Yay for boredom!

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Corrupt Shadow

Yay for boredom!

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Neville Stevenson looked upon the set of drawings covered with red comments from the architect. Day after day, it was the same thing: spend time designing the electrical system of a building only to have an architect come in a few days before the final deadline only to undo all the work.

“Guess I’m working late for the next few days,” Neville said to one of his coworkers, Megan.

“The markups were pretty bad then?” she asked.

“Um—yeah,” he replied. “It gets old after a while. Why don’t they just tell us that’s what they want when we’re having all these design meetings?”

“Who knows, man,” she said sympathetically. Trying to change the subject, she broached, “Hey, did you hear the news about all that weird stuff going on in Hyde Park?”

Neville knew damn well what was going on down there. He’d lost tons of power to those damned frusion enemies. “I wish I’d never talked to Ebeneezer,” he said under his breath.

“What?” Megan asked.

“Huh? Oh, I said I saw something about it on Panther News the other night,” he replied lamely.

“Right…,” she said as she grabbed her keys. “Well, good luck tonight. Guess I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye.”

“See ya,” Neville replied with a wave. He was glad she was gone; he could concentrate on what he was really going to work on. Screw the architect! I have much more important things to do tonight!

Corrupt Shadow donned his Robe of 'Umr At-Tawil, and grabbed his Furnace of Yeb. Cristiona said I could find a shimmering chaos over in The Farthest Reaches of Insanity (man, that place is creepy), and Satan pointed me to the Cube Theater for that rare SQUID disc I need. Guess I’m off to hunt!
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
zyborg

Re: Yay for boredom!

Post by zyborg »

Nice. I like this. Plan on making this a series? If so, Twilight Heroes: the Series/The Adventures of Corrupted Shadow seem pretty good so far.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Dunno... I was just bored... wife was playing some Wii game on the TV, and I'd already watched all my YouTube subscriptions... I was bored.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

**Aldente dons his easy chair and a large bowl of popcorn and a two liter bottle of Barq's Root Beer for the show**
8) :wink: 8)
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!