What would you do?

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

AldenteVonTino

What would you do?

Post by AldenteVonTino »

This is a game I created when I first owned (not pwned, I wasn't that good and many mostly just came to my forum) a website on ForumUp that linked off of Geocities. This group started as a mere 4 and grew into about 150ish after a year, and had around 12 active by the time Geocities shut down. (Those who run this forum know precisely what I'm talking about in regards to what a task a large membership is.)
Way back then the group I was involved in started out ok, but turned into a "family of misfits" MUCH more immature than many of "us" here. They seemed to whine and cry for hints, etc (sometimes) among themselves and even flame and cuss and it got, well, nasty and was shut down 'cause some "couldn't play well with others". I say this 'cause compared to just half of you here would actually pwn (or own, if you will) every one of them, but let's not go there, ok? Ok!.

RULES: I shall create a situation (in text, obviously) that is real. It may be taken from a newspaper, (global news broadcast, popular news-obtaining website (such as Yahoo or MSNBC, for example), anywhere). The next poster shall resolve the situation as if they were the person (or industry, region, etc) of that article, story, etc and make reference to the actual article, story, whatever. (Obviously the story is not an ongoing one and has come to resolution.) Then creates the next "puzzling" contrivance made purposely perplexing to test the next poster's ingenuity. And then etc and so forth with more posters. Note: The topic does NOT mention "if". Words like "then" or "now" and so forth at the end could work ok, I think. Also adjusting the ending EVER so slightly, as I have below, is kinda ok also.

Ok, here 'tis. Watch how easy it can be:

I won $30 million in the lottery, but basically lost every bit of that, and then even lost other things thanks to my "friends".
I was last seen in Polk County, Florida.

What would you be doing now?

:mrgreen: :?: :mrgreen:
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Sanjuro

Re: What would you do?

Post by Sanjuro »

I'm sorry. I don't get it. :?

Why don't you answer it yourself, just to get us started?
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
AldenteVonTino

Re: What would you do?

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Sure, that's a good idea:

Right now, regardless of everything else, I would be laying in my coffin.
(STORY)
8)
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!