Realm Of Madness [June 15th Update]

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

How would you rate the June 15th content?

1/5 (Very Poor)
No votes
2/5 (Poor)
No votes
3/5 (Average)
5%
4/5 (Good)
32%
5/5 (Excellent)
64%
Inaccessible
No votes

Total votes: 22

Cristiona

Re: Realm Of Madness [June 15th Update]

Post by Cristiona »

Chugsworth wrote:Combat-wise, I'd have to assume that the mobs in the new areas scale
Not all of them, no.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Yeah, definitely good stuff, good rewards. I notice design choices from very various other games too, very excellently done and well mixed.

I'm yet to die. :3

By the way...your sig is neat, Chugsworth. We need to have something like that for TH. A generator, that is. But that's off topic.

Also gives Ryme a chance to possibly get some data on how high level chars. fight. Well, he could do that with the Space Station too, but.

Also, did you ever consider putting in another alternate way of levelling up besides the Space Station? That would've been interesting, but I also see how it might create problems.
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

I've only been to the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE*, but what I've seen so far is cool.

I didn't realize right away that the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* shows up after you find the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE*, so I spent a few extra turns at the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* (which is good anyway, since I could use the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE*). Also didn't realize that you have to *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* after *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* it to get *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* to *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* you again (although it's reasonable that if just *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* it in *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* isn't enough, you might as well try the only other thing you can *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* with it).

Mod Edit: /me puts a stamp of approval on this post. Anyone who finds anything useful about this post hitherforthwith shall be fined for unreasonable madlibbing skills.
Jesus (#229) | Solitude (#257)
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Whoa--isn't there some mention of content while in the 48-hr rule? Can we edit those out people?

I find the new stuff to be kick-ass. Lots of work went into it. Someone doesn't have enough to do at her night job. ;)
I've won the 100k DD bet so many times, I should have the title "Mr. Luck"
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

/me spent 150 adventures in the 4 zones today, and hasn't managed to get any equipment, not that he can use any of it anyway, being only level 36.
=D
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Jesus and Jettclecto, please edit out the specific details of the content since we're still in the 48-hr rule.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Jesus wrote:I've only been to the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE*, but what I've seen so far is cool.

I didn't realize right away that the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* shows up after you find the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE*, so I spent a few extra turns at the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* (which is good anyway, since I could use the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE*). Also didn't realize that you have to *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* after *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* it to get *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* to *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* you again (although it's reasonable that if just *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* it in *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* isn't enough, you might as well try the only other thing you can *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* with it).

Mod Edit: /me puts a stamp of approval on this post. Anyone who finds anything useful about this post hitherforthwith shall be fined for unreasonable madlibbing skills.
LMAO! Nice Mod Edit. :lol:
the SUPERnaturalist

Post by the SUPERnaturalist »

hey! you can't censor JESUS!
for christ's sake!
=D
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

I was just trying to point out the possibility for confusion in actually getting to the new content.

Although now I'm wondering if I ought to say *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* instead of "new content" :þ
Satan

Post by Satan »

/me *GOVERNMENT CENSURE*'d your use of '*GOVERNMENT CENSURE*', if you couldn't tell. >.>
Jesus

Post by Jesus »

Of course it had to be you. I particularly liked the *GOVERNMENT CENSURE* of the word "do". That's a very Lord of Darkness thing, replacing two letters with seventeen.

<3
Olaf

Post by Olaf »

"CENSURE"?
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

The word you are looking for is "CENSOR".
<==
Well, I've got a hat!
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Hm, someone voted 3/5.

Why?
Satan

Post by Satan »

Oh, you're right. I had thought censure was a form of censor, like, an instance of censoring. But it's not :/ I guess it still kinda fits. >.>
darkzumi

Post by darkzumi »

Man, I LOVE the new areas and monsters and the quest!!! My level 67 gadgeteer gets his butt kicked HARDCORE in the higher range areas... I have 1,394 hp and they whittle it down FAST. My stats are Strength: 264, Intellect: 373, Reflexes: 840. I am getting squished in some areas, not fun. Maybe I need better gear or a higher Strength.

