Minor bugs

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Cristiona

Minor bugs

Post by Cristiona »

This is a thread to report minor bugs in. A new thread has been started to reduce clutter. Before reporting any bugs, keep the following in mind:
Ryme wrote:Minor bugs should be reported here. This is something more serious than a spelling error, but not so serious it breaks the game. Please note that serious bugs should NOT be listed in public--please report them in game.

Note that this policy may change later, if this system becomes awkward or sharing bugs in public causes problems.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Curious. More on that weird box-thing with trades. First, an image:

Box is up there right at the top of the main frame. It doesn't show up normally. After completing a trade, returning to the main page shows the mystery box. The box persists even when clicking around. Logging out and back in clears out the box.

The box never showed up during testing, so it cropped up after being made public. Probably something with the notification reserving space without printing anything.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

Ever since I first noticed it, during testing, I haven't seen it gone. Even after logging out/in and such.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I've got the mystery box 24/7 now too.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Satan

Post by Satan »

I've been bugging Ryme about it since the first day trade went in :p The logic's just got a misplaced bracket prolly, it's always echoing out the notification box instead of only when there's something to go in it.
Cristiona

Re: Minor bugs

Post by Cristiona »

Weird. Now I have two of those funky gray boxes at the top of my screen (and two light gray horizontal rules).

This could potentially get bad...
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I think I've got bad logic on which steps of the trade process you're in. Do you have any trades active at the moment? Or recently completed ones?

I never see any, but that's probably because I never trade anything.
neocamp22

Post by neocamp22 »

Yeah, I had two for a bit also, but I'm back to one somehow.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I think I just broke the "Trouble in the Galleria" quest.

If you try to confront John Steele before getting the steel knuckles and are defeated, the journal message says:

You've seen enough to feel confident that the owner of the pizza place, John Steele, more commonly known as Big J. or Jack, is responsible for some sort of neighborhood extortion. The owner of Bob's Bookstore has offered his assistance in sneaking a weapon into the bathroom of Jax 'Za. You picked up some steel knuckles from the Cannonball that would probably work. Maybe you should go see Bob again?

You might think this makes the adventure progress. Going to the galleria yields:

The bookstore owner looks over your collection of weapons. "Hmm," he says, fingering the steel knuckles, "I think these might work. I'll sneak them over as soon as I can." He takes your steel knuckles and tucks them in a pocket as you head back out into the street.

But the journal does not change any further and when you enter the bathroom there is nothing there. You can't get the steel knuckles though, A Noggin Scratcher does not occur anymore.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Using multiple window monkery, or by using the "Last Area Patrolled" container link, you can get to areas with limited range vehicles. For example:

Adventured in Insanity with clock.
Switch to T-1000.
Click on "Last Area Patrolled" and found myself at the Heavy Industry District.

However, you can't actually adventure there, you just have access. Pretty minor, but there you go.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

/count razzberry

Please be more specific. Your search matches: razzberry sticker, razzberry

So how do I count my razzberries?

And another tiny display issue, it does work correctly:

/count Robe of 'Umr At-Tawil

You don't have anything in your inventory that matches 'Robe of \'Umr At-Tawil'.

(forgot to remove the \ before the ')
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Okay. I don't need more examples. Every single one of them is broken or not broken by the same rule. A single fix will repair them all.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

dehydrated water can be recyclonized, for 0 units. It is just lost when you try.

Edit: so can melted plax, smoky goggles, tormented soles, unsanitary gauze.

Ryme says: Fixed

Edit: Indeed it is fixed
Last edited by Muhandes on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Your sidekick delivers a vicious judo chop! to your opponent that would make Mr. Miyagi proud, causing 0 damage.

This is against a physical resistant foe, clockwork mishmash. I was still expecting half damage, not zero.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Is Green Globulin supposed to increase max HP/PP by 10 for the duration of the effect, or regenerate +10 HP/PP per turn? Because it's not doing either for me. :/
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Increase.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Harry's right, it doesn't currently add HP or PP.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Fixed.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

The /count feature should properly return exact matches. For instance "/count razzberry" shouldn't complain it also matches "razzberry sticker".
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Since I've had a spate of bug reports from the level 10 quest due to people not bothering to name their understudy sidekicks, and then telling me it looks wrong when their sidekick name is blank in the quest flow, all sidekicks now start with some sort of randomized placeholder name and gender.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Black Box needs to be marked as no-memento.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Not anymore.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Not anymore.
Darn, you actually took mine out of the MD :)
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

It's not the kind of thing I could leave behind, because it will cause problems later. If not for that, I would have let you dirty exploiters keep a memento.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Multiuse and single use of liao don't work the same. Single use gives 120 minutes of both Euphoria and Utter Wretchedness. Multiusing gives 120 minutes of Euphoria and 240 minutes of Utter Wretchedness.

Edit: corrected.
Last edited by Muhandes on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

maybe because it is some sort of overdose?
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Carygon Nijax wrote:maybe because it is some sort of overdose?
If it wasn't 100% clear, I was talking about using the multi-use interface to use a single unit.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

The image of Fledgling elemental hero is lost at logout. After you log in again, the image is understudy.gif.
I tested several other sidekicks and they are fine, the problems seems to be confined to this sidekick only.

Edit: fixed, please remove
Last edited by Muhandes on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Muhandes wrote:Multiuse and single use of liao don't work the same. Single use gives 120 minutes of both Euphoria and Utter Wretchedness. Multiusing gives 120 minutes of Euphoria and 240 minutes of Utter Wretchedness.
Fix plz >.>
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Yes, I know, it's broken. The same thing keeping me from finishing the IotM precludes other fixes, too. I'll get to it as soon as I can.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

My journal's confused. I picked up my Black Box from the Crimebusters today, but my journal says:
Pursuing a Majority Report
You're trying to help Phil track down pre-vandals. Right now you're waiting for him to get a good reading so you know where to go.
Corrected
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Cristiona wrote:My journal's confused. I picked up my Black Box from the Crimebusters today, but my journal says:
Pursuing a Majority Report
You're trying to help Phil track down pre-vandals. Right now you're waiting for him to get a good reading so you know where to go.
Might be already corrected? I don't have this problem.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

PKProStudio was messing around with Surfing for Lolz and Vambraces of the Star Spawn and found some inconsistencies with expected Foe Toughness and what the Wiki says.

Setting aside possible Wiki errors, he reported that the Vambraces seemed to reduce earned XP from battles because of their blanket -FT effect. Should this be happening? I thought -FT just made monsters easier, not worth less XP as well.
zillow

Post by zillow »

If foe toughness is active when you go into combat combat then it should affect how much xp you get, so the vambraces should be subtracting 8 xp from what you would normally get
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Woo! Something that's actually not my fault!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

I was more wondering if the Vambraces are supposed to reduce the XP gain. In other words, is that the intended function, or is there a missing/non-functioning exemption?
Satan

Post by Satan »

Side effect of -foe toughness. Nothing more, nothing less.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

You fail at reading comprehension.

I'm asking is that is an intended side-effect. In KoL, -ML does not reduce stat gain.