minor journal tweaks

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

Ryme
Site Admin

minor journal tweaks

Post by Ryme »

It's not worth an announcement on the home page, but I did tweak some of the low-level journal entries today after some conversations with a new player.

* For the Galleria quest, rather than prompting you to talk to Rand, if you haven't finished the first quest it prompts you to focus on it.

* For the Like a Super Neighbor quest, if you don't have enough transportation to get to the hospital, it points you to the hardware store.

Seemed like those questions come up a lot, so hopefully this will prod people in the right direction, or confuse them less.

For some of the later quests, the narrative still assumes you do them in order, and if you do them out of order it may make less sense. I don't have any plans to change that, though, because I don't want to force them to be in order but I really don't want to write adaptive plot.
Muhandes

Re: minor journal tweaks

Post by Muhandes »

On the same subject, if you start the galleria quest the journal message is: There's something fishy going on in the Galleria shops--it's weirdly quiet and the shop owners seem timid. Besides the stores, the only other night life in that area is at the Cannonball Tavern. Maybe you can pick up some clues there?

However, if you are level 1 you can't do that yet, the Cannonball Tavern opens on level 2.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Also, on the Journal subjet, I've noticed that on one of my alts the level 8 quest text references the Troutmaster even when you haven't finished (or even started) the Bay quest yet. In fact, I got both of them on the same page since I only visited the police station at level 3 and then again at level 8.
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Harry Dresden wrote:Also, on the Journal subjet, I've noticed that on one of my alts the level 8 quest text references the Troutmaster even when you haven't finished (or even started) the Bay quest yet. In fact, I got both of them on the same page since I only visited the police station at level 3 and then again at level 8.
Ryme wrote:For some of the later quests, the narrative still assumes you do them in order, and if you do them out of order it may make less sense. I don't have any plans to change that, though, because I don't want to force them to be in order but I really don't want to write adaptive plot.
Harry Dresden

Post by Harry Dresden »

Yeah.....I should, uh, read the entire post before commenting in future. >.>