The Susan Novak Diaries

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

The Susan Novak Diaries

Post by Ryme »

Susan Novak here. Researcher, teacher, friend of heroes. This is just a small sampling of the 413 messages I found when I checked my long-lost Twilight mailbox today. It appears that I've had a much larger influence on the heroic community than I had ever realized, due entirely to my 77 Habits of Highly Effective Heroes manual.
Rock Man wrote:Thank You! you'll need this in your journey
Included item: ubiquitous chainsaw (quantity 1)
Smoot wrote:Thanks, that should help characters to not suck as much. =D
Archadies Sabboth wrote:Thank you very much Dr. Novak, I really enjoyed the read.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at this address with any suspicious activities you may observe that goes on at the University, or in general.
It was quite a pleasure meeting you, and I hope that we may work together again.
A la prochein,
Elusive wrote:Thank You for the book. I found it to be quite enlightening.

your friend,
elusive

enclosed is a flyer from the day we met.
Included item: outraged political flyer (quantity 1)
Derek Montgomery wrote:Dr. Novak,
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful present! Due to your generosity, I have learned the art of heroic efficiency. I am now able to fight more crime in less time! Please accept these autographed kneepads as a token of thanks.
Yours truly,
Derek Montgomery
Turboboy wrote:dear Susan Novak,
I want to thank you for the lovly book you gave me, it was very thouhtful and kind of you and i enjoyed it very much .
lots of love.
Turboboy.
SkinnyDipper wrote:Thanks, you are a lovely NPC.

Have this lovely dyed pajamas.
Phoenix Tungsten wrote:Susan Novak, thank you for your assistance in dealing with the riot and for the copy of _77 Habits of Highly Effective Heroes_. Your insights have certainly made the world a better place.

Also, sorry about the hostility when we first met; I was a bit on edge for what seem to be obvious reasons. I assume you aready know about the emotion projector responsible for the riots, but if not I'd be glad to fill you in on the details that I'm aware of.
Onli Wan Cahone wrote:Thanks for the book, hopefully I can put it to some good use.
Oh, fancy meeting dor sinner fometime, err for dinner sometime? (Damn those sewers).
Mick wrote:thank you very much

got anything else?
Lygo wrote:Thankyou for that most instructive manual. By highlighting, isloating and even ignoring my internal flaws, i have managed to delve deeper into my alter ego and heroic persona, as well as become more efficient in regards to time management (giving me more vital minutes per day to spend sewing up holes on my costume). So thankyou once again
Rugzak wrote:Thanks - any idea where I can find the Mick?
Doominator wrote:Thank you for your pamphlet; I've found it very useful. I'm looking for more leads now, and any would be helpful. Cleaning up the streets with violence alone is a tough job; I'm glad to have someone to secretly slip me some information or help now and again.
keeping this one anonymous wrote:do u play KoL? if so ill will sort you out on there as i have a good person on it ;)
Ryme
Site Admin

Re: The Susan Novak Diaries

Post by Ryme »

This is not to encourage more of these, really, as logging in to an account with 400 messages takes forever, and I don't like the idea that it's sort of wasting resources. Still, some of the entries have been entertaining and I wanted to share. More to come, when I get the chance.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

so did I
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

From the "are you real or are you a bot" files, and also the "I don't actually read game narrative" collection. Kept anonymous for various reasons:
Oh hey, thanks. :) Have I seen you in chat?
Although you are probably quite fictional, I still want to thank you for your book. I read it and it has helped me greatly!
Thanks a lot, Twilight character who probably won't actually read this! I really appreciate it, and all your scare quotes.
have we met?
I'm guessing this is an auto message
Unaware if you exist or not. I suppose that's the metaphysical conundrum of those that run around in their underpants.
thank you, why did you send me this? i'm grateful and all, but still...
anyway i dont have much bu here, goodwill and all that. Included item: cup of coffee
admin controlled npc? or a programmed response to turning level 6? im think the latter, regardless thank you anyway.
Um.... who are you anyway?
huh? who is this?
what the heck?
Thank You to what do i owe the pleasure?
I wonder who gets this message
ty npc
Thanks a lot. I don't know if you're the real character or just someone pretending to be, but whoever you are, thanks a lot! It was a lot of help. Here's 50 chips for thanks. I'd give more, but I'm saving for a level up right now, so I need all the chips I can get. Thanks, anyway, and I included a bonus item too.
You were sent: 50 chips
Have some coffee, even NPCs enjoy coffee don't they?
Of course I personally hate coffee, wait why am i talking to a computer... does that mean I'm talking to myself? Oh god.... I should shut up now.
You were sent: 1 chips
Included item: fancy latte (quantity 1)
Thank you for your consideration. No offense, but I didn't think you were real. (part of the story. Can I give you anything for the book?
Your real player or mashine?
wow ! thank you. i had no idea you were a actual player ! thats very cool. thank you again
Thank you sooooo much for that book! Wow, I actually thought you were just another character in the game, I didnt realize you were a real person! I feel like such a n00b! Since you sent me something, can you make use of a digital voice recorder? I dont think Im going to need it. Just let me know! Thank again!
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Was any of those mine?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