PS: Poor Jesus, getting censored by the government...
Hannahmaus

Post by Hannahmaus »

I fanatically love everything about this wonderful new content! :)
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I think the only awesome thing it has is that it is new... everything else is just great
Top 10 on the Total Post list
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

I really like the new content.

My only quibble, and even that is presuming something, is that I don't like new content coming in very rarely. If indeed the shimmering chaos is ultra-rare, and you need at least three of these to have all items, then I don't like it. Of course, it could be just slightly rare (say, 1 in 500 encounters) in which case it will be perfectly reasonable.
Strlikecrazy

Post by Strlikecrazy »

Muhandes wrote:I really like the new content.

My only quibble, and even that is presuming something, is that I don't like new content coming in very rarely. If indeed the shimmering chaos is ultra-rare, and you need at least three of these to have all items, then I don't like it. Of course, it could be just slightly rare (say, 1 in 500 encounters) in which case it will be perfectly reasonable.
That's an interesting point. I'd like to be doing something else than trying to find 3 over the next year or so. :?
Buying Stainless steelbreaker, n-barrelled shotgun and Seppia's cephalopod skullcap. Pm me here or ingame!
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Just out of curiosity, why would an ultrarare in this new set of zones cause a different reaction than an ultrarare in any of the other zones?
Satan

Post by Satan »

Probably because you need to find 3 to have a complete item set. Personally, I could care less, because that's the zone I'm gonna be in for awhile after I get my UR disc. I assume it'll hold us until atleast retconscension.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

lol, assuming things.
Satan

Post by Satan »

Finding 3 of the same UR might actually take awhile, depending. Even if it doesn't last until retconscension, it'll consume a decent chunk of time, probably enough for more quests to be put in.
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I realize that some people do consider finding UR's a requirement to meet their goals, but honestly I don't put them in with the intention that most people will get them. It's more of a "super-lucky bonus" than a "you're not complete until you grab this".
Muhandes

Post by Muhandes »

Ryme wrote:Just out of curiosity, why would an ultrarare in this new set of zones cause a different reaction than an ultrarare in any of the other zones?
It's not the zone. It's the fact that this ultrarare is a requirement for at least two more items, who knows how many more, making this whole area of new content based on extreme luck. I'd much rather have my game be based on capability than luck.
Ryme wrote:I realize that some people do consider finding UR's a requirement to meet their goals, but honestly I don't put them in with the intention that most people will get them. It's more of a "super-lucky bonus" than a "you're not complete until you grab this".
As I said above, this "super-lucky bonus" is required for two other items (at least). And these two items both have unique qualities. It's not so much about being "complete" (although this does play an important part) as it is about "I need to understand this quality". That's how I tick.

I'd like to reiterate that I'm not really complaining. New content is great, especially high level content. This is just my feeling about basing items on ultra-rares, which is, after all, just a small part of the new content.
MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Well, some people may view as collecting all the items as being "complete". I mean, not everyone has the same goals, or definition of "complete".
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I agree with MNA...

and with Muhandes... the fact that some UR is a requirement for getting some items sounds kind of weird... not impossible or unacceptable, just weird, only because we have no idea how this "lucky strike" works, we don't have a "luck" factor with us to tell us how many "special items" -not UR or SR, just, not that common- we might get
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Muhandes wrote:It's the fact that this ultrarare is a requirement for at least two more items, who knows how many more, making this whole area of new content based on extreme luck. I'd much rather have my game be based on capability than luck.
Rereading your post a couple of times, it actually sounds like you're mostly worried there may be large handfuls of shimmering chaos recipes, and that pursuing them could become a full-time occupation. I'm not going to flat-out state one way or the other, but I will say that given the amount of farming being done in those zones, there should be a pretty definitive answer as to the total quantity of options fairly soon.
Corrupt Shadow

Post by Corrupt Shadow »

Ryme should run for politics. He makes us think he answers questions without ever actually answering questions. ;) ;)
Carygon Nijax

Post by Carygon Nijax »

I'd surely vote for Rymw if that brings a nice present along :P :P