change to gadgeteer "upgrade X" skill use

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

change to gadgeteer "upgrade X" skill use

Post by Ryme »

It's been frequently requested, so I've changed the way using the gadgeteer Upgrade Armor and Upgrade Weapons skills work. If you already have one of the mutually exclusive skills running, further casts of the skill will just increment the current skill, rather than prompting you to confirm/choose.

This relies on you to know what effect you have running, and assumes you'll want more of the same.

If you have one of the low-level effects on (before Improved Tinkering) and then acquire that skill, it will continue to extend the low-level effect with additional recasts. You'll have to shake off or let the old one expire before you'll be prompted with the Improved Tinkering options.

I fear that this may be a no-win situation, and I fully expect to get complaints from players saying they previously used the confirmation step as reminder if they had one of the other options running, and now they will waste PP extending the wrong skill before catching on, shaking the old one off, and using a new option. Guess I figure if both methods may end up being unpopular, at least this one requires fewer clicks.
Harry Dresden

Re: change to gadgeteer "upgrade X" skill use

Post by Harry Dresden »

I for one am very happy with this change. I'm a Gadgeteer every other day, so it will save me a little time not to have to keep clicking the radial button for Absorption or whatever each time I have the PP. Bravo, Ryme!
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Hm. I'll have to pay attention now. That verification boxed saved me from wasting PP on numerous occasions. Still, this is a good change.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I like this change. I always use the same two upgrades anyway, it saves me several clicks.
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

If this ever does become a problem, a compromise could be having the radio button already selected, which is what bugged me about the old way.
Before was 3 clicks, but had verification.
Now is 1 click, but no verification.
Preselected radio button would be 2 clicks with verification.
<==
Well, I've got a hat!