Reputation post-retcon

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Re: Reputation post-retcon

Post by Ryme »

I asked about the first one in the retcon thread, and mostly had it shrugged off. As for the second, I see reputation as more of an in-run choice/manipulation. You have to hit both sides if you want to make Exigen-C, say, or decide which set of benefits you'd prefer.

Reputation was always meant to be expanded, though. Ideally at least one quest would change depending on reputation, and some other things ought to shift because of it. Just never figured out what those things would be.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

How about shortcuts? Add a shortcut to one quest if you are selfless and to another if you are selfish, thus a strategy might be to switch during the run?
blackmatter615

Post by blackmatter615 »

If I bought a php book (which funds are tight so thats not an option anytime soon) then I could probably start to help a month after, if ryme wanted it. Im fairly decent at coding in the other languages I know...
Satan

Post by Satan »

If you are a decent coder, you should be able to learn to code in PHP using only online tutorials. The PHP site's tutorial is a fairly good start, and they have an entire manual for the language, along with a function index. All online, all free.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

For full disclosure, I did buy a PHP and MySQL book at one point, but most of what I refer to is googling "php tutorial" or looking up functions on php.net. Surprisingly easy to pick up if you're passable at Java, C++, or even FORTRAN.