Minor interface tweak requests

For to fix what's broke, and improve what ain't. Or something thereabouts.

Moderator: Moderators

Muhandes

Re: Minor interface tweak requests

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:By popular demand, the recyclonizer has been upgraded to vend multiple.

And the assemble things page only lists things that are actually assembleable. (Let me know if anything got overlooked and isn't showing up properly. I haven't altered any recipes with this change.)
Thank you very much for implementing two very needed changes. This has already helped me save many clicks (and discovering a recipe ingredient).
cromulentia

Post by cromulentia »

I don't know if this has been discussed or not, and I don't have the patience to find out...

When assembling items, we can now make more than one thing at a time. Lovely. However, it would be nice if each time you assembled something, the number of items you wanted to assemble would be reset back to zero rather than staying at whatever number you entered for the previous assemblage.

Hopefully that makes sense. And hopefully you will forgive the overuse of the word "assemble."
League of Zeroes: We Rule
Satan

Post by Satan »

Err, what does resetting the counter have to do with a jetpack? In most cases there, you're only making one each of the final parts that make it up. It doesn't really make much sense to keep the amount made there, since it's unlikely you're going to want to do the same number again of an assembly you just did (you could've doubled the number if you wanted that :/). I say reset it to 1 (not zero), the default.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I liked this feature when making potions (make 50 of each of the materials) until I made 50 ruby treacle by mistake.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Not exactly. That reduces the amount of clicks by 1, to 1, when it was 2 clicks before. It's largely just a very minor annoyance. The memorized number, though, causes problems like what Muh showed, and doesn't apply to 99% of cases. You have more things that you don't need to do two of on the jetpack anyways, so if anything, you're still losing clicks. It's much safer to just set it back to 1, and the most convenient in most cases.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Ok, but that leaves the cases where we're there making multiple unrelated things, which is the majority. It doesn't make any sense to record the number in that context. I often prepare materials for the next robot day all at once, and have to change the number whenever I move on to the next one, assuming it's not 1. It's much more logical and efficient to just change it to 1, just like the skills work.
Satan

Post by Satan »

... Extreme minority? :/ And it doesn't make any sense for the skills to have the same number, since unless you're specifically trying to do the same number of casts, you wouldn't do that. Not to mention differing PP costs between skills and in some cases duration. In the case of assembly, there are very few reasons to have it retain the number (the few multi-stage things which people might actually make in bulk, or part of the jetpack). As opposed to, anything else? Making lots of different types of items? It just doesn't make any sense to retain that number. In most cases, no one makes a second jetpack anyways, so that's not even a standing problem. And in the former, it can cause problems, like when you make too many of another item you were making in bulk. If it defaulted to one and undershot, you've not wasted anything and can simply click and enter the right number, as opposed to irreversibly losing the items short enerbun/firecrackers, the former of which is difficult to come by at mid levels and the latter of which is a very rare drop in a somewhat otherwise useless zone past level 4 >.> Don't confuse what you find convenient with what the majority would find convenient.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I agree that the page should probably be reset to one; that's by far the most likely quantity to be desired at any given point.
cromulentia

Post by cromulentia »

Well, I didn't expect my request to spawn such argument. However, I'd be thrilled to have it just reset back to one, rather than zero like I initially said. I actually didn't even notice that it didn't reset until the other day when I accidentally made a bunch of something I did not want bunches of.
League of Zeroes: We Rule
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I think it would be nice to be able to switch easily from welding to assembling but... it is not thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat hard to change from welding to assembling- or viceversa- nowadays.. really.. how many clicks do you do? 2!!!!
yes.. I counted them... only 2!!!
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

sorry... but.. how much time do you spend in moving the mouse's arrow half inch and clicking one time?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Well, I think I finally fixed the issue that was causing the grey boxes to appear on the front page for some people -- related to a broken trade notification. In fixing this, it may trigger notifications for some people for some old trades. Rest assured no trading is going on ... the trade happens when it's accepted. The alert doesn't touch actual chips or items.

Also realized old trades weren't clearing out, and I put in a cleanup at rollover function for anything over a week old.

Also caught a couple of spots in the trading process where your id would show up in place of your trading partner's.

---

Unrelated to all of that, I broke and fixed the skills page about 8 times today. The karma charm was allowing unlimited casts of some spells. Everything should now cap at -3 as the largest benefit, and at 1 as the lowest cost for a spell.

Applied the same fixes to the fight page. Hopefully all the experience with the skills page means I didn't break it too much.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:Everything should now cap at -3 as the largest benefit, and at 1 as the lowest cost for a spell.
What about the Mirror of Nitocris's -5 to combat spell costs?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

er, um, look over there!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

So, uh, -5 it is.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Oh, my precious gray boxen :( I knew it was destined to end, but why so young?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

For a second there, I thought you were serious, and I was about to post that I apparently can't do anything that doesn't make someone unhappy.
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

In regards to putting items together, one would expect the bike and gears to be somehow combined, but then again I'm still washing my cape with my diapers, aren't I?
8) :lol: 8)
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I changed the sewers a touch so that once the Dank and Rusty Maze quest has been finished, if you get the tunnel choice adventure and opt to stay in the sewers, it will skip the next two times that you'd be prompted. In other words, less hassle, more sewer adventuring.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:I changed the sewers a touch so that once the Dank and Rusty Maze quest has been finished, if you get the tunnel choice adventure and opt to stay in the sewers, it will skip the next two times that you'd be prompted. In other words, less hassle, more sewer adventuring.
I just got that adventure twice in a row (clicked "stay in the sewers" and got it again). I also got it 3 times in 5 adventures. I supposed they are both still possible?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Neither of those should be possible.

Think I found a typo. Should really be working now.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Neither of those should be possible.

Seems to be working. Took two hours of adventuring until the option returned.
Was quite helpful today as I got the sewer from macduff :)
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Can there be a button on the memento, like the one when you auto-sell items "Sell all but one", but like "Remove all but one"

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :cry:
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Muhandes wrote:

Sewer avoidance seems to be broken again. I got the adventure 3 times in a row.
Last edited by Muhandes on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Jick wrote:I hope it's not presumptuous of me to start this topic, but I came in here expecting to see an appropriate place for it and didn't find one.

I'd like to see the section of the fight code where it gives you the yield of Vlad's Decryptonomicon give you a link back to your computer lab.

Maybe the words "your computer" could be linked to the lab with no fanfare or text-decoration property? I'm a big fan of links that aren't visibly distinguishable, as they reduce potential confusion, but that could be just me.
Tangent... does Jick ever play anymore?
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Character Information for Jick (#67)

Last Login: 2009-07-15 21:56:00
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Muhandes wrote:
Muhandes wrote:

Sewer avoidance seems to be broken again. I got the adventure 3 times in a row.
Forget that. The multi I experienced this on didn't finish the quest yet.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Ah, that explains it. I spent an in-game day trying to reproduce it, and couldn't.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Ah, that explains it. I spent an in-game day trying to reproduce it, and couldn't.
Sorry about that. I just didn't think a level 15 multi didn't finish it, but today it hit me.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Doc Igor wrote:Also, the equip link for the black box is nice, but it would be nice if the other crimelab gear also had them, for the sake of consistency if nothing else.
The radio has it, but it's quite useless as one usually has both accessory slots occupied.