Minor bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Re: Minor bugs

Post by Cristiona »

Line break weirdness with the Smuggler.
You attack ...

You grin and let out a little whoop of excitement. Jerry eyes you and says, "Great, kid. Don't get cocky."

you take aim and fire, scoring 7 bull's eyes in a row. Assuming you're fighting a bull. Since you probably aren't, you get 7 Archduke Hans Enfransz's eyes. Ouch. After being shot for 854 +5 +10 damage, they're not looking so good.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Kurg

Post by Kurg »

Not really a bug, but... In inventory, I can 'use multiple' even if I have only ONE of that item. Might as well remove that since it's completely useless.
Accounts: Kurg is my main, then there's Zap/Zorzos/Kalios who are (mostly)unused multis.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Edivad wrote:Not really a bug, but... In inventory, I can 'use multiple' even if I have only ONE of that item. Might as well remove that since it's completely useless.
I would argue the opposite, that it is useful in the Use Things window and should be added there rather than removed from the Full Inventory window. It is useful since when you have many items and you know which one you want, the use multiple interface is more useful than the regular interface. Anyway, IMHO it's not that important, and I'd put it in the minor interface tweak requests thread.
zyborg

Post by zyborg »

I just had the adventure "What Luck!" from "the neighboring and neighborly neighborhood". It describes me finding a 20-chip piece, but I only received 18 chips from it... I don't seem to have any equipment or effects that would cause this...
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I recently made that adventure a bit more variable, to match the others. What I forgot is that the text doesn't agree with that variability.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:I recently made that adventure a bit more variable, to match the others. What I forgot is that the text doesn't agree with that variability.
So is this also going to revert to an adventure uninfluenced by chips drop modifiers?
zyborg

Post by zyborg »

I adventured in 'Shiloh Sanatarium' for awhile, then adventured once in the 'Skies Above Downtown' and fought Reptauron. After beating it, the 'Patrol Again', 'Last Area Patrolled', and the 'go back to' act as if I was adventuring in the Sanatarium.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Yeah, that's a known issue. You were waylaid en route and thus never made it to the Skies.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

This is actually somewhere between a bug and a small feature request.

A nice change was made to the message you get when black box triggers, the icon was added before the message.
This same thing was also added when you miss a call of the pre-vandalism radio, i.e. you get a message and don't go to the right location. However, it wasn't added when you get the message in the first place. I think this is a bug.

As a feature request, I think this is very nice and I'd like to see it with other color boxes, the Virtual Reality helmet and Mummers' gloves being the one that pop into my mind.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Just overlooked. I'd intended it to go in every time. I agree it helps call those things out and make it clearer what's doing what.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Not something troublesome, but if you click on the "add these points" button when you already maxed out every skill (my case), you get this message:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/twilight/public_html/character.php on line 134

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/twilight/public_html/character.php on line 148
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I'm surprised at the frequency with which this one has been reported. I'll definitely fix it ... just wondering how many people would try to assign points after they've assigned them all. Funny.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Be vigilant and test everything is our motto. After all, it could've freaked out and done something unexpected like give us 64 thousand skill points :p
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

I guess people might be searching for aother funny line when attempting that :)
trog

Post by trog »

Well, it looks like somrthing in PvP got broken in the update of yesterday. Whenever I fight anyone now, I just get told that I won and get 7 points added to my rank along with a fatal error...

Canoot redeclare add_effect() (previously decalred in /home/twilight/public_html/pvp.php:958) in /home/twilight/public_html/buff-scripts.php on the line 1706

It seems odd that buffs should come into play at all in PvP. I think that it actually has something to do with my Treader of the Dust's Sandals.

It doesn't matter who I try to duel, I get this error. I can even "duel" myself. Wierd, huh?
trog

Post by trog »

I just tested it and I could also attack someone who had under 300 PvP rank. This is definitely not normally the case.
trog

Post by trog »

Sorry for this continual posting.

I also just noticed that the 10PP per turn gain that I was getting with every PvP win due to my Sandals. I suppose I should stop analyzing this problem now.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Error should be fixed. The PVP page has to handle buffs, because time passes there, and the buffs expire.

There are a surprising number of pages where time can pass. I think I may have gotten them all now. I'm curious if fixing the error-re-institutes proper PVP rules.

As a general principle, if something is massively broken ... like giving yourself instant wins in an aspect of the game, it's probably better to send a bug report instead of making it known to the public.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Maybe more of a suggestion than a bug.

