Resting enhancements

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

Resting enhancements

Post by Ryme »

The resting page has been enhanced. Rather than just assuming you want to rest a certain way, it now give you all of the options and lets you choose. It specifically lists options for using remotes, drowsing, or resting normally, and lists the effects of each. It also mentions if you own one of the Furrier's Den chairs, and lists their effects. And finally, it will tell you if you're wearing sleep-enhancing gear (currently only the night cap, but will be more in the future).

As part of this change, the sleeping draught has also been altered a touch -- it now always requires 5 minutes to rest when using it, no matter what other benefits may apply.

This does open the door for more advanced resting options. Either faster resting, or a hideout-based improved rester, or the like.

Oh, and the Furrier's Den chairs now apply their bonus to all forms of resting, including drowsing and the remotes, and anything else that comes out in the future.
Muhandes

Re: Resting enhancements

Post by Muhandes »

Nice enhancement. Now at last I can take all the remotes from the hiding place, resting kept using them when I didn't want to.
The only thing I'm going to miss is the one click resting (through the very simple GM script that adds the rest link) . It now takes at least one more click. I suppose it could be done with some more scripting. Or maybe a simple interface for "Just Chill" can be added?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I considered including a default where, if nothing else applied, it would automatically do the basic rest for you. The main reason I didn't do that is, I fear that once people get used to having a choice in the resting process, they might get taken by surprise if it charges ahead with the default. Particularly if they're wanting to use a sleeping draught, or forgot to pull a remote from the display case. As it is, they'll be able to see "hey, the option I wanted isn't up there" while if it steamrolls on through, they've lost their minutes and then have to go find/use the item. It also gives them a chance to notice if they're not wearing sleep-enhancing gear.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Hmm--interesting. I'll probably never use it though since I have my Lifeblood Manipulation, but it's still a cool option.
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
AldenteVonTino

Post by AldenteVonTino »

Interesting info, I can't wait to see it in action myself.
:idea: 8) :wink:
When you do the best you can it's called a try!
If you don't you need to ask yourself why?
Just give it a thought,
And failure is worth naught.
And then like an eagle you shall fly!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:It specifically lists options for using remotes, drowsing, or resting normally
Drowsing rods are used in combat. Unless you're planning on adding a resting bonus?
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Drowsing as in the "drowsiness" effect from sleeping draughts.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:I considered including a default where, if nothing else applied, it would automatically do the basic rest for you. The main reason I didn't do that is, I fear that once people get used to having a choice in the resting process, they might get taken by surprise if it charges ahead with the default. Particularly if they're wanting to use a sleeping draught, or forgot to pull a remote from the display case. As it is, they'll be able to see "hey, the option I wanted isn't up there" while if it steamrolls on through, they've lost their minutes and then have to go find/use the item. It also gives them a chance to notice if they're not wearing sleep-enhancing gear.
This makes sense. I guess a GM script is a way to go if you are the kind of person who wants to skip a step and is willing to blame only himself if this was detrimental.