Minor bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Lxndr

Re: Minor bugs

Post by Lxndr »

well, my sidekick has been kidnapped, so I imagine I can't use the MBM until I rescue her anyway.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Didn't scan the thread, so I don't know if this has already been brought up, but...

smashed wrecker/ wrecked smasher is automatically going to the "I'm sorry, I didn't get that. What do you want to do?" message as soon as you encounter him. I know he's got some unique text, because I can see it before the page refreshes.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Jesus wrote:Didn't scan the thread, so I don't know if this has already been brought up, but...

smashed wrecker/ wrecked smasher is automatically going to the "I'm sorry, I didn't get that. What do you want to do?" message as soon as you encounter him. I know he's got some unique text, because I can see it before the page refreshes.
Are you sure this isn't some script you are running? Because I managed to get the description - it's in the wiki.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

I don't run any scripts.

It's been going on since retcon rolled out, and it's only with those guys in the Tavern... but it doesn't happen with every drunkard pairing, so with retcon making them random it's something I tended to forget about. If it was something on my end, shouldn't it be happening with other enemy encounters?
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

The way those are coded, I don't think it's possible for one set to behave differently than the others. The only differences are a little bit of text, and I don't think text could force a page reload like that. But I'll check their descriptions. Can anyone else duplicate?
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

When trying to recycle "all" of nothing (by accident) it puts this up:
Workbench - Recyclonizer

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/twilight/public_html/recyclonizer.php on line 90

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/twilight/public_html/recyclonizer.php on line 91
You seem to be trying to add zero or fewer of that item, which doesn't make any sense.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
NardoLoopa

Post by NardoLoopa »

In Chat: "top1214 sent you an item."
Date: 2011-02-02 10:54:52

top1214 just hit you with a snowball. Paff!
I'm thinking this could be a bit more dramatic in the chat message, maybe.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Image for dance pants needs cleanup

Edit: corrected, please remove
Last edited by Muhandes on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I can't see anything wrong with that image. What are you seeing?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Things seem somewhat busier on Teeter Street tonight. A quick glance indicates a few other heroes seem to be patrolling Teeter Street this evening.
Schrodinger's Teeter Street?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I may need to rephrase it a touch, but that's telling you two different things.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

thistle hurt you more than it hurts me doesn't do damage per round as it's supposed to do (and kudos for the plural, made me chuckle)
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Muhandes wrote:Image for dance pants needs cleanup
There's a smudge on the right side. I'm too lazy to upload an image, but if you still can't see it I will.

Edit: corrected, please remove. I also believe Cris's report above about the hyde text was corrected.
Last edited by Muhandes on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Mag-Wai warrior's popup isn't working
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Image for powdered gingko also needs a bit cleanup

Edit: Corrected, feel free to remove
Last edited by Muhandes on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

It seems like "Big Trouble" and "Alphabet Soup" are added for 60 minutes plus your turn length.
However, it seems that unlike regular turn length which is limited by 4 minutes, this can be less than 4 minutes.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

This is a typo, but it is not a spelling error NOR a grammatical error. Hopefully this is a good place for it:

the Game Manual (section "Character stats and info") claims that the heroing day starts at 7pm. However, also in the Manual, in the section entitled "Time, Turns and Adventures" it says 6pm.

6pm is what actually happens in the game
(barring Precompetion)

This may be confusing to new players, or returning ones.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Not sure whetever it's appropriate to bring it up here but - the polytechnic tunic description mentions 'being able to resist four different kinds of elements', but the item only grants fire resistance.

Wiki listed it as giving resist to fire, ice, electric and acid - perhaps it actually did in the past but was nerfed and the description left the same?

edit: so either the description could be changed or (which I'd prefer) the resistance to four elements be put in, although if 10% is too much it could be 5% or something like that.
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Shikao wrote:RNG swing makes nice source of income - buy for 20, sell for 114, profit 94 a piece =]
Unless it's supposed to be like this, but I highly doubt it =P
Weird but not exactly abusable as buying it takes a turn(and 94 profit for a turn spent isn't very impressive).
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I've adjusted the price down a touch, but will leave the swing with higher resale as a +chips adventure for the observant. At the new price it's not out of line with the zone.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Kurg wrote:Not sure whetever it's appropriate to bring it up here but - the polytechnic tunic description mentions 'being able to resist four different kinds of elements', but the item only grants fire resistance.

