Flying over Downtown too much XP?

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

What are your stats and level?
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I wanted that zone to be a quick and easy way to burn turns and get XP without acquiring much else (items, money). In retrospect, I should have put a cap on the XP gain there, and at some point in the future I probably will (think with retcon/ascension; or with some major revamp). In the short term, I don't think it's hurting anything, even if it's pretty generous to high level players.
malk-a-mite

Post by malk-a-mite »

Ryme wrote: even if it's pretty generous to high level players.
... not really, no one who is grinding for XP wastes turns in the skies.
==
insert clever .sig file here
==
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Ryme wrote:In retrospect, I should have put a cap on the XP gain there
You did: level * 12
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

Since levels aren't capped, that's not a true cap. I mean something like 300 being the max--a hard, unbreakable cap. You know, like those orange helmets they wear at construction sites. But harder and more unbreakable.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Eh. I don't think it's a big deal, really. I mean, even at my level, it'd net me 1800 XP per round. In the Delta, I regularly break 3000. At 1800/round, we can assume I'll actually average around 1350 per round (considering the sky water gives no XP). Since I need about 1.1 million to level, it'll take me about 814 turns to level. In the Delta, I'd need about 366 turns; less than half. This is also assuming that players in the skies actually have to stats to get the max gains.

Furthermore, lost phones, +XP gear, and phone numbers won't help.
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"