Minor Bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:Buffs won't show up until you've loaded a page in the main frame that can process them.
I'll try to test this out some more.

Okay, thanks to several helpful folks in chat, I fiddled a little.

Mid-combat, there's no notification or anything. Clicking "main" doesn't cause them to appear. Clicking "messages" and "Somerset" did. I assume the rest do as well. I guess that's as expected. For awhile, I thought it would only appear if you received a new message, but I guess that was a coincidence.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

If it's not showing up on the main page, I need to fix that, because it definitely should there.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Yeah, doesn't appear to. A basic timeline:

1) Start a combat.
2) Ask for a buff in chat.
3) Get buffed.
4) Finish combat.
5) Click 'main' from the top link.
6) No notification, no buff on left pane.
7) Click 'messages' (or 'Somerset') on the top pane.
8) Got buff notification and buff on the left.

I didn't check if clicking main and then fighting again would cause buff duration to decrease, even if it wasn't on the left pane, though.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
sounos

Post by sounos »

While it seems you have fixed the chat so you cannot just change channel=... to make a new channel this still works with negative numbers.
EDIT: Nevermind, I must be going insane >_<

At the computer bay you can change the runcomp1 or runcomp2 to 522, 517,or 516 without the script stopping you which (as far as I can tell) gets your computer stuck on that until you manually switch back. I'm guessing this isn't exploitable but it doesn't seem like something we are supposed to be able to do :)
Rueby

Harbor Pearl/rental gear

Post by Rueby »

I started adventuring in the bay today wearing a harbor pearl. I got the exp to level, so ran over to the cube theater to make the chips I still needed to level up. Did that, got my level at the hero's guild, and went to adventure at the bay again. Patrolled 4 or 5 times before I realized I wasn't wearing my harbor pearl anymore but an oculum felis. Tried a couple of different offhand items and was still able to continue patrolling at the bay.

Edit: Happened on the character named Autumn Rose.
The Goddess works in mysterious ways, like a healing shiv. This might sting.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Rueby: this is not a bug.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Should be fixed.
Rueby

Post by Rueby »

Ryme wrote:Rueby: this is not a bug.
Sorry, I couldn't find an skills or affects that were allowing it. My bad.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I've run over by 15 seconds from resting before. I think there's a bit of leeway right now.
sounos

Post by sounos »

Me too:

Time: 1:31:30 AM
Bedtime: 1:31 AM
(~0 turns left)

Don't really know why :)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Yeah, things are okay. Bedtime just doesn't display seconds because for most of the night that seems like a mostly unnecessary complication. Nothing to worry about.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Did you get the level 9 on the next visit? I'm almost positive I just changed this so that he'll spit them all out at once, independent of each other. Unless I missed the level 9 one, or something.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

The Manual really needs to be changed: it still says computers aren't implemented, which is causing a fair amount of confusion with the level 5 quest.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Cristiona wrote:The Manual really needs to be changed: it still says computers aren't implemented, which is causing a fair amount of confusion with the level 5 quest.
Grr. I changed the manual about 2 months ago. Keep forgetting to push it out, I guess. Or I'm looking in the wrong spot. I'll try to remember to get that.
Rueby

Post by Rueby »

I was bidding on a silver star in the auction house. The time left said medium so I was checking it infrequently but still keeping an eye on it. I ended up winning the bid, but the time left never dropped below medium to short or very short.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Hmm, I'll have to check on that. I've been having a little trouble with the clocks on the new servers, this may be related.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Zelandoni wrote:Ryme, are you sure that one of the new items is fully implemented. It seems to be missing a description...
Would that be the one that says "Yeah, Ryme knows this needs a description"?

Or is there a completely blank one somewhere that I've overlooked?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I've had a few reports about missing auction house transactions. I can't actually find a bug, and as a huge majority go through, it makes it difficult. I've changed the AH so that it sends chips in a message, so there's a paper trail to follow.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

...The main TH screen keeps coming up during roll? >.>

I can login, but going to chat kicks me off. :)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Yeah, I'll have that fixed tomorrow. The command which clears chat and kicks everyone out for rollover wasn't being cleaned up fast enough. Shouldn't do that anymore.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

You know what? I just realized that the notification will only apply for buy-it-now auctions. Any auctions which end normally run on a different script, which I forgot to update. I'm a goofball.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I don't know if this is a bug, so I thought I'd ask...

Does the Air Shield "trick" only work for Elementals? I tried to go swimming with just Air Shield and was denied.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

That's news to me. I don't even know how it would be possible for that to be affecting things.