Wiki listed it as giving resist to fire, ice, electric and acid - perhaps it actually did in the past but was nerfed and the description left the same?

edit: so either the description could be changed or (which I'd prefer) the resistance to four elements be put in, although if 10% is too much it could be 5% or something like that.
I think this got typoed way back when I rejiggered some of the bonuses. Surprising it made it this long before being noticed. Set back the way it was.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Muhandes wrote:Image for powdered gingko also needs a bit cleanup
Got the two images, thanks. I upgraded my OS about a month ago, and apparently it's recalibrated my monitors. I'm having trouble seeing some of this stuff. Maybe I'll get used to it, or there may be more of this in the future.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:
Muhandes wrote:Image for powdered gingko also needs a bit cleanup
Got the two images, thanks. I upgraded my OS about a month ago, and apparently it's recalibrated my monitors. I'm having trouble seeing some of this stuff. Maybe I'll get used to it, or there may be more of this in the future.
The only reason I'm seeing them is that when they are uploaded to the wiki they are magnified so everything shows up.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

TNT can do 0 damage. In my case it was against triumphant and terrible titan, but I supposed any foe with physical resistance will do.
lazyfire

Post by lazyfire »

I don't know if this is a bug or feature, but +chip sidekicks (tested with Extortionist and Noble) don't have any effect on non-combats while skills and equipment do.

Ex. In the Golden Wooden Nickel with +50% from items and skills and the Extortionist which gives +30%, all combats showed an 80% increase while the Jackpot! non-combat only gave a 50% increase.
lazyfire #303
The saddest songs were wrote in minor keys
Like Johnny Marr, I want my “Please Please Please” - Jason Martin
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

It seems that +FT doesn't apply to the Stranglers. If it doesn't apply to them, it probably doesn't apply to Battle of the Bands or April Fool's foes.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

This bug also expresses itself with the Majestic Nobel. Testing on my alt, her chip drops on the rooftops went from 172 to 316 simply by shrugging off Nature vs. Nurture.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

It seems Fast Learner lets you use SQUID discs, even when you don't have a player. You get poor returns (got 1 XP from two Forgotten Etiquettes), but still...
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Cristiona wrote:It seems Fast Learner lets you use SQUID discs, even when you don't have a player. You get poor returns (got 1 XP from two Forgotten Etiquettes), but still...
Curiouser and curiouser.

Just used a 30 Days to Greater Humility without a player. Expected gain is 30-40. I got 3.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Yeah yeah yeah, multiposting, but...

Fast Learner, with no points, adds 10% to your player's effectiveness. Is seems that Fast Learner, with no player, still gives you its bonus, which is why I got 10% of the value for '30 Days...' It seems it's counting as a player, and then giving you its bonus to your current player. In other words, 0+10%.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Fast Learner bug should be fixed.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Has the sidekick + sidekick increasing buff/item bug been fixed? I don't want to use Nurture vs Nature or my judo kid gloves if they're negating any positive effects.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

not yet. I only know it applies to chips, not necessarily to anything else.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

From my own testing, it looks like the Smuggler isn't impacted.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Minor protection missing with the new computer tricks: while converting codes, you can swap out the computer you're using. It doesn't alter the decrypting time, and there isn't a reason to do so (unless you wanted to Retcon mid-decrypt, I guess), but it probably should be locked out like with mangled data plates.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Fix pushed. Good catch.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

I have no idea if this is expected behaviour or not:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BwIOpd ... YTlm&hl=en

But I was getting negative chips dropping from a certain noncombat adventure in the Back of the House. That should lead to a folder of screenshots in Google Documents.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Negative chips are never expected behavior. I've had one other report. Looking into it.