He's not the most effective, but he's very easy to pick up, and with the kid gloves he's certainly more beneficial.

I had been planning to add some higher-level sidekicks this month, and I may try to do that sooner rather than later, so there's time for everyone to make an educated choice.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

What if you're able to "set aside" sidekicks? Like disable from using one, but have it in storage with its remaining minutes?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Hm. That'd be a whole lot of management. An extra database just to track the stored sidekicks, interfaces to put away and pull out the ones you want. Dunno.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

uhmmm.. don't like the idea... you better work on the signs when sidekicks leaves...
Top 10 on the Total Post list
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Ryme wrote:Hm. That'd be a whole lot of management. An extra database just to track the stored sidekicks, interfaces to put away and pull out the ones you want. Dunno.
Sure, but it'd encourage more usage. I know I'd use them more.