Another 30 Days of Twilight

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Another 30 Days of Twilight

Post by Ryme »

Figured I'd post a few teasers, just so people know what's in store for the next month.

It's gonna start off with a huge Halloween/Anniversary bash, of course. Some of the same old fun stuff, plus some new stuff, because there's always new stuff.

Then I've got things lined up so there's at least some addition for each of the first 10 days. Some small, some pretty big. I'll be focusing a lot on flavor this year, as opposed to a new quest, say. (New quest only if I'm lucky at the end of the month.) A couple of the early items ought to add a lot to the variety in the game, though.

We'll definitely have a few more criminology items, ought to have a few more leaderboards, new badges, new recipes, probably an upgrade for the pre-vandalism radio which isn't so compelling at the moment. If I can pull it off I'd like to include a hints system, not only for the benefit of newbies, but also to make good on the contest I held ages ago and then never wrapped up properly.

Might even throw a contest in there, if I can think of a good one, and think I can wrap it up in December.
Corrupt Shadow

Re: Another 30 Days of Twilight

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

You forgot something:

"...new hints to the new badges..."

;) :mrgreen: ;)
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Looking forward to it all
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Last year was great, this year sounds better! Looking forward to it Ryme.
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

BWAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Somewhere behind Cristiona's maniacal laugh, I hear the slight purr of a "Weeeeeeee!"
:mrgreen:
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I see behind that maniac laugh only a maniac laugh.... maybe she had something to do with this year's 30 days?
Top 10 on the Total Post list
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Cristiona wrote:BWAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: 8) :twisted: :twisted:
Just give it a thought,
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Dunno what to tell you, except I'm freezing my ass off and wanted to share the fun with the rest of you.
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Ryme wrote:Dunno what to tell you, except I'm freezing my ass off and wanted to share the fun with the rest of you.
**hands Ryme an automatic cocoa dispenser he whipped up for just such an ocation**
Thanks!
:D 8) :D
Just give it a thought,
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

Ryme wrote:Dunno what to tell you, except I'm freezing my ass off and wanted to share the fun with the rest of you.
Thanks for the snow man.. I was getting tired of the rain in here.. but today is sunny and warm.. kind of weird playing with snow in my PC while there's a shiny sun out there
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

It was the first day of rain here. A bit early for us, but we're mostly happy whenever we get it.
darkzumi

Post by darkzumi »

Looking forward to it, mucho gracias senor Rhyme! Twilight heroes is one of my favorite games. :)
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

darkzumi wrote:Looking forward to it, mucho gracias senor Rhyme! Twilight heroes is one of my favorite games. :)
it is "MUCHAS" gracias

by the way... nice anniversary present!!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Just wanted to note that after some discussion one of yesterday's recipes, which was originally a one-time use that was consumed, has been adjusted to be able to be used multiple times. Anyone who already used theirs will be able to get another copy of the recipe the same way they got the first copy.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Regarding today's update (the choice one), this is a note to the wiki crowd, who may make a ton of extra work for themselves if they're not careful.

I call this update "wandering villains". That "wandering" word is important (in part), so you may want to observe a bit before assuming the general means by which foes and zones are related. Dunno if this is useful advice or not, but I'm hoping it saves a bunch of editing and re-editing.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Just wanted to note that after some discussion one of yesterday's recipes, which was originally a one-time use that was consumed, has been adjusted to be able to be used multiple times. Anyone who already used theirs will be able to get another copy of the recipe the same way they got the first copy.
Is the adventure still one-time?
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

My guess is that the flag was reset for everyone, so that some people could potentially have 2.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Flag reset. It's still one-time, except for about 100 people, who can get it a second time.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Heh. This is a little embarrassing, but I just remembered all those wandering villains were supposed to have unique drops. I've gone ahead and slipped in placeholders, but all the details will have to get filled in later. Better to have a teaser than not get anything, right?

Either that or this is a crafty plan to drag out one big update over the course of many days so that it looks like lots of smaller updates. But would I do that?

Anyway, when you're done you'll be able to count 'em: 50 new unique foes with 50 unique item drops.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Heh. This is a little embarrassing, but I just remembered all those wandering villains were supposed to have unique drops. I've gone ahead and slipped in placeholders, but all the details will have to get filled in later. Better to have a teaser than not get anything, right?

Either that or this is a crafty plan to drag out one big update over the course of many days so that it looks like lots of smaller updates. But would I do that?

Anyway, when you're done you'll be able to count 'em: 50 new unique foes with 50 unique item drops.
What happens if you choose not to get them? Is that a one-time final choice to never see any of them?

Also, a suggestion: if it is such an important choice, maybe mention it in the journal/Other Notes?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

You're both being too paranoid. The choice is an "unlock/don't unlock" for the content, because it may get in the way of some people's playstyle. Everything else is a permanent addition to the game and is obtainable with time and effort.

I'm really not the kind of guy to make someone choose and then tell them what they missed out on.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

So what you are saying is that I could always choose to open this later?

As a side note, although I opened this on two different accounts, I didn't see any of the villains yet. Either they are quite rare, or much more likely, I haven't figured out how they spawn yet. I just adventure as usual, hoping they will pop up.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Insert the world's biggest facepalm here.

Fixed.

Grumble, grumble, stupid "if $rank == admin" error protection ....
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

When the reporter said she'd have it online in a few minutes I was doing my darnedest NOT to imply anything of the sort.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Not really sure if that's a bug or not. At this point, if other people are getting them, about the only thing that might be off is if it didn't record your choice properly.
Satan

Post by Satan »

I noticed that it took quite a bit of time to find a villain, but I don't know if that's a bug. I had from about 8 PM to 7 AM to find a villain at the cube after doing the choice, and I think my 3rd to last turn was a wandering villain. The encounter rate might be a bit low. Or it might've just been RNG screwage.
zillow

Post by zillow »

A couple of people in chat were starting to think that if you are hunting for IOUs then wandering villains wont show up, on an alt I didnt equip any of the IOU items and I got some villains and on my main after getting some IOUs my first adventure without one of the 3 items was a villain...
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I don't think there's a reason for IOUs to interfere with villains, but I'll look into that.

Getting 6 in one night seems extreme, unless it's a Frayday or you had a lot of turns banked.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Spent 3 hours with cereal port scanner, no villains. 1 hour without, got a villain.

Not the best evidence, but... yeah. Molly didn't get a single villain over about 5 hours using a black box.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I stand corrected, based on some other notes along those lines, and also finding a flaw in the code's logic. Should be fixed.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:I stand corrected, based on some other notes along those lines, and also finding a flaw in the code's logic. Should be fixed.
Smoothest. Rollout. Ever. :P