Don Carlos

Off-topic posts about whatever, including off-the-wall posts about being on walls.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Don Carlos

Post by Cristiona »

Come clean, Ross... this name was you being clever, wasn't it? :D
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Eh? Clever in what way? I think the odds are good the answer is yes (and by policy I'm happy to encourage people to always assume so :) ) but I'm not sure which particular facet of cleverness you're thinking of at the moment.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Carlos Castaneda wrote some books mentioning Naguals. In it, there was a guide named Don Juan Matus. Portmanteau?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Oh, that? Sure. Well, and my Dad introduced me to those books, and his name translates to Carlos in Spanish, too. It's a double-whammy, and a personal inside joke in one. That's the best kind of clever.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Devant wrote: That's a lot of weirdness packed into a single person...Oo This means that everything we know, all the training we got, comes from the alter ego of your father? Oo
Is not one who trains and teaches you essentially like a father or mother anyway? You say it like it's a weird thought, but metaphorically it's an ancient and very traditional way of looking at things. (Just like the nagual would recognize, too.)

Ding! Point for Ryme!