Twilight Forums

Idle chat for wannabe heroes
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:33 am 
Site Admin

I'm working on a second novel. This one is completely different from the first. It's a fantasy adventure novel on the surface, and is also a nod to and parody of classic fantasy computer RPGs. If you remember Bard's Tale, Pool of Radiance, Wizardry, Might and Magic, or any of many other CRPGs, older and newer, you may find a bit of humorous nostalgia there.

I'm taking a different tactic with this story, releasing chapters of the rough draft in blog form to generate some discussion and feedback. I might eventually publish a revised version of the story as an ebook, counting on reader comments rather than a professional editor to help me pull the project together.

You can find the first several chapters at http://bardball.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:49 pm 

Just offhand, the 6th chapter title makes me think of a song of ice and fire. Did GRRM influence this at all?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:51 pm 

Another offhand, is the main character's name Leeroy Jenkins?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:13 am 
Site Admin

Satan wrote:
Just offhand, the 6th chapter title makes me think of a song of ice and fire. Did GRRM influence this at all?

I've read his books (except for the newest one), so it's possible. I'm not intentionally giving him any nods here, because I'm primarily focused on games rather than books, but a little might slip in at some point.

Satan wrote:
Another offhand, is the main character's name Leeroy Jenkins?

The Player is really more incidental than a main character, but that is entirely the kind of joke I might make.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 am 
Site Admin

I won't keep bumping this but wanted to mention I've added a lot more material already and I think I've got a (mostly) weekly schedule down for regular-ish updates.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:08 pm 

I hardly ever check the forums unless I need to have you considered using the mailing option of the game? I have it on since ever and never got a single email lol