As Fire Shield now does retribution fire damage, it raises the question, why doesn't cold shoulder shirt do cold damage?
Also, spooked credo and Vambraces of the Star Spawn and Paradox Naught can do psychic damage.
Last edited by Muhandes on Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I pictured the Vambraces as more acidic, actually...
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Muhandes wrote:Maybe more of a suggestion than a bug.

As Fire Shield now does retribution fire damage, it raises the question, why doesn't cold shoulder shirt do cold damage?
Also, spooked credo and Vambraces of the Star Spawn and Paradox Naught can do psychic damage.
Wouldn't call that a "bug" so much as a suggested feature. But yeah, I've intended to expand to all of the elements. Fire shield was a test run, sorta.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Cristiona wrote:I pictured the Vambraces as more acidic, actually...
You have a point.
Ryme wrote:
Muhandes wrote:Maybe more of a suggestion than a bug.
Wouldn't call that a "bug" so much as a suggested feature.
Indeed :shock:
Patojonas

bug?

Post by Patojonas »

I've got 10 skill points invested in the Lifeblood Manipulation skill, however the pp cost is still 20 and this skill is listed as being working properly with skill points atm....is it just my bad luck or is it like this to everyone else?
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Lifeblood Manipulation

Equation: heals 50 + 5X% of HP; costs 20 - round(X/2) PP

Max: heals 100% of HP when cast; costs 15 PP
Taken from the wiki....
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Actually the spoilerriffic game manual says 15PP as well, however the popup says 20. Sounds like it's not quite ready for prime time.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

The wiki is my best effort in duplicating the spoilerific manual page. Any error in the process is mine and mine alone.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

by the way, if you check the game manual from the TH page and go to skills that's how it is in there, and no note saying it isn't properly coded yet, so I guess this feature was forgotten while coding....
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Not forgotten. Just still in the works. I do have it noted on the skill points thread that any cost reductions aren't inserted, but I realize that's one of many possible places to check.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

Your 3 pegaswe have been moved to your memento case
?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

:D
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Patojonas wrote:
Your 3 pegaswe have been moved to your memento case
?
Inside joke Patojonas. As plural for pegasus everything goes. Check the plural on the armored version.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

More importantly...

Pegasus... pegaswe
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

And even more importantly, wrong thread.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

The capping on the permanent sidekicks has several issues I encountered.

First, the capping on Karate expert is incorrect. It says the cap is level 20, and my spading says it does between Level and Level+2 damage, capped at 30. So the cap is at level 30, not 20.

Second, the entire "capping at level" does not really cap at level. For example, the Self defense expert does between Level*2-1 and Level*2+1. It is supposed to cap at level 10. At level 9 it does between 17 and 19 damage. At level 10 it does between 19 and 20 (not 21) damage. At level 11+ it does 20 damage. So it caps at 20 damage, but it keeps improving, and on level 11 it is better than level 10. What I'm saying is that the cap isn't by level, but by damage. The same applies to all the sidekicks I tried.

Edit: issue was stated as intentional. Feel free to remove
Last edited by Muhandes on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

As for the first: that's a typo and will be fixed. Was doing (level - 1.5) instead of (level * 1.5). Good catch.

As for the second, it's extremely close to being as advertised, and ultimately comes down to an issue of semantics. Most of the equations are along the order of (level * X) + (small random variance), with a cap at (level * x). The small random variance means there's a bit of weirdness right at the end. (For example, 20 - 1 = 19 and is below the cap, while 20 + 2 = 22, which becomes capped at 20, so level 10 doesn't always exactly hit the cap at 20.)

I definitely see your point, but my sensibilities would be equally put out by the alternative. If the variance was applied after the cap, sometimes the SD expert would deal 22 damage at the high end, which to me would mean the damage was capping at level 11, rather than level 10. I don't think there's a way to meet both of our interpretations, and the difference is ultimately fairly small, so I don't feel inclined to change the current setup.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I definitely hear you. This was just the scientist in me craving for exact definitions. The difference is really minor, and I agree the alternative might not be better.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I know this was reported elsewhere, and I thought it was corrected, but today it doesn't work again.

The green side of Gwneuthurwr Deganau's hunllef puzzle is supposed to give acid strike back damage. It doesn't always does. When one has Fire Shield it seems to work.

I'm suspecting the chances of some of the other events are also skewed, but I can't tell for sure.