Zion's tears quest changes

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Zion's tears quest changes

Post by Ryme »

I think people will figure this out on their own well enough, and I don't want to get too explicit about it, but did want to at least go on record with some guidance.

The changes are only inside the Zion's Tears building itself. Foe encounter rates have changed a little, and there's a little addition which will both probably make the quest mechanic a little more clear and also gives a couple of ways for players to influence (and speed up) that part of the quest.

On the flip side, the changes probably *slightly* slow down the quest in cases where players don't do anything to try to optimize, but it can definitely go faster when players do try to optimize. In my head that's a good thing, and the right way to optimize a quest and keep some balance.
Sanjuro

Re: Zion's tears quest changes

Post by Sanjuro »

Aww, Ryme changed the quest while I was keeping records on it.

Oh well. If anyone is interested, I discovered that the Demiurge appeared after I defeated 4 Archons, and that Archons cannot be lasso'd or voodoo'd. That led me to believe that the quest mechanic was similar to how you met Susan: defeat 4 protest instigators to unlock the NC in which you meet Susan.

But now all of that effort is rendered obsolete.

EDIT: Corrected a typo.
Kinak wrote:Curse you its and it's! Curse yoooooooooou!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

The demiurge conditions didn't really change that much. What did change in that respect is probably at a level nobody would notice.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

In many ways, this is a pretty minor change. It's not like the rewrite of level 9 or the reworking of level 5. Furthermore, the change will be fairly obvious once you see it. People in the middle of the quest may or may not even notice that there was a change.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"