From the "there's a thousand different ways to say thank you but only one way to say 'I was wrong'" files:
Thank you
Thanks Sus!

Appreciate it!

I will read this post-haste...
Thank you for the book!

In return I am enclosing a small gift for you!

GDG
Included item: pearl of wisdom (quantity 1)
Thank you very much, Miss Novak. I will put this information to the greatest of use in my quest to rid Twilight City of it's filth.
Thanks susan, the item you included should prove to be very useful. Included item: squidopus ink (quantity 1)
Thank you Susan. That should come in quit handy.
Thank you very much for the reading material.
I will put it to use immediately.
Thank you, darling, for the book. It is much appreciated.
THANX
Thank you. Much appreciated.
Thank you for the book; I am now a more efficient hero.
Whoopee! Thanks heaps!
I've studied your book for quite soem time now and would like to thank you for your research on superhuman efficiency on everyday actions
Thanks! I've been looking for ways to be more effective and stuff. Please enjoy this shot of espresso!
thanks a lot! :-)
wow thanks :-) that was nice
Thank you so very much for this, that is very, very kind. What can I do to help you?
Thanks a lot
Included item: outraged political flyer (quantity 1)
Thank you Susan, that was very helpful
You were sent: 50 chips
Thank you for the pamphlet, Dr. Novak. I found it to be very useful indeed and will henceforth be using the wisdom you have so generously shared in my evening activities!
confirmed recv'd
Thanks much!
Knowledge is limited. Imagination Round the world - Einstein
Thanks.
Effective I will be.
Thanks for the fascinating reading. Please accept this short end of the stick as a token of my appreciation.

Max
Included item: short end of the stick (quantity 1)
Ms. Novak,
Thank you, I will most certainly take them under advisement.
BTW...do I owe you anything for this?
Thank you for your kind words Susan. I found the book you sent to be quite enlightening.
Thank you, NPC!
Hey thanks for the gift, damn i wish i hadd more chips so i could give u somethin but im kinda a noob. ill putchya on my contact list :)
Susan, thanks for the book, it was a great read and I'll definitely benefit from it. I wish there was a way I could repay your kindness, but alas, I am poorer than a college student after spring break. :) Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. MrDolomite.
Umm... thanks. When I find something suitable, I'll return the favor.
Note: no favor was ever returned. Perhaps they're still looking for something suitable.
ok
Included item: cosmic crystals (quantity 1)
Thank you. It's good you study so I can prevent danger!

Included item: flashlight (quantity 1)
Thank you Susan. Here's a lil' something to show my appreciation.
You were sent: 1,000 chips
This was sent twice, one 45 minutes after the other, from the same player.
Dear Susan,

Thank you. I'm sure it will make good bedtime reading.
Thank you very much, I'll try it as soon as I can!
thank you for the book, Susan Novak, IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME
thank you very much. maybe some day we'll sit for a cup o' coffee together and talk
Included item: cup of coffee (quantity 1)
Thank you very much it will be very usefull
Included item: boomerang (quantity 1)
Susan;
Thank you for the book. I;ll have it in the HogDouse er, DogHouse, and take a look at fIrst opportunity.
Susan,

I truly appreciate the book. It's done wonders for my effective effectiveness. I feel it's affected my in ways I'll never truly know. I hope you'll take this token of my thanks in exchange for your effectively affective effect.

Regards,

Howdy Susan,
Thanks for the Manual, it's left my face supernaturally smooth and in half the time too! Oh, and saves me a lot of time when doing "errands". I found this interesting pearl. It seems to give you a mental boost just by holding it. Thought you'd be interested. Got to go, have a good one!

Thanks for the present! I don't have a great deal to offer in return as I'm saving to train to level 6, but I *do* have a spare chainsaw, and you're welcome to it!
Included item: ubiquitous chainsaw (quantity 1)
thankyou
Well thank ye' kindly.
thank
...thanks?
...thanks?
alright then? ?.?
I was going to say something heartfelt and touching here about players and fun and the value of laughter and yadda yadda yadda, but that was too sappy. So, uh, thanks. Just thanks.
okie dokie!
THANKS 4 THE ITEM. :)
thank you Susan i will keep that and read it for life
Tnhanks for the tips
Thanks, Susan! As a beginning hero, unfortunately I don't have much of value to offer in return except my gratitude and a promise someday soon to reciprocate.
Thank you very much, Susan! This information really helped me out in learning how to get things done faster and gives me more time to fight crime!
Hi. Nice to hear from you again. thanks for the help. just got my first computer installed in my lab. *smiles* How is it going? Thanks again for your help. let me know if i might be able to help you some time.
Thank you for the book, it's much appreciated. I'll stop by one of these days and let you know how it's worked out.
Doctor Manhattan wrote:Thank you, Susannovak-human. I shall remember you when I transcend humanity and ascend to godhood.
Maybe.
oh. thanks...very kind of you...
Thanks, Susan. This has been "super" helpful.
tnx hope to hear from you soon...
Included item: e-rings (quantity 1)
Thank you, I'll contact you again when I have finished the book to return it to you. Delightfully befriended,
Well, thank you Susan! I hadn't ever considered some of these things. Much appreciated!
Oh. Heh.
?Kk...
jrttyh
Included item: denim pants (quantity 1)
Susan i love you.
Thanks for the helpful tome. I'll take it to heart,though I doubt I'll remember all 77 habits.
thanx for the item heheh lol ur nice .,.. i like u .
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

thank you for the book, Susan Novak, IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME
Valera?
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Are these real? Why do people message a NPC?
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Satan

Post by Satan »

They are unsure if it is an NPC, or not paying attention.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

All of these were sent, yes. Whether or not they're serious, joking, hopeful, or somewhere in between, I can't say for many of them.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Hey!! some of us just like sitting and tlaking to machines or bots :evil:
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

I know for sure I sent off one!
I seriously thought it was an actual part of the program and figured if I sent a reply, something else might happen!
(I haven't seen mine yet! I sent a blessing!)
:lol: 8) :lol:
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I've seen mine!!.. or I think I did xD
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I loled at the one by Doctor Manhattan
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Mr Q here, with yet another question.
Of the 675 posted members of this forum, how many are actually in possession of only one account?
Curiosity all but demands to know, but if there's no way to tell (for sure) then oh well.
Figured with the multiple replies you've received, there might be a way to tell?
:?:
Just give it a thought,
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

<--- One account only.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
blackmatter615

Post by blackmatter615 »

I wonder how often ryme checks this account, and if there are more that belong here now...
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

I forgot how much fun those were to read.

Ryme, if I send the appropriate number of chips to the #21 account, could you put all the gifts in a Memento Display?
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It's been a while. i'll have to see if there are any more. Last thing I want to do is manage a memento display, though.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

You could always have Cris or someone do it for you. That's what minions are for!
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

As Susan doesn't send that message any more I doubt more will be sent
zyborg

Post by zyborg »

I've sent her cosmic crystals, thinking that she would be interested in them. Of course, I knew she was an NPC, but... I guess I felt like roleplaying.
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

zyborg wrote:I've sent her cosmic crystals, thinking that she would be interested in them. Of course, I knew she was an NPC, but... I guess I felt like roleplaying.
**hands zyborg one hundred points for roleplaying**
Go you! Ta-heck-in-a-hand-basket to whomever has something against imagination!
8)
Just give it a thought,