Spelling and grammar errors

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Spelling and grammar errors

Post by Ryme »

If you catch spelling and grammar issues, post 'em here.
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

It's not really spelling and grammar so much as general oddness.
The power of the gray sand obeys and you get a big mind. Excuse me, get a big mind. You gain 5 intellect
There's also a missing punctuation mark behind the "You gain 5 intellect", but I'm not sure if it's a ! or a fullstop, and you can't italicise fullstops anyway. Unless there isn't, in which case you need better grammar.

EDIT:
where the septic scandal had been moments before
From the quest adventure A Skeptic Sandal.

Can we still double post?

EDIT again:
As you're patrolling near a small grove of sea grass
Missing word in the adventure text, I think.
Have a nice day.
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

freed the creatures of Porcelain Bay from servitude
After completing the quest, before going to the station.

Yay double post?
Have a nice day.
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

You pick up all the pages of the script and assemble it into a complete play.
Have a nice day.
sounos

Post by sounos »

In the nearby slums, after choosing "See if anything is going on at the park":
You start walingk toward the run-down park in the center of the slums, but then see a suspicious shadowy figure lurking in a back alley.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I think I've addressed all of the above.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Hey cool A Naked Jew registered!

Err... uh...
Ya. Bugs and stuff. Grammar.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Another inaccuracy in the manual:
There are also computer parts, which will eventually allow you to make computers and run useful software, but that's not implemented yet.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

psycho wrote:
Forcegloves wrote:all elements (fire, ice, electric, and acid)
Game Manual wrote:The elemental hero fights crime with a mastery of the four elements. Earth, air, fire, and water all obey the heroes
Is this anything more than the elements being updated since the game manual was written?
The other day, some monster in "through the dimensional gate" did psychic damage to me. Maybe I'm just too used to the KoL colored damage = elemental thing.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

To clarify:

Elementals the class work their magic with the four elements of classical tradition: earth, air, fire, and water.

In the game, there are many different things that can hurt you as part of enemy attacks, or which you might deal to enemies as part of your own attacks. These things are pure physical, fire/heat, ice/cold, electric, sonic, acid, and psychic damage. These things all get color coded, and equipment may provide you with partial resistance to them. However, they're not really "elements" per se. Because of the possible confusion, I'm trying not to officially call the damage types elements, the way KoL does. (The reference to elements has been removed from forcegloves--they just list which damage types they reduce.)

However, at the moment I'm without a good general term for all those damage types other than "damage types". If anyone's got something better, let me know.

To further elaborate, an Elemental hero may tap into fire (the element) to do fire damage, or tap into energy in the air to unleash a lightning bolt (electric damage), or manipulate water to send out an ice bolt (ice/cold damage). The Elemental hero is using the four elements to do some of the available damage types.
TheK3vin

Post by TheK3vin »

Well you were pretty well known on kol (unlike me). So I'm not suprised that you didn't know me, but hey, now you do.
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

The good news is that the neighborhood is free of him
The journal entry after completing the galleria quest. You appear to be missing a word.
Have a nice day.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Good point about the turn, Dr. W.

And it's probably inevitable that I'll slip up a little on the gender now and then. I try to be neutral or provide specific variants, but it's tough not to reflexively assume your own now and then.
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

The testimonials page? "two slices of pumpkin bread and a glass of milk". =D
Have a nice day.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

The Slumberjack wrote: "The sudden blat of a siren"
What's wrong with this one?

Blat. To make a loud or raucous noise.

New forum policy:

Nobody is allowed to question my vocabulary without looking it up at dictionary.com first, or you will be mocked mercilessly. I use dictionary.com because I teased someone else once for not looking it up, and it turned out their dictionary really didn't have the word. But I refuse to be limited to the quality of words found in small dictionaries.

Since this is a new rule, I'll let you off with a mild joshing. Fair?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

To be fair, boss, "blat" is normally used in an onomatopoeic fashion. Trumpets blat; sirens wail.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Cristiona wrote:Trumpets blat; sirens wail.
And he may do both when he reads that :)
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

The Slumberjack wrote: I know "blat" is a word, but I figured it was just "blast" typoed.
Okay, then the other forum rule is you must explain what you think is wrong with the thing you've pointed out. Because if I think it's right and you don't, and I don't know why, I'm either going to jump to incorrect conclusions or give up and ignore it.
Cristiona wrote: To be fair, boss, "blat" is normally used in an onomatopoeic fashion.
Hmm. Maybe I've heard some sirens you haven't heard, then? Or maybe I'm striving to be creatively different, instead of sticking to the cliche. Or maybe I'm just full of it. Still, I stand by my choice in this instance.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

T'would really help if I had a reference for that. Which item? Some of these things have been around for nearly a year, and I don't have them in memory. Well, *my* memory. Computer memory probably.