Minor Bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Jesus

Post by Jesus »

When you gain two levels at once, and get a certain something for it... Well, you can't get that something if the two levels in question are 25 and 26. Different trainers.

This is probably intended behavior, I'm just pointing out the gap.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I think there's a good chance with the server change it messed up some of the timekeeping. I don't quite understand it, but I'll fix it soon.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Apostrophes in the name of the item is breaking things. I'll fix that.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

Frost, that has been showing up for me too.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

I think this is a common issue for everyone right now. It's a buffer thing or something like that.
Rueby

Post by Rueby »

Hinoa wrote:While trying to do the L2 quest on my naturalist after getting the item you need to bring down the quest's boss, I got the "it's after one in the morning and the galleria shops are closed" dialog every time I tried to go there. According to my game's clock, it was 11:20 PM. Here's a screenshot.

I tried debuffing and trying again to no avail. I'll try again after rollover.

I too had a similar problem on character named Rueala. Time 4:56 am. Bedtime 7 am. Turns left 27. Try and patrol and I get the "Can't Fight, Gotta Work" screen. However, when I went to the hero's guild, I qualified for the overnighter badge. So not sure how that would happen.
The Goddess works in mysterious ways, like a healing shiv. This might sting.
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

Hinoa wrote:While trying to do the L2 quest on my naturalist after getting the item you need to bring down the quest's boss, I got the "it's after one in the morning and the galleria shops are closed" dialog every time I tried to go there. According to my game's clock, it was 11:20 PM. Here's a screenshot.

I tried debuffing and trying again to no avail. I'll try again after rollover.
Rueby wrote:I too had a similar problem on character named Rueala. Time 4:56 am. Bedtime 7 am. Turns left 27. Try and patrol and I get the "Can't Fight, Gotta Work" screen. However, when I went to the hero's guild, I qualified for the overnighter badge. So not sure how that would happen.
It appears that the game clock has been moved by two hours, but the galleria quest has not been updated to reflect this, or something. Rueby, you started fighting crime at 5pm, it all adds up.
Have a nice day.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

After some number of lines or time (I'm not sure which...I'll have to count), chat just simply freezes. No new responses are shown. I have yet to test me entering some text, but reentering chat works. Is this an automatic chat refresh timer doing its magic?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

This isn't directed specifically at you Magininja, just as a general comment. I really don't need any more "chat is broken" messages. It's known that it's broken in about every which way, and it comes up dozens of times every day.I, myself, on every instance, affirm that chat is in alpha and is a complete mess every time I have a chance. More examples aren't gonna help me any. As soon as the game stops having major gamebreaking issues, I will fix it.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Fighting some fiends today, I'm getting:

Code: Select all

It hits you for <font class='badthick'>4 + </font><font class=''>1 () damage</font>.
I'm posting the html as I think it would be more helpful in showing there is some strangeness going on.

The + 1 () is ahowing up after every hit I get from the fiends and only from them.

EDIT: This is no longer happening.

Also, to bring up something from alpha, I can still have more than one Improve Armor/Weapons effect at a time.
In fact, I can have all of them; pre and post Improved Tinkering.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

You cannot get Delayed Gratification if you're training with the Nagual Mystic. My multi met the requirements, leveled up, and no love.

Didn't work at the level 24-26 jump, but I figured that was because with the different trainers you had to exit the one trainer screen to get to the other.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Update on the + 1 ()
It happened again, but it seems that it only happens when fiends are the first things I fight after logging in.
If I go fight somewhere else, then come back, they will have normal + elemental damage. I have tried this with a few logging ins and outs.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

frost_maze wrote:Just saying, in case you come across this. All my turns take 4 minutes now. Please don't fix this... I don't know why I'm even posting it but I suppose my conscience is telling me to.
You're crazy. Of course it should get fixed.

There are several reports of people not getting 77 Habits since they did the quest when the hole hit. Or something like that.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Multiple heroic efficiencies fixed. Thanks for letting me know about that.

Also, the fiends in the pit ought to be dealing elemental damage properly these days.
sounos

Post by sounos »

Not really sure where to put this but it is trivial to write a greasemonkey script to replace your name in chat to whatever you fancy. Not particularly exploitable but could be used to impersonate an admin or something? Maybe something to consider when building the new chat?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I think that part of chat is fixed.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Are there other things which may be draining your HP or PP? I can almost guarantee there are, and those things never get displayed.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by verify. But I don't want to just spoon-feed you the answer, nor do I want to set a precedent of having everyone send me their entire character profile every times something unexpected happens. I really believe exploring is supposed to be part of the fun--the whole point of creating this world is so people can explore it, and it would defeat my goals if I just said, "Yeah, give me your stats and I'll tell you every detail."

In your shoes, this is what I would do. Generally the best approach is the scientific one. For instance, eliminate variables by unequipping items and shaking off effects unless you're sure you know what's going on. See what happens. If there are effects that you can't shake off, adventure for a few turns until they disappear and see if anything changes. If there are skills that you have which you don't know what they do, click on the skill name in the character sheet to get a description. They're not detailed, but they're pretty suggestive.

There's also the research angle: ask around a few other people. Or check the wiki for what information is known about these things. Of course the information in either of those places is only as good as the scientific research done by others, so the most reliable method is the scientific one.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

MillTheThrill wrote:I'm not looking for spoilers. I just didn't know if there was somewhere that showed effects that the character is currently suffering from - but I suppose, since you said "Those things never get displayed" in the previous message, that somewhat answers my question.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. Any "effect" you have shows in the lower left, with the buffs. For instance, you might get "the sweats" from drinking Guatemalan pepperjuice, or get "needs stitches" by being beaten up. The effect itself always shows up.

What doesn't show in most cases is the additional HP/PP gain or drain. If you have something that gives 2 PP/turn, it doesn't say it on screen, you just get it in addition to the normal course of events.
Jick

Post by Jick »

The skill page isn't remembering the last skill correctly, it seems. After I rebuff my weapons, the skill dropdown always pops back to the armor buff skill.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

There seems to be a glitch when casting buffs on other players. They seem to not show up until someone has sent you a message.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Buffs won't show up until you've loaded a page in the main frame that can process them. Not sure if that's being minsconstrued as needing to get a message or not. But messages only trigger on a few top-level pages, whereas buffs ought to load on just about every page in the game, with a few exceptions. Neither chat nor the fight page (I think) count though, so if you're chatting/fighting and not going anywhere else, the buff will be delayed. Could that be it?
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Ryme wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you mean by verify. But I don't want to just spoon-feed you the answer, nor do I want to set a precedent of having everyone send me their entire character profile every times something unexpected happens. I really believe exploring is supposed to be part of the fun--the whole point of creating this world is so people can explore it, and it would defeat my goals if I just said, "Yeah, give me your stats and I'll tell you every detail."

In your shoes, this is what I would do. Generally the best approach is the scientific one. For instance, eliminate variables by unequipping items and shaking off effects unless you're sure you know what's going on. See what happens. If there are effects that you can't shake off, adventure for a few turns until they disappear and see if anything changes. If there are skills that you have which you don't know what they do, click on the skill name in the character sheet to get a description. They're not detailed, but they're pretty suggestive.

There's also the research angle: ask around a few other people. Or check the wiki for what information is known about these things. Of course the information in either of those places is only as good as the scientific research done by others, so the most reliable method is the scientific one.
QFT. All of you newbies are so spoiled. Go play the god damned game a bit. That's the point. It saddens me that people are asking others where to adventure. Go find out for youself. It's so much more rewarding than spoiling yourself every time. That's the lesson I learned in KoL.