Display Case Question

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Corrupt Shadow

Display Case Question

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Ryme,

Is there any particular reason why the following CAN NOT be placed in the displays?
  • capo key
  • Ember in a Bottle
  • fake swipe card
  • Paradox Naught
  • skeptic sandals
  • steel knuckles
  • The Bard's Play
With the exclusion of the two talismans, they're all one-time-use quest items. Why wouldn't we be able to display them afterward? Is it solely due to spoilers?

I just hate a cluttered inventory of items I can no longer use. It irks me for some reason. :lol:
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

No quest items allowed.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Well, I gathered as much.

My question is: is that the only reason, or are there others...?
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

It'd be nice if at least the one-time-use quest items were relegated to a separate section of the inventory. It'd make the inventory look less cluttered, no?
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Yeah--that'd be kind of cool.
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

Because you would need to add a field to mark them as "used" or "not used" in the quests as opposed to Ryme getting bug reports because people put them in the memento case before they finished the quest and now don't understand why they can't finish it.

So yeah, rewrite part of the underlying inventory code, or say no on these items.
==
insert clever .sig file here
==
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

malk-a-mite wrote:Because you would need to add a field to mark them as "used" or "not used" in the quests as opposed to Ryme getting bug reports because people put them in the memento case before they finished the quest and now don't understand why they can't finish it.
This. This, a hundred times over. If it's required to finish a quest (or designed that way but not required, as in the steel knuckles), I'm not going to let the item be put away anywhere.

Is the Ember in a Bottle the only class-based talisman that can't go in? Or have you just not tested the other class starters? The answer there is much the same as above: I don't want people to be able to lose track of the only thing that lets them transmogrify.

The Paradox Naught is to prevent people from making more than 1 of them. They're designed to be 1/ascension.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Ryme wrote:This. This, a hundred times over. If it's required to finish a quest (or designed that way but not required, as in the steel knuckles), I'm not going to let the item be put away anywhere.
Okay, that's what I needed to know.
Ryme wrote:Is the Ember in a Bottle the only class-based talisman that can't go in? Or have you just not tested the other class starters?
That's the only one I've tested (since I'm an Ele).
Ryme wrote:The Paradox Naught is to prevent people from making more than 1 of them. They're designed to be 1/ascension.
Roger, roger!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:The Paradox Naught is to prevent people from making more than 1 of them. They're designed to be 1/ascension.
>_>
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"