Update to the FAQ + Policies, please.

Talk about the game. What game? The game with the power? What power? The power of ... aw, skip it.

Moderator: Moderators

MagiNinjA

Post by MagiNinjA »

Ryme doesn't care about those areas because you can choose to ignore those areas. You can't avoid someone blurting a spoiler in chat.
Cristiona

Post by Cristiona »

Moreover, it's just 48 hours. It's not like we're asking for a lot here...
The churches are empty / The priest has gone home / And we are left standing / Together alone
--October Project: "Dark Time"
Ryme
Site Admin

Post by Ryme »

I'm not sure I understand what is being requested to be added to FAQ/policies.

A spoiler, by my definition, is telling someone about something brand new that they couldn't learn without exploring that new stuff. That includes ALL specifics. Names, functions, descriptions, etc. I think this is fairly close if not identical to the definition used by most other places, is it not?

As noted, it's okay to point to a profile, because someone has to be willing to click the link and accept the spoiler; it's impossible to know not to read a line in chat, hence the ban. The spoiler policy is not an attempt to force anyone to figure it out on their own, I don't really care how anyone does it. The spoiler policy is to protect players who *want* to figure it out on their own from having something shoved in their face when they'd rather not see it.