Minor interface tweak requests

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Satan

Re: Minor interface tweak requests

Post by Satan »

Harry Dresden wrote:It already has a link, right above the Announcements.
Entirely missed that. I was looking in the top row of links.
Leader of PFE league. If you wish to worship me, ask me about joining my secondary league Cult of Satan (the largest league in the game!).
IcyFreak

Post by IcyFreak »

A colour change for the chat. System messages (like the result of /who) and outgoing PMs are the same undistinguished green.

Yeah, hi.
Have a nice day.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Icy? Holy moly, I almost didn't notice it was you! Where you been?

I considered other colors, but thought green as a notification fit the system. Blue and red are out. Orange is too close to red, yellow is hard to see, grey is indistinguishable from black or it's too light. That leaves ... ? Purple? I'm not sure that's any better.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Maroon?
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
NardoLoopa

Post by NardoLoopa »

It might be best to color your tells differently, rather than the notifications. Maybe maroon for those. I'd also be a fan of coloring my own name -- to call out when I last interacted with the thread of the conversation.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

I could swear Cris mentioned this, but I can't find it anywhere. It would be very nice if there was some notification that you found the last script page in the Cube quest if you're in a run where you start with the Sidekick from the beginning.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

With the left pane reconfigure, could the gigantic picture next to the sidekick also be clickable to take us to the sidekick section of the hideout like "sidekick" does?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

What "second set" are you talking about, Zel?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Hm. Then where is the "first set" I guess I need to ask? Do you have any scripts installed or something? I only have one set of chips and time icons on my left-hand pane.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

As do I.
I'm not following this request at all...
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
NardoLoopa

Post by NardoLoopa »

Dr Obvious wrote:On the "sell things" tab, is there any way to make the scroll box of your inventory resizeable?

I have 1) a stupidly huge monitor and 2) stupidly clumsy fingers. I can't manage to ctrl+click a bunch of things I want to sell, scroll down, and then ctrl+click through my inventory without clicking somewhere on the list when I mean to scroll, and clearing my selection.
ctrl-mouse-scroll-up. That's Zoom with firefox.
Patojonas

Post by Patojonas »

or ctrl + or - as well

ctrl 0 to set back to normal ;)
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

For things like the magic infinity ball and the lack of pies, it would be nice if there was a "use again" link up top like when you use the 3-speed bicycle shorts.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
trog

Post by trog »

I would really like it if there were the option to buy multiple items in the Criminology lab kind of like in the black market. I have so many IOU's that I would have to buy over almost 150 pre-coffees one at a time. That would suck.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

The use multiple interface could use a little info button like in the Tabernacle.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

I wonder if I'm the only person who does the "ronin" version of retcon - the 48 hours + break.

ANYWAY, there's part of the left pane that says:

Retcon is "out of window"
for 2:4:50

There are two things that bother me about this:

(1) What if I make a run that lets me retcon before the 48 hours? Am I barred from doing so? I think the phrasing is incorrect. It should be, perhaps, "Deep Storage is out of window" or something?

(2) the 2:4:50. Could it perhaps be 2:04:50? two digits for each section? it'd at least be prettier...
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
lazyfire

Post by lazyfire »

For skills like Upgrade Armor and Upgrade Weapons that give you multiple options, could we get a link to the skill pop-up or make them clickable as in the sidepanel? I'm always forgetting which one is which and having to go to the wiki.
lazyfire #303
The saddest songs were wrote in minor keys
Like Johnny Marr, I want my “Please Please Please” - Jason Martin
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Can we have another sub-category on the Use Things page for returnable items? When we got the current division, there was only the items from the pouch, but now there's quite a few items:

Lost items (7), wedges, deck, fortune cookies, sack items (8), plushies (10), snowball, icicle, plaudits, razzberry, and white elephant.

And presumably more as time goes on. My usable items list is pretty monstrous, so this would be pretty handy. Especially turning returnable wars with Nommy :twisted:
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

We need some kind of /ignore feature in chat, please. I know I can't benefit from it, but I can pretend and make myself feel a bit better when people are annoying the everloving crap out of me.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

In the store for Exclusive Subscription Vouchers, could we have it tweaked so that you can buy multiple items? I'd like to buy several sodas and slimes at once.
Nommy

Post by Nommy »

On the Decrypt drop-down menu, can it say how many of each code/data plate I have available?
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

Nommy wrote:On the Decrypt drop-down menu, can it say how many of each code/data plate I have available?
Would also love the key card to move up to the top of the list, so we don't have to scroll down every time we happen to have codes/data plates.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro »

Before the first Podcast, someone asked about the inventory system.

In KoL, I started using the "don't load inventory images" option, and it saves me a lot of hassle.

Could we get something similar in this game? You could click on the item name, or click on a "description" button to make the description pop up.
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Well, at this point, we've got enough items in the game that this might not be a terrible idea.
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

I wish all leaderboards would also show "where you would be" (rank and value, or at least the value).
(where you=currently logged on character)

On a completely different note, I often wish "sell things" also had "sell all but $X" option. Limiting $X to 1 is ... limiting.
Lxndr

Post by Lxndr »

When purchasing a vehicle from the used car lot, it'd be nice if I could just immediately be linked to a "use the vehicle just purchased" page.
Alexander Cherry
Twisted Confessions
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

When we make the skeptic sandals, could there be a [wear] link on that same screen so we could equip them without having to click over to the Wear Things page and then scroll down to equip?
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Also, would it be possible to make the skills on the Character page sortable by alphabet?
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

RKBrumbelow wrote:It would be interesting to have the option to hide equipment that is currently unusable or place it in a separate pane.
Greasemonkey mockup (with a bonus "item filter" feature): http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/121355
xKiv

Post by xKiv »

RKBrumbelow wrote:
xKiv wrote:
RKBrumbelow wrote:It would be interesting to have the option to hide equipment that is currently unusable or place it in a separate pane.
Greasemonkey mockup (with a bonus "item filter" feature): http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/121355
Thanks, I am now using it. It is a bit annoying, though not nearly as much as having everything there all the time, though to have to hit hide items every time I equip or refresh the screen. Any way to make it sticky?
Yes (add a checkbox tied to a GM preference), but it would be so low on my to-do list that I would never get to it.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

From Regina in chat:

1) armored pegasus shouldn't be disassemblable. There's a [use] function for that, and it seems like an enerbun explosion would be pretty hard on the poor horsie.

2) use multiple for enerbun, firecrackers, and fire bladders: breaking apart a dozen or so items can be quite time consuming, especially if one has a lot of usable items to scroll through.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Cristiona wrote:2) use multiple for enerbun, firecrackers, and fire bladders: breaking apart a dozen or so items can be quite time consuming, especially if one has a lot of usable items to scroll through.
Yes, please! Disassembling 100 digital rapiers is a pain in the ass without multi